• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

[cfs2autocoast] Test team bug reports

Hi Sander

I've just reworked the first of these eight failures with the same result: the lc bgl fails to compile. Given that the cell has no complications and required no editing I'm not going to check the others. Maybe you can see my mistake.

I'm attaching all the reports.

View attachment 93930

Cheers
Ian
I think the folder names are too long; in each instance the folder path (c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\installs\cfs2 addons\sdc cfs2\xx my scenery_workings\asia\1_done\980250 tuguegarao cit) is truncated to 128 characters. Please try to compile the SBX's from another folder (not as deep in the folder structure).

Edit: note, the path is truncated by the Microsoft tmf tools, not by cfs2autocoast.

Hi Sander.

I've narrowed down the flatten errors I'm seeing. They are caused by the routine that creates flattens from the LWM areafills. I'm attaching a zip file that shows the errors.

View attachment 93788

Dick
Indeed, that looks very messy.
Very annoying; the A16NCreator function is pretty much the last of the old code from the first version that is still used.... I was hoping I wouldn't have to revise it; if it ain't broke, don't fix type of thing. Now it's been made blatantly obvious; it must be done.
But thanks for reporting it, obviously.

About skipping x32-x4 fills; I'd rather keep them in (as long as correctly implemented). There are occasions where there are islands in the open sea in the real world that are in SRTM data, but not in the FS9 world. And the CPU/GPU are not that highly loaded in the open sea anyway without much VTP, land class and mesh to process.

Hi all.

I have Afri done, as well as Aust and Ocen. I have some time to do other areas if anyone can suggest one that is open. I am saving the SBX files as well as the BGLs.
NAMC, NAME and EURE are still up for grabs AFAIK

For areas that have no water polys, I save the SBX files in a separate folder and batch process tham after I adjust the CFS2Autocoast parameters to NOT process the lwm files.

I remembered an interesting program by Masakazu Irie. It's the DPCle11 program that edits our old A16n flattens. You can import the BGL, add a background map, etc... the interface is a bit different, but reading the instructions allows you to edit and save a flatten BGL. Works with our flattens. :)

Interesting little program!

I think the folder names are too long; in each instance the folder path (c:\program files (x86)\microsoft games\installs\cfs2 addons\sdc cfs2\xx my scenery_workings\asia\1_done\980250 tuguegarao cit) is truncated to 128 characters. Please try to compile the SBX's from another folder (not as deep in the folder structure).

Edit: note, the path is truncated by the Microsoft tmf tools, not by cfs2autocoast.

Thanks, Sander - I'll give it a try.

NAMC, NAME and EURE are still up for grabs AFAIK.

I'm happy to do EURE.

Cheers
Ian

Just to confirm this was the problem - now solved. Thanks again.

Cheers
Ian

EurE Done - pretty much

Have just finished EurE, except for a couple of cells with incomplete coastlines.

One hassle was the difficulty of doing this kind of filling/editing in the extreme northern cells. SBuilder won't allow you to scroll beyond the northern limit and zooming in loses sight of the northern limits of the cell. Had to do some editing from a 'distance' that meant I couldn't really see what I was doing. No big deal - I hope - since these areas aren't likely to have any visitors.

Cheers
Ian

One hassle was the difficulty of doing this kind of filling/editing in the extreme northern cells. SBuilder won't allow you to scroll beyond the northern limit and zooming in loses sight of the northern limits of the cell.

Yes. Same problem with NAMC. I'll start NAME this weekend, then we can sort out where we're at.

Dick

I have a few odd files to fix this weekend, then I should have NAME done... and that should just about bring us up to date. We might need to wait for Sander to fix the Area16n generation before we can release the bgls, but the SBX files should be good to go.

Dick

Polygon prblem

I am trying - and failing - to fix the 'no polygon' Cells in Asia and would be grateful for any tips.

If I create a tiny polygon - at maximum zoom in SBuilder - I still end up with a bottomless pit in the sim, presumably because I've set no altitiude.

I know this isn't an SBuilder forum but I'm struggling to understand how SBuilder handles this since it seems to imply you have to determine the altitude of every polygon you draw before you start a project. I'm assuming that the conversion work we're doing takes the altitude info from the original FS9 files (but then I don't understand how the bgls seem to be reconciling themselves with Dick's mesh - unless they're both derived from similar sources).

I suspect the gurus will be rolling their eyes at my ignorance but hey - if you don't ask, you never learn, right?

Of course, if there is a really simple trick to solving the immediate problem even better.

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian.

For SBX files that have no water, I first alter the settings in cfs2autocoast:

This produces a set of BGLs with no elevation. An Area16n is made, but with no polys. There is no lwm BGL made.

Alternately, you could make a land poly, and leave the settings alone. When the files are made, discard the 9?????_a16n.BGL, which gets rid of the elevation.

Dick

Thank you, Dick!

I followed the first suggestion after realising that I'd been trying to do it by deselecting 'process polygons' and not LWMs. Doh.

Cheers
Ian

This might be a good time for a check-in, to see where we are at. Also, we can get 7GB file storage at Microsoft's Skydrive, and I now find files are hot-linkable... just an idea.

I have Ocen, Aust, Same, Name, Namc, and Afri done.

We still have issues with the Area16N files until Sander gives a rewrite... the problem is with the bounds of the area fills. Polygon flattens are OK.

Dick

I can add EurE and Asia to the mix.

I have taken my first steps with SBuilder to edit/create some missing or incomplete coastlines & islands - at least well enough for the cells to compile successfully.

I'm trying to swot up on texture types and mapping via the various SDKs - but this is new territory for me. Like you said earlier, having regional texture sets would help get the best out of the new landscape.

Cheers
Ian

BnV et al

I made this equivalence chart from the landclass screen in Russell Dirk's EZ Landclass to help me decypher the deployment & use of the "h" landclass values. I arrived at the values by a series of trial & error. Used in conjunction with Pen32win & Sander's illustrated guides to "H" & "b" landclass values it may be of some limited help here.

BnV et al

I made this equivalence chart from the landclass screen in Russell Dirk's EZ Landclass to help me decypher the deployment & use of the "h" landclass values. I arrived at the values by a series of trial & error. Used in conjunction with Pen32win & Sander's illustrated guides to "H" & "b" landclass values it may be of some limited help here.

Many thanks, Unc. Right now I'll take all the help I can get!

Cheers
Ian

Hi all,
So...
the final bug @rhumbaflappy reported has finally been fixed.
That was caused by a weird "correction" in a coordinate set in the Flatten SCASM, I can't explain why it was there, but that took me all of an hour to find and remove.
I guess the tool is coming out of Beta soon.

1722536601318.png

1722536371983.png

Back