• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Convair CV-580

FWIW, I think in today’s flightsim world, there are far less repainters who would be interested in working on this release than there were even five years ago. As such, I would favour breaking the mega pack down into a few more specific model releases, which of course would give you more room to provide repaints yourself . . . which is of course asking you to do much more work, after you are giving us so much in this package . . .

Great work, can't wait! Like Calclassic if a simmer want's to go "retro" there are more passenger repaints and there is such cool vintage sceneries at Calclassic that for one's personal use with a little knowledge and time can be updated to P3D up to V4.5 and the FSX's used in P3D 1,2,3. I found in the past that there are also retro flight schedules that can be obtained for free like for Delta Airlines from the 60's. Delta has a super site and very nice and helpful dosents at their museum. Here is a link to all the Convair CV's and variants that have flown this bird all over the world:

https://www.skytamer.com/Convair_CV-580.html

Last edited:
Here is a screenshot of the CV580 converted Calclassic in P3D V4.5 with the TextInfoGauge stock installed according to the simple instructions in the pdf. I am going to tweak it now that I know it works in P3D not just FSX. Being an xml gauge it should work in ALL versions of P3D IMO. This gauge is how Manfred Jahn created HIS in the C-47 Dakota according to MJ (Not Michael Jordan LOL). Not being any more gauge savvy probably than Scorch00 claimed above, I spent the last hour or so trying to modify this following the 12 pages of the 70 page pdf that comes with the gauge about how to resize it with no luck so as far as I AM CONCERNED, I like it and am going to use it right where it pops up. What I DID modify was the panel cfg. I swapped out the MINIPANEL which I never use anyway with this by cut and paste so that I can use [SHIFT 5] to make it a popup because there is no [SHIFT 13] because this would have been gauge 12. So it works for me. It is a really easy install if you install it as directed in the manual.
CV580 at KPTK with TextInfoGauge.png

Last edited:
Here is a screenshot of the CV580 converted Calclassic in P3D V4.5 with the TextInfoGauge stock installed according to the simple instructions in the pdf. I am going to tweak it now that I know it works in P3D not just FSX. Being an xml gauge it should work in ALL versions of P3D IMO. This gauge is how Manfred Jahn created HIS in the C-47 Dakota according to MJ (Not Michael Jordan LOL). Not being any more gauge savvy probably than Scorch00 claimed above, I spent the last hour or so trying to modify this following the 12 pages of the 70 page pdf that comes with the gauge about how to resize it with no luck so as far as I AM CONCERNED, I like it and am going to use it right where it pops up. What I DID modify was the panel cfg. I swapped out the MINIPANEL which I never use anyway with this by cut and paste so that I can use [SHIFT 5] to make it a popup because there is no [SHIFT 13] because this would have been gauge 12. So it works for me. It is a really easy install if you install it as directed in the manual.
View attachment 156164
That is a great find. If that panel or one very similar to the C-47 i.e. can start engines, control flaps etc. I have a squeaky brake sound that I could add to it later on. I know the C-47 has one too.

Last edited:
Back