CFS2 CAMPAIGN EDITOR

CFS2 Campaign Editor 1.0

No permission to download
I don't think anyone has ever done anything to automate this - I think the only stuff I've seen is in Cody's Mission Building handbook.
 
Campaign Editor coming along nicely.
Ever wondered what the Default CFS2 US Campaign looks like as a flow chart ?

Here it is :
Splitter = 50% chance to take either branch
Green Links = Mission Successfully completed branch
Red Links = Mission Failed branch
Text in Rectangles = Mission name

So basically thee campaign has 4 main legs.
When you start the campaign, you have a 25% chance of landing on one of these main legs.
Then the first few missions just follow one after another
after a while, the campaign start getting more dynamic, branching of to multiple missions depending on mission success/failure

CampTree.png

Regards
RingTingTing
 
Finally Nailed the unpacking of the flow charts.
RTT Campaign Editor will be released as soon as I finish the manual.

US campaign :
War in the Pacific--USN.png

Japanese Campaign :
War in the Pacific --IJN.png
 
OUTSTANDING WORK! WOW!!!!

big_eyes.gif

Many Thanks .... But be careful .... or the humans might discover us!


alien.jpg
 
Many thanks RTT. This is probably outside of my SOH list of abilities, still I always enjoy a challenge. Who knows?
 
Many thanks for this - it looks like an extremely powerful tool :monkies:

i like the way you've de-mystified the campaign building process, & the ability to see the flowchart & modify it is inspired! 👍
 
Hello RTT

Before diving in it: from what I read I understand that with your tool one could generate a campaign with missions from any region or any time, mixing them. If I understand rigthly.

For instance startng as a PZL11 pilot during fall weiss, then flying a B29 over Tokyo is successful or a Bf109 over Tobrouk is missed then a Me262 in Germany or a P47 in France or a Stuka in Russia or D21 in PNG, etc...

Provided obviously I have the corresponding missions and required materials in my CFS2 folder?

Is it right or not?
It could generate a new interest by using the already existing missions from talented people, in my view.
In any case, many thanks for your work
 
Hello RTT

Before diving in it: from what I read I understand that with your tool one could generate a campaign with missions from any region or any time, mixing them. If I understand rigthly.

For instance startng as a PZL11 pilot during fall weiss, then flying a B29 over Tokyo is successful or a Bf109 over Tobrouk is missed then a Me262 in Germany or a P47 in France or a Stuka in Russia or D21 in PNG, etc...

Provided obviously I have the corresponding missions and required materials in my CFS2 folder?

Is it right or not?
It could generate a new interest by using the already existing missions from talented people, in my view.
In any case, many thanks for your work

Yes, that's correct.
I did not build any date checking into it, so you should be free to plonk any of your missions into the campaign.

Regards
RingTingTing
 
Hope it works okay.
I do not have a lot of time for testing at this point.

You guys can post any issues you pick up here.
 
My anti virus shut it down.

Hiede

Yes, I'm secretly mining data with this utility . . . . . . .
Don't know what to tell you Hiede. Can't you whitelist it in the AV ?

It writes a small text file to the "Programdata" folder to save the Game path.
Maybe your AV or WIndows rights management does not like that part.
Try to run the executable as Administraror and see if helps.
 
Last edited:
Yes, I'm secretly mining data with this utility . . . . . . .
Don't know what to tell you Hiede. Can't you whitelist it in the AV ?

It writes a small text file to the "Programdata" folder to save the Game path.
Maybe your AV or WIndows rights management does not like that part.
Try to run the executable as Administraror and see if helps.
If I get notice from my AV I get rid of what caused it.It's been deleted.Better to be safe.

Hiede
 
Back
Top