• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

[cfs2autocoast] Test team bug reports

What we deal with now are LWM polygons that do not quite fill an area. The fix for that is to use a Fill in those area's

I suppose what I'm really saying is that - unless we zoom in on areas that appear at the first view to be complete - we may have small gaps in the water fills. If folks are checking for stuff like this anyway, then no problem. Worst case, people spot a gap and mention it. Hardly the end of the world.

Thanks for the reminder about altitude. Can't swear that I've avoided this problem either even if I haven't noticed it.

ASIA and AFRI are up for grabs....

Happy to carry on with Asia - or do both - if that helps.

Cheers
BuV

I'm reworking Ocen with the new program. I have finished Aust and will be reworking Same.

Ocen has "lines" of unnecessary watermasking in every FS9 HP BGL. Slow going to delete these artifacts. Occasionally there are errant VTP lines as well. I'm trying to keep editing of the fills to a minimum.

2 weeks and I hope to have them done with polys and fills of water, and cell "background" of land. Then I can go after Africa if it is still open.

Dick

Occasionally there are errant VTP lines as well. I'm trying to keep editing of the fills to a minimum.

One thing I've spotted - two occasions in a (relatively) small number of cells I've tested so far - is a failure to completely draw a coastline. Even though these render in FS9 (with some odd results) they fail to compile in cfs2autocoast (surprise!) and so obviously need editing.

For the record, I'm doing an out-of-the-box conversion as well for Version 1 (although there's already a couple of areas I'd now love to customise with SBuilder as a training exercise. Next version.)

Then I can go after Africa if it is still open.

Fine with me Dick - but I'm happy to help if you get there first.

Cheers
Ian

Polygons mandatory?

Sander

I've run into a problem regarding inland desert areas in Asia (e.g. Iraq) that have no corresponding LWM files (HP, HL) in FS9 and therefore no polygons. The tool is refusing to compile the SBX file.

I can obviously post the error report if that would be more helpful.

Cheers
Ian

Sander

I've run into a problem regarding inland desert areas in Asia (e.g. Iraq) that have no corresponding LWM files (HP, HL) in FS9 and therefore no polygons. The tool is refusing to compile the SBX file.

I can obviously post the error report if that would be more helpful.

Cheers
Ian
That's interesting; I have to admit I did not test that scenario; I did test "LWM/no lines" but not the other way around! (If you want to work around the issue -as it may be a while before I get around to bug fixing- I'm sure it will work to create a tiny LWM LAND polygon somewhere in the LOD8)

Problem

More of a Windows issue I suspect but . . .

For some reason cfs2autocoast no longer displays the command box when it loads. No matter how I access it - by dragging/dropping a file or by opening the program directly - it immediately pins itself to the Task Bar. I can't expand the icon and using Task Manager to switch to it doesn't work either. I've tried a fresh install but no joy.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Am beavering away with Sbuilder in the mean time.

Cheers
Ian

More of a Windows issue I suspect but . . .

For some reason cfs2autocoast no longer displays the command box when it loads. No matter how I access it - by dragging/dropping a file or by opening the program directly - it immediately pins itself to the Task Bar. I can't expand the icon and using Task Manager to switch to it doesn't work either. I've tried a fresh install but no joy.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Am beavering away with Sbuilder in the mean time.

Cheers
Ian
I'm not exactly sure what you mean; command box? You mean the main window, where you do all the settings etc.? What version of Windows are you using? I suspect you need to clear out old settings files, but on various windows versions they are in different places.
Edit: did you EVER run the latest version successfully?
Edit: I can confirm there is a regression in the latest version that there is no context menu on the Task Bar icon... I'll need to investigate that. The .NET programmers here at my work place have no idea how that happened (or how to get it back), but it is likely to do with all the code cleanup I did....

I'm not exactly sure what you mean; command box? You mean the main window, where you do all the settings etc.? What version of Windows are you using? I suspect you need to clear out old settings files, but on various windows versions they are in different places

Sorry if I was unclear - but yes, I mean the main window with all the settings. (When the icon is pinned to the Task Bar, all I can see when I hover the mouse over it are 'File' and 'Edit' - which may be the two top commands if I remember correctly?). When the tool is launched I can see the main window for a fraction of a second before it reduces to an icon on the Task Bar.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1.

Edit: did you EVER run the latest version successfully?

Yes I have - very happily since you issued it and I was using it last night when the problem occurred. One minute it worked fine and the next it was fixed to the Task Bar.

Cheers
Ian

Sorry if I was unclear - but yes, I mean the main window with all the settings. (When the icon is pinned to the Task Bar, all I can see when I hover the mouse over it are 'File' and 'Edit' - which may be the two top commands if I remember correctly?). When the tool is launched I can see the main window for a fraction of a second before it reduces to an icon on the Task Bar.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1.

Yes I have - very happily since you issued it and I was using it last night when the problem occurred. One minute it worked fine and the next it was fixed to the Task Bar.

Cheers
Ian
Can you delete the following folder from your computer (you must change the folder settings in Explorer to show hidden files):
C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\SdC_Designshop
and then try again?

I've completed Ocean, Aust and Same. Oceana was miserable... bad data, extra LWM lines, empty BGLs...

Now I seem to have many Area16n flattens that are not right. I'll go through the files and look at them visually. But it will be quite time consuming.

Dick

I'm slogging away with Asia and figure on another couple of weeks to finish, as long as there are no interruptions. Since it's such a huge area I'm also organising the 4,000+ files (before you strip out the stuff we don't need) as I go along and taking a snapshot of each cell with LOD5_Image to help orientate myself. Makes it a bit slower but I hope it will help if/when I revisit any of the areas.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian.

I'll start Afri then... we.ll probably end up around the same time. then we can coordinate with Sander for whatever is left over.

Save your SBX files, as we probably should have them in the repository saved in a 'FS9_SBX' folder. We can then use them for any corrections users feed back to us.

Dick

That's great progress guys.
So what do you think of the current version? If there is anything you'd like to see different or added, now is the time to speak up!
I'm probably going to finish up the code this week for the release version.

Dick, what's the problem with the A16N's?

Hi Sander.

I think the A16ns are just doing what the SBX tells them... I suspect the original FS9 polys are the problem. There wasn't much error checking in the production process.

Dick

If you have the time, Sander, I would love a fix for the 'no polygons-no compile' issue. I'm putting any - thankfully few - problem cells to one side for the moment.

I did try your work around but finished up with a cell otherwise full of water. My very limited knowledge of SBuilder is to blame I'm sure. My next job is to spend a week really working with it for the future. I know satellite data for the higher latitudes is a bit problematic but I wonder if that explains why entire islands off the north coast of Russia are missing in FS9. It certainly doesn't explain why large inland lakes are missing (they can't all be 'recent' additions to the landscape, surely?).

Anyway, first things first. Have had a couple of productive days so far this week - my boredom threshold for the mechanical process is getting higher as I become even more familiar with it.

Cheers
Ian

Hi all.

I have Afri done, as well as Aust and Ocen. I have some time to do other areas if anyone can suggest one that is open. I am saving the SBX files as well as the BGLs.

For areas that have no water polys, I save the SBX files in a separate folder and batch process tham after I adjust the CFS2Autocoast parameters to NOT process the lwm files.

View attachment 93776

I remembered an interesting program by Masakazu Irie. It's the DPCle11 program that edits our old A16n flattens. You can import the BGL, add a background map, etc... the interface is a bit different, but reading the instructions allows you to edit and save a flatten BGL. Works with our flattens. :)

View attachment 93775

And Sander, what do you think about parsing out the 32x32, 16x16, and 8x8 area flattens? Flattens do have a bit of a drain on the CPU, and the mesh should take care of these ocean areas.

Dick

Asia done - more or less

Finally, I can see the end of the tunnel. Asia is done but with a few issues.

1. I'm not clever enough to batch process the 'dry' cells like Dick. I did try to run them through individually with the 'fill poly's' option unticked; worked on the first one and then failed again afterwards. I'll try to find the trick.
2. I've had several instances when the landclass bgl has failed to compile. Since nobody else has mentioned this I think I'm making a mistake somewhere and will start again from scratch with the culprit cells and see what happens.
3. I have a few cells where I need fix gaps in coastlines.

Otherwise (ha!) I'm done.

Cheers
Ian

Landclass file errors

Hi Sander

I've just reworked the first of these eight failures with the same result: the lc bgl fails to compile. Given that the cell has no complications and required no editing I'm not going to check the others. Maybe you can see my mistake.

I'm attaching all the reports.

View attachment 93930

Cheers
Ian

Back