Burning Blue's Enhanced Global Vegetation

This finally hit Marketplace, so going to grab it there. (Just easier to switch between Bijan and Burning Blue using the content manager, since I bought Bijan in Marketplace.)
 
Just purchased it and I'm getting an error in Marketplace saying it's not available! It was available enough to take my money!
 
Just purchased it and I'm getting an error in Marketplace saying it's not available! It was available enough to take my money!
I have had this happen 2 times recently, I think its something to do with the store not being synched with the game?

I don't think there's anything we can do I am not sure, I would wait a bit maybe wait like 20 min, reboot machine, remove the rolling cache, then start the sim.

The second time I saw this issue right after a purchase, I backed out of the market to the main screen, then back into the market, then My library again and the issue was gone. However the first time I had this issue it lasted a few days so I don't know what to tell you other than to try different things, but I can say for a fact I have had this happen twice and it did resolve its self some how.
 
One of my reservations with Bijan's product is that there can be quite a few small updates coming through, such as just fixing trees at 1 or 2 locations. I would be happier if he saved them up & dropped a large update now & then, ilo tinkering.
Some may see that as a positive rather than a negative.........
 
Just purchased it and I'm getting an error in Marketplace saying it's not available! It was available enough to take my money!
Why I try not to buy anything there, plus its other anti consumer and tax-avoidance practices. It's the ordinary Joe that suffers in the end.

You can download directly from Burning Blue's site and they probably get a bigger slice of the money........ the Marketplace is set up for the lazy, and those that would rather support multi-billion pound corporations trying to create monopolies, rather than independent creators...........in my opinion.
 
I've been using this addon since it was first mentioned here & tbh I think it is one of the more worthwhile addons you can buy.

I'm more of VFR virtual pilot so I can enjoy the scenery at my leisure & I'll definitely wont go back to the original trees now!.

Although I'm not too sure if it will show the changes of the seasons (off the top of my head I'm not sure id MSFS2024 does that anyway?!)

It's just my 2p's worth & it's up to the individual user to see if they like it or not!

Keith.
 
I have had this happen 2 times recently, I think its something to do with the store not being synched with the game?

I don't think there's anything we can do I am not sure, I would wait a bit maybe wait like 20 min, reboot machine, remove the rolling cache, then start the sim.

The second time I saw this issue right after a purchase, I backed out of the market to the main screen, then back into the market, then My library again and the issue was gone. However the first time I had this issue it lasted a few days so I don't know what to tell you other than to try different things, but I can say for a fact I have had this happen twice and it did resolve its self some how.
All sorted thanks. I exited the game and came back in and it fixed itself, so probably was a synch thing.

Why I try not to buy anything there, plus its other anti consumer and tax-avoidance practices. It's the ordinary Joe that suffers in the end.

You can download directly from Burning Blue's site and they probably get a bigger slice of the money........ the Marketplace is set up for the lazy, and those that would rather support multi-billion pound corporations trying to create monopolies, rather than independent creators...........in my opinion.

Just for ease of managing addons, I try to just use Orbx and Marketplace. I don't consider myself lazy as busy with other aspects of life, but thank you for the opinion 🤣
 
I've been using this addon since it was first mentioned here & tbh I think it is one of the more worthwhile addons you can buy.

I'm more of VFR virtual pilot so I can enjoy the scenery at my leisure & I'll definitely wont go back to the original trees now!.

Although I'm not too sure if it will show the changes of the seasons (off the top of my head I'm not sure id MSFS2024 does that anyway?!)

It's just my 2p's worth & it's up to the individual user to see if they like it or not!

Keith.

It does show the seasonal changes well, I had a go last night. On the whole I quite like it. I guess, much the same as Bijan, there will be places it excels, others where it doesn't. Not sure which one I prefer from visiting some of my frequent places just yet.
 
All sorted thanks. I exited the game and came back in and it fixed itself, so probably was a synch thing.



Just for ease of managing addons, I try to just use Orbx and Marketplace. I don't consider myself lazy as busy with other aspects of life, but thank you for the opinion 🤣
It doesn't take too much time and organisation to keep track of downloads - but hey I would rather support the independent creators as much as I can and not the mutlinational corporation trying to avoid its tax commitments and working at its best to ignore hard won consumer rights as little as I possibly can.. We all have busy life's no doubt.......
 
Last edited:
It doesn't take too much time and organisation to keep track of downloads - but hey I would rather support the independent creators as much as I can and not the mutlinational corporation trying to avoid its tax commitments and working at its best to ignore hard won consumer rights as little as I possibly can.. We all have busy life's no doubt.......
Your opinion on the Marketplace has been made super duper clear in the Taylorcraft topic and elsewhere, thanks! We got it!

As for not supporting the multinational corporation, keep in mind that if the multinational corporation doesn't make enough money on this product it will eventually shut down development and even the servers necessary to keep the product working. So maybe stepping back and looking at the big picture is worth a few seconds of your time. (Or switching to X-Plane...) It is in our interest for Microsoft to also make money on this product.

Back on topic, excited to give this a try. Been super busy and no sim time in the next few days, ugh.
 
Your opinion on the Marketplace has been made super duper clear in the Taylorcraft topic and elsewhere, thanks! We got it!

As for not supporting the multinational corporation, keep in mind that if the multinational corporation doesn't make enough money on this product it will eventually shut down development and even the servers necessary to keep the product working. So maybe stepping back and looking at the big picture is worth a few seconds of your time. (Or switching to X-Plane...) It is in our interest for Microsoft to also make money on this product.

Back on topic, excited to give this a try. Been super busy and no sim time in the next few days, ugh.
Yeah I know you have no moral centre........... Microsoft has us all by the balls now, so they'll probably **** us one way or another......you are just helping them on the way...........Goodbye SOH.
 
Yeah I know you have no moral centre........... Microsoft has us all by the balls now, so they'll probably **** us one way or another......you are just helping them on the way...........Goodbye SOH.
Out of line. Knock it off. I'm no MP fan myself, but let's keep it civil, shall we? @DennyA tone it down.
 
Microsoft is a 3.5T company as in Trillions! They are not hurting to say the least. I can't imagine they are worried about MP success because the $$$ is coming from purchasing the game. Also, Xbox users, so I've read make up a large percentage of flight simulator community and they can only purchase through MP. Personally, I don't know how you can really enjoy FS2024 on Xbox, but to each their own. So I would imagine MP is doing just fine and we don't really have to worry about the need to purchase through MP to help the MSFS cause if we are PC users. There is no question that having the ability to modify files to make a developers release more enjoyable/functional is the reason I will not purchase through MP.
 
So, about BB's enhanced vegetation, I'm seeing reports that the "pop in" of trees/bushes is more pronounced and closer to the aircraft with this modification than with the default. In a couple of comparison videos on YouTube, it seems to be the case. Anyone noticing that?
 
So, at first glance, this looks good, and at my home airport, it solves the "underground trees showing through the ground polygons" issue that Bijan said was MS's issue. Overall I like it, but I wonder how much of it is me just wanting to justify the $12.99 I spent.

---

My last word on this (sorry, Priller, but I'm keeping it factual and civil! :) ), because it's off-topic and we can create a Marketplace discussion topic if we want to theorize further, but I'll just point out that I worked for MS for 16 years, 14 of those in the gaming area, and as MSFS fans we absolutely are invested in MSFS making money if we want it to continue. Especially given all of the layoffs, studio closures, and killed products in the past couple of years in the gaming division. (And I was hit by a layoff myself, so I have no loyalty to the company at this point.)

They killed FSX even though it was making money, because it wasn't making enough money compared to other products in the division. They killed Microsoft Flight without giving it a chance to build the market (though it was a flawed product and likely never would have). They absolutely could do it a third time.

So writing off MS as a rich company and thinking they'll keep funding the product development and servers no matter what just isn't the reality of the situation.

All that said, I do prefer to buy planes directly from the publisher when it's an option; I love being able to mod them. I just went Marketplace on this one because I bought Bijan's trees there because the installer he used to use wasn't Addons Linker-compatible, and having both add-ons in Marketplace makes it easiest to switch between them.
 
Back
Top