• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aircraft List using Tacpack

Is there an update I have to download for that Zsoltquack? I can't remember it being supported from the start.

The list of tackpack compatible aircraft is starting to look good, but hopefully we'll get some typical adversary aircraft with tackpack soon too. :)

I also hope...
it would be nice if...

About the Restauravia MIII, there are no plans for TacPack..... a wish one might have, but still there are no plans for such.

Razbam has picked up their work on the TacPack A-7.
In fact, Ron already posted today on FB the following message :
"We´ll be releasing the 1st A-7 Tac Pac beta tonight, for those pre-relase customers, we´ll update your downloads so you can get it, it´s going to be initially the A-7E version, during the week, we´ll update the files (and your accounts) to include the D and early versions..i´m seriously considering to include the 2 seat trainer variants, all in one single package".

Cheers,
Hank

I'm working on my Hunters at the moment.

Hi Dave,

Do you have the 30mm Aden cannon working? Are they modeled as such in TacPack?

What about these babies too?!

42825.jpg

Last edited:
Cannon are working, but they're not Aden. If VRS add Aden cannon to TacPack, it's simply a matter of changing the name in the ini file.

Was there supposed to be a pic attached Andy?

So far, I've got cannon, AIM-9B, 500lb dumb bombs, cluster bombs, practice bombs, Matra rocket packs and Sura rockets. For some I've had to pick the nearest TacPack equivalent for now. Note, I'm working on the Swiss Mk58, so weapons are for that mark.

So far, I've got cannon, AIM-9B, 500lb dumb bombs, cluster bombs, practice bombs, Matra rocket packs and Sura rockets. For some I've had to pick the nearest TacPack equivalent for now. Note, I'm working on the Swiss Mk58, so weapons are for that mark.

Hello Dave,
Are you using the gun sight that comes with the SDK?

I expect so. I'm not using any sight at the moment, but I can still make kills with the Sidewinder in a "point and shoot" fashion.

Thanks Dave,
I must say I'm looking forward to a TacPack "Hunter"
Not been able to get anything other than the gun working on any model as yet.

Thanks Dave,
I must say I'm looking forward to a TacPack "Hunter"
Not been able to get anything other than the gun working on any model as yet.

If you've got a gun working, then you're part way there. :adoration: Dumb bombs & unguided rockets are handled pretty much the same way as the gun.

The weapons are all listed in the tacpack.ini, in the [MapStoresIDs] section, then you use the [Store_Station.x] sections to define which weapons are usable on which store stations.
Each weapon has it's own ID. You'll have to write some code to tell TacPack which ID is loaded on which station, and which station is selected. Then when you pull the trigger, send the firing order to TacPack to fire that particular store. It's fairly straightforward once you get your head around it. I can help you out with some specific code if you like, but I'm still learning myself! :biggrin-new:

Hello Dave,
Thank you very much I really would appreciate any help you could give me.
I just want to start off with a couple of 500lbs bombs and a couple of sparrows.
I realize that we are all on a learning curve but some of us are better equipped to take it all in!:untroubled:

Rob

Yeah, it was a photo of Sura rockets, so you've answered the question Dave!

attachment.php

Attachments

• 42825.jpg
    42825.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 82
Interesting, you're pic shows the second row mounted on the pylon. I've also got pics of them fitted without the pylon, directly to the wing the same as the other rows. Which is correct? Hmm.

Anyhow, here's them in action.

sura.jpg

Oooooooooh boy! That is AMAZING Dave!

I suspect the photo I posted shows a non-standard fit.

Rob: How much arm-twisting would it take for you to rework your Sea Venom and add 20mm Hispano Mk.V cannon, 60lb RP-3 rockets and a P3D and/or TacPack functional radar??!! :encouragement:

Andy

Back