• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aircraft List using Tacpack

Oooooooooh boy! That is AMAZING Dave!

I suspect the photo I posted shows a non-standard fit.

Rob: How much arm-twisting would it take for you to rework your Sea Venom and add 20mm Hispano Mk.V cannon, 60lb RP-3 rockets and a P3D and/or TacPack functional radar??!! :encouragement:

Andy

Rob, you have two arms, so I would like to twist the other one. It would be great if your Meteors would be Tacpacked. At Fly Away Simulations there is a V-1 flying bomb for FS2004 that can easily be converted to FSX. If one takes a V-1 as a target with TacPac it will not take evasive action and will not shoot back - more realistic with a V-1 than with many other planes. V-1 hunting in a Meteor is something I think would be interesting for some of us.

Re: Uncle Salty TacPack enabled aircraft

I downloaded and installed the F4U Corsair and AH-1W Cobra.
The Corsair appears to be the freeware -7 model from Guy Hulin, while the Cobra is the old Alphasim freeware.

FM is stock. Weapons that are modeled are guns, AIM-9s for the Corsair and guns, rockets and AIM-9s for the Cobra. Both have chaff and flares. I could not find a way to activate a gun sight, so I sprayed and prayed a lot. Stock Gatling gun sound for all guns and no swoosh for the rockets or missiles.

Really, if you want something to goof around with, here you go. Uncle Salty figured out the coding process and gave his time for free. Your call on using it in game.

-Jeff

I'm working on my Hunters at the moment.

Dave, I already had the Alphasim Hunter but this thread made me want to have a look at yours. What a pleasant surprise! Beautiful inside and out, and she flies very nice although I made only two short flights as yet. Looking forward to the TacPac version! Are the 'proper' cannon available in TacPac?

Re: Uncle Salty TacPack enabled aircraft

I downloaded and installed the F4U Corsair and AH-1W Cobra.
The Corsair appears to be the freeware -7 model from Guy Hulin, while the Cobra is the old Alphasim freeware.

FM is stock. Weapons that are modeled are guns, AIM-9s for the Corsair and guns, rockets and AIM-9s for the Cobra. Both have chaff and flares. I could not find a way to activate a gun sight, so I sprayed and prayed a lot. Stock Gatling gun sound for all guns and no swoosh for the rockets or missiles.

Really, if you want something to goof around with, here you go. Uncle Salty figured out the coding process and gave his time for free. Your call on using it in game.

-Jeff

Shf-4 brings up a simple helmet-mounted display. A nice touch and it shows what is potentially possible with TacPac.

At the VRS support forum you can find files for tacpacking the A2A P-51D (with sound and tracer effects), P-40, Bf-109E and Spitfire MkI and –II. Haven’t tried them out yet. <o:p></o:p>

Awesome!!! Great to see more aircraft getting the mod. Hopefully Dave is getting close to releasing his Hunter mod.

-Jeff

Rob, thanks so much for the F8! Nice to have one of the first-generation jets Tacpacked. Can I port over the tacpac.ini file and aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg entries etc. over to your other Meteors? Or are you perhaps working on them?

A2A B-17 TacPack conversion files

A2A B-17 TacPack conversion files

<center>FSX Tacpack Conversion For A2A B-17
</center> <center>[SIZE=-1] [ Download | View | Video ] [/SIZE]</center>
Name: a2a_b17tacpack.zip
Size: 22,594,201 Date: 07-07-2015 Downloads: 145

[SIZE=-1]
a2a_b17tacpack.gif

FSX Tacpack Conversion For A2A B-17. This package includes the files and instructions needed to enable TacPack weapons on the A2A Boeing B17 (Accusim), This package includes only the files needed for the conversion, this is not the complete aircraft. You must own the A2A B-17 and the VRS Tacpack to use these mods. By Ed Akridge.
[/SIZE]

<tbody>
</tbody>
Johan

Thanks for the pointer Stickshaker! But I don't have tacpack. I was merely trying to be helpful! ;)

And for me, the combination accusim+tacpack would be a recipe for disaster! I'm a certified airplane nut, but probably the worst pilot in the world.

In real life I was just barely able to put down a Socata Rally. A very docile airplane indeed, with the added luxury of having a friend sitting right hand side who is also an instructor! :biggrin-new:

Johan

If we're talking 'on the way', then there's the Aerosoft EE Lightning F6 (with a bonus F2A external model) to go with their earlier EE Lightning F3 - which is also getting a TacPack upgrade.

Dave

Yes, dhazelgrove, and it seems to be almost ready.
Johan, I used to fly ultralights but I am not a very good pilot myself. Still, I practiced landing taildraggers in a sim and it helped me when I got the chance to land a Tiger Moth.

Are there any tecnical reasons, why TacPack is not working with Prepare3D pro, since it seems to be working fine with Prepare3D academic ?

Do anyone know if it is of pure eula reasons? Or if not, if there will be a Tacpack "update" for the pro version ?

May have to invest in the academic version, if not :wink:

Best

Soeren

Back