• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Boeing B314 "Clipper" released

Engines are running, battery only and I noticed - No electric (so flaps doesnt work and no ATC).

Dynamotor was switched to off before I set generators to 14V. Any idea? P3D reports "no electric" on ATC window.

On the back wall, or Shift 7 I believe, there is a small panel with the water gauge, and a few generator recharge switches, there's a Radio Trans and Radio Recvr switch, flip those on and you should have radios.

btw. Someone has diagram of engines settings maybe for each stage of flight? From real handbook B314 maybe?

I bought the full Pilots Operating Handbook in digital format and I'm happy to tell you that 90% of it is in the Pilot's manual series for the digital aircraft. Haven't been able to find a checklist for anything to save my life so maybe there's something still yet to be discovered!

On the back wall, or Shift 7 I believe, there is a small panel with the water gauge, and a few generator recharge switches, there's a Radio Trans and Radio Recvr switch, flip those on and you should have radios.

Thx for this info! It was this! Both switches to ON and ATC and flaps started to work (it looks like thos switches supply electric). :applause:

I could veify that they any of these two are setting "CIRCUIT AVIONICS" On and "AVIONICS MASTER" On. Good catch !
Works also with the VC :)

Thanks !

Gérard

Just for preview. Near to finish but Id like to wait for v5.1 HT1 to see the changes in this update.
After this, this package new textures for VC will be out. Its not only brighter textures, I did retexturation many parts + small improvments. Will do night textures also.

Bh3vUO8.jpg

Just for preview. Near to finish but Id like to wait for v5.1 HT1 to see the changes in this update.
After this, this package new textures for VC will be out. Its not only brighter textures, I did retexturation many parts + small improvments. Will do night textures also.

Great - Thanks you for this contribution to our beloved B314 :)

Gérard

@Yoyo

By the way, did you notice that the on/off autopilot label (on the right of the CPT seat) is inverted.
If you can fix it, would be nice.

:)

Gérard

Nice work YoYo certainly needed this. I am curious about the overall green colours given that Pan Am traditionally on all their aircraft did blue and brown. The seats are ok but when you see some contemporary cutaways I see creams and bieges and blue and brown. I wonder why the developers opted for the green look - I know the aluminium protection paint in this era of aircraft especially military was the dreaded khaki green of the aluminium anti corrosion paint but Pan Am was still the user and buyer and they were always fussy about the 'Pan Am' Look!

For interest here is photograh of the Foynes replica - standard Pan Am colours - curious!
attachment.php

Attachments

• plane-cockpit-replica-flying-boat-museum-foynes-ireland-exact-boeing-flying-boat-amazing-flying-.jpg
    plane-cockpit-replica-flying-boat-museum-foynes-ireland-exact-boeing-flying-boat-amazing-flying-.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 190
I am curious ...

Hard to tell now. I cant find any good pictures, especially colorful, they are rather Today colored. It could be grey maybe. Its easy to fix for me, I have my own template for upholstery.

521659bc69bedd3852000021

50005108336_b07b24318a_b.jpg

VWGHBKPv2M4HPkIBdqRygx30-p4Cd4PQVbKRscC3NeTU3RUtFs71AuNd7Mx0rXHVf09fUOI0ZEbrEeG61xuzyUUJpn4Z8jZykn06aw0ZEnzy2Z_UznargGkL5JlrijcT4Sc

127228467f8ca49761e9f0cd3f89723c.jpg

but dont forget how Constellation looked like ;)

333945_800.jpg

Yo Yo = great screenshots good to see your airborne in the Clipper. (I still await my new PC - sigh!). The recolouring is a pain true. I had a recolouring program which I tried a number of B&W photos on, actually looking for the colours for the Qantas Constellations, it did not help really but I found a posting elsewhere from an engineer who came good, the QF Connies were grey cockpits with red seats not green. As for the Clippers I did find a reference to the work of an interior designer who Pan Am employed for things of colour and style - He is quoted as beiges, creams and blues with tasteful wood as per Pan Am instructions for all Pan Am aircraft. Did it apply for the B314, given it was wartime again hard to say!

As a footnote I have been trying to buy this one but it seems Pilots shopping cart is broken. Updating it perhaps? Try again another day - computer says NO!

Last edited:
Anyone tried to port this over to MSFS 2020 ?

I think it could be a wrong idea. To many deeper programing here. Maybe only the shape and few basic controls will work so no big fun. They have plans for MSFS but when full SDK will be relesed by Asobo so not now.

I think it could be a wrong idea. To many deeper programing here. Maybe only the shape and few basic controls will work so no big fun. They have plans for MSFS but when full SDK will be relesed by Asobo so not now.

If you planning on doing the interior than I most likely wont get it...doing the interior was the only reason I was thinking about it...it needs it..

Nice work YoYo certainly needed this. I am curious about the overall green colours given that Pan Am traditionally on all their aircraft did blue and brown. The seats are ok but when you see some contemporary cutaways I see creams and bieges and blue and brown. I wonder why the developers opted for the green look - I know the aluminium protection paint in this era of aircraft especially military was the dreaded khaki green of the aluminium anti corrosion paint but Pan Am was still the user and buyer and they were always fussy about the 'Pan Am' Look!
For interest here is photograh of the Foynes replica - standard Pan Am colours - curious!

Btw. from B.314 manual:

"Interior DecorationMake no doubt about it, the interior of the B-314 looked like a flying Art Deco palace. The following iscopied directly from the B-314 Maintenance Manual, section III and describes the interior of the clipper."

WWyKeTo.jpg

YOYO Good find there resolves the issue nicely thanks for that. Goes to show cannot believe a lot of what you find on the net sometimes it seems. Not that I am dissappointed. They were certainly going for the luxury art deco look then same as Imperial Airways had the Indian Raj look until the S23 turned up and that was vanilla plain ala British Rail.

Back