• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade

Hi again
The airplane flies very well and the consul lighting is of very little consequence - in fact most of the individual components of the center consul are illuminated when selected from the icons available at the display lower left.
Again - great work! - one of the best flying freeware machines for me in Prepar3d - in fact on a par with the one or two payware airplanes I own.
Thanks!
Warren (aspen31)

Good news: The panels do accept night versions.
Bad news: Someone has to create night lighted versions of the panel bitmaps as this is prone to become an extremely disgusting image manipulation task which I just don't want to do.

- Edit:
Oh god no, this seems to be even more complex than I thought!

Sorry guys, I'm hanging on by a thread here and simply don't want to deal with stupid BS like the idiotic night lighting system ACES implemented into FSX. Especially since other problems with injected parts are popping up. If you can't live without panel lights, throw the converted models away and use the originals.

Back to marginally better working aircraft...

A haircut, shower and "one more try" later.

Proper conversions will be done tomorrow.

Attachments

• NL.jpg
    NL.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 155
The new revision is up, fixing the missing lightmaps (interior and exterior) and small visual anomalies on the 475, 510 and 510ED models.

The download link remains the same. Make sure to install the converted lightmaps when upgrading.

I found out why the pedestal and any other injected part in the VC is shaded darker than the rest. Since this does require a bit of .x file editing and reapplying the lightmaps to each and every VC model, this will take a bit of time.

Bjoern
Thanks for all of your efforts. The machine flies well - lighting or not and I'm sure if any of the old beasts are still operating anywhere they are doing so with many glitches.
All the best.
Warren

My workflow was better than anticipated, so I've uploaded the fixed interior model files. I've also added spec map functionality (using the diffuse textures) to the 500 series VCs to bring them in line with the short body cockpits and added night textures to the wings in the VC.

The download link is, as always, the same as in post #1.

Upgrade by replacing all "[model]_Int.mdl" files with the new ones.

See the pics for a comparison. Left the old pedestal and other bits, right the new ones.

Btw: Anyone may give the guys at CBFSim a shout, in case they don't lurk here. I bet they'd be interested in any upgrade, too.

Attachments

• NL2.jpg
    NL2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 12
  • NL3.jpg
    NL3.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 5
Does anyone have a proper paintkit for the 1-11s?
The one on DM's site is for an older model version with a different texture layout and also requires assembly.

I might be wrong Bjoern but I think that one is the only one ever released. Not something you can jump into and start painting is it:dizzy:

ATB
DaveB:)

I've rolled out another update.

Highlights:

- Recoded fuel system

- Autosave for all custom variables

- Fixed specularity in 500 and 510ED series cockpits

- Much more realistic spool curves for the engine

- APU and avionics fan sounds

Download, as usual here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K_xiE2GqmMRzZ3UEFCemw5aDg/view?usp=sharing

Save for all aircraft.cfg files and the sound.cfg from the new folder, I think you can safely overwrite any old files during installation.
Or edit your old aircraft.cfgs. Changed lines (with their new values) are: "fuel_flow_gain= 1.0" and "number_of_tank_selectors=2".

I might be wrong Bjoern but I think that one is the only one ever released. Not something you can jump into and start painting is it
dizzy.gif

Makes me wonder how Garry managed to paint so many liveries with it then.

I've assembled Dave's paintkit as distributed by him and organized it as actually used by the model files. The files are shipped with today's upgrade package (see previous post) in xcf (Gimp) and psd (Photoshop) format. With a bit of careful image filter application, I think it might even be possible to simply double the resolution of each texture and thus paint higher quality liveries.

I've rolled out another update.

Makes me wonder how Garry managed to paint so many liveries with it then.

I did 2 paints 4 years ago ...long enough ago I can't remember how much pain it was... but from the WIPs it looks like I reverse engineered existing paints rather than compiling the paintkit into multi-layers....though these days that'd be my plan of attack as it would definitely be the easier way...;)

2 'fakes' ...a 'contemporary' RAAF one...and likewise a Qantas one...;)

See my edited post. You can now paint away, but probably might want to increase resolution first.

P.S:
What's with the constant use of winking smileys?

See my edited post. You can now paint away, but probably might want to increase resolution first.

P.S:
What's with the constant use of winking smileys?

Ah...that wasn't there on my previous post....shall have a look...

The ;) I always use is force of habit....when you're a site Admin for 6.5 million users you try not to come across as "that fascist bastard admin of Wincustomize.com" [I was famous once...in Wikipedia], so a smiley lightens the tone ...;)

The ;) I always use is force of habit....when you're a site Admin for 6.5 million users you try not to come across as "that fascist bastard admin of Wincustomize.com" [I was famous once...in Wikipedia], so a smiley lightens the tone ...;)

The tone here is as light as helium - except when it comes to Carenado aircraft maybe.
But before I continue to carefully convince you to leave your finger off the Shift, ";" and ")" keys after every sentence, I'll just have adblock block the smiley. Problem solved; energy saved.
(Nothing personal, I just find it overdone.) :ernaehrung004:

The tone here is as light as helium - except when it comes to Carenado aircraft maybe.
But before I continue to carefully convince you to leave your finger off the Shift, ";" and ")" keys after every sentence, I'll just have adblock block the smiley. Problem solved; energy saved.
(Nothing personal, I just find it overdone.) :ernaehrung004:

What about me? Now I gotta put up with the clinking of beer steins ....:a1310:

Back