• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade

Ah...that wasn't there on my previous post....shall have a look...

The ;) I always use is force of habit....when you're a site Admin for 6.5 million users you try not to come across as "that fascist bastard admin of Wincustomize.com" [I was famous once...in Wikipedia], so a smiley lightens the tone ...;)

I always thought that was 'Frog Boy'................:encouragement:

I always thought that was 'Frog Boy'................:encouragement:
Nah....Brad's been relatively 'hands off' from Wincustomize for the last 10 years or so. These days you're more likely to find him on Stardock's Gaming Forums [which are cross-linked to the WC ones anyway]... <---- Note....no smiley, Bjoern ...;)

Nah....Brad's been relatively 'hands off' from Wincustomize for the last 10 years or so. These days you're more likely to find him on Stardock's Gaming Forums [which are cross-linked to the WC ones anyway]... <---- Note....no smiley, Bjoern ...;)

No smiley indeed. (Thanks, Adblock!)

Hi all
The newest iteration of this great airplane seems to be working very well. Don't believe that this is an issue related specifically to the airplane but I have noticed that occasionally in Prepar3D neither of the landing or taxi lights illuminate the ramp but do illuminate the runway - at least with some add-on airport scenery. Just wondering if anyone else may of experienced this?
Thanks
Warren (aspen31)

The most recent version of P3D v3 reportedly has some issue with ground polys in custom sceneries. Or the scenery developer put the ground poly a few millimeters above the actual ground, essentially covering the default light splashes.

Small public service announcement: If you do not wish to store any shared textures for the 1-11 in FSX\Texture, create a texture.cfg with the following content and add it to every repaint:
Code:
[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\DMFS Shared Files\Texture

The create a "Texture" folder in "DMFS Shared Files" and copy the following textures into it:
Code:
111ENG_L.dds
111EXTRA_L.dds
111FUSE_1_L.dds
111FUSE_2_L.dds
111FUSE_3_L.dds
111FUSE_4_L.dds
111Tail_L_L.dds
111Tail_R_L.dds
111WING_BL_L.dds
111WING_BR_L.dds
111WING_TL_L.dds
111WING_TR_L.dds
DM111VCPANEL1_L.dds
DM111VCPANEL2_L.dds
DM111VCPANEL3_L.dds
DM111VCPANELC_L.dds
DM111VCPANELO_L.dds
DM510VCPANEL1_L.dds
DM510VCPANEL2_L.dds
DM510VCPANEL3_L.dds
DM510VCPANELC_L.dds
DM510VCPANELO_L.dds
DM_1-11_VC_1.dds
DM_1-11_VC_1_L.dds
DM_1-11_VC_2.dds
DM_1-11_VC_B1.dds
DM_1-11_VC_B4.dds
DM_1-11_VC_FLOOR.dds
DM_1-11_VC_S1.dds
DM_1-11_VC_S2.dds
DM_1-11_VC_SEAT.dds

Note: The light maps for the exterior models are only present for contingency reasons because I've encountered some paints that did not contain any.

Hi all
This is probably a question for Bjoern. I've noticed that I seem to be missing some textures from the VC of the 1-11. All the panels are present but such things as the window posts, side panels and areas around the panel itself are black suggesting that something is missing. Any guidance about where I can find the missing texture files (if available) would be appreciated.
Thanks
Warren

Hi, you can get the VC textures from David Maltby's BAC 1-11 Downloads page HERE

Grab the 111_PANEL_20061031.zip You'll have to point the .exe to a folder of your choice then lo and behold find the VC textures in the Texture folder.

Paste these into your 1-11 Texture folder and you'll have lovely smart VC ;-)

Hope this helps!

Dave.

Bjoern - very nice effort. This is a very nice model and an interesting aeroplane for its time. I had been revisiting the 475 model when I came across this post. A big thanks for me because until you did this work I had never been able to get the 200/400 series to work in FSX and now they do, just great. I will provide feedback later just for your interest. I always thought the DB model was great and the VC for its period outstanding really. I found the performance as I would expect but like all these era aeroplanes you have to work at all the systems.

I found this out today with a Broome WA takeoff with the OAT greater than 35 degrees. You have to use reduced power because the engines overheat in the turbine section and they require a hell of a lot of runway (it can be done but in real life would be a white knuckle illegal take off) and their climb performance until they get into cooler altitudes is terrible but then again thats how it was in real life, they had terrible hot and high performance which is why tropical and hot areas operators shunned them they were fine in cooler places like Europe and North America. I can recall a RAAF sitting on the ground at Broome for 12 hours till after midnight one day as it was too hot and they could not get off and had to wait until the temperature dropped below 30 degrees C.

Look forward to having some fun with this and will now set to work on a RAAF paint for it. Great work thanks.

Glad you're having fun with the model!

It might just tell you something about a harsh environment when even water injection won't help you. :biggrin-new:

JAFO did you do a repaint of the BAC-111? I had a go at doing the RAAF VIP fleet and using a combination of textures from a variety of the others came up with a passable effort - including the kangaroo roundels but two problems defy my at the moment:

1. How do you get the right side lettering to display correctly? Tail and fuselage. If I do it as per the other textures the lettering is reversed, if I reverse the lettering it turns into rubbish but only on the right side. left is great.

2. The flag colours on the tail have defied me completely - any ideas appreciated.

Other than that not to hard to work with.

This is one of my favourite jets, it is a delight to fly and this is still one of the outstanding freeware works ever and as good as some very expensive payware jobs.

Uploaded a revised package yesterday that restores the engine smoke (see first post for download link). Apparently spamming "SMOKE_ON" as in the original XML code wasn't a viable solution anymore in FSX(SE).

BAC 1-11 Video for those interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2-G5IWcm9E

Came across this old video the other day by accident (I was looking at something else unrelated). Anyhow it is an excellent cockpit view of the BAC 111 conducting a flight from Stansted in London to Dublin, it runs for about an hour and twenty minutes, from pre-flight to arrival from the crew perspective with good closeup shots of instrumentation and readings at various stages of the flight, in short a little tutorial on flying the BAC 111.

It just confirmed for me how good the Maltby BAC 111 is, I give it ten out of ten with the additional mods to make it work well in FSX just amazing. The other thing is even though the BAC 1-11 was very noisy outside how quiet the cockpit is.

After a very long time I re-installed 1-11 to my FSX. Old love never dies...

But, what the problem with the tires might be? See the shot below.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1-11.jpg
    1-11.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 451
Hi all
This aircraft continues to operate well for me in P3D V3.4. The only thing I still can't confirm is engine smoke from this beast. I believe I have the latest updates - everything else functions properly. Wondering if there is something specific I can check. I use the latest version of DirectX which I believe to be 12.
Thanks
Warren (aspen31)

No support for P3Dv3 onward from me as it breaks backward compatibility more and more with each update.

Back