• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade

Bjoern
Thanks just the same. I thought the smoke worked earlier but I guess the update to 3.4 effected it. Everything else seems fine - in fact your 1-11 is the best jet airplane I have in 3.4.
All the best.
Warren

Just downloaded this as I really have missed this but where are all the textures?.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot (153).jpg
    Screenshot (153).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 463
Just downloaded this as I really have missed this but where are all the textures?

Tom,
You'll still need to download and install the base package(s) from David Maltby's site (http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/bac_1-11.htm) to get all the textures, etc. Install DM's packs first then install Bjoern's upgrades. Be sure to check the readme in the FSX upgrade as there are a few other steps to ensure everything is in its correct place.

Good luck.

Thanks for this Bjoern.. Its an awesome gift ( and I just now saw the thread to download it ).. Too bad you have no love for DM's Comet's. He did an incredible job on them ( still fly them in fsx ).. Would love to see them updated.. Oh well.. :)..

JAFO did you do a repaint of the BAC-111? I had a go at doing the RAAF VIP fleet and using a combination of textures from a variety of the others came up with a passable effort - including the kangaroo roundels but two problems defy my at the moment:

1. How do you get the right side lettering to display correctly? Tail and fuselage. If I do it as per the other textures the lettering is reversed, if I reverse the lettering it turns into rubbish but only on the right side. left is great.

2. The flag colours on the tail have defied me completely - any ideas appreciated.

Other than that not to hard to work with.

This is one of my favourite jets, it is a delight to fly and this is still one of the outstanding freeware works ever and as good as some very expensive payware jobs.
Speedy and efficient.....only 6 years later...;)

I checked.....did repaints in 2012.....back in the days before I got around to actually using layers...;)

thumbnail.jpg

Sorry for bringing up this seven year old thread.

David Maltby's BAC 1-11 is first freeware add on plane for me that has FANCY cabin pressurization functions. I read many posts saying that the alarm and warning light will go off if a flight simmer does not set proper cabin pressurization functions before take off.

I do not know how to do that. Can you or anyone please be kind enough to show me graphic examples where I am supposed to set safety value to closed and how to set specific number or degree or percent for cabin pressurization or cabin altitude please so that the alarm will not go off. Thanks

Thanks,

Aharon

That's incorrect; The sim does not do that, the aircraft model does.

Simplified models with a pressurized fuselage set it automatically.

an aircraft modeled with a pressurization system that can be manipulated (set by the pilot) normally will not sound or indicate an alarm until passing around 10,000 - 12,500 ft pressure altitude if the system has not been preset previously (not necessarily before takeoff; i.e. maybe some time after takeoff but prior to passing 10,000 or so MSL)

The DM manual(in the documentation folder) for the BAC 1-11 CENTER section shows the gauges and explains how to set the system for desired cruise altitude and cabin rate of climb. Review it and the gauges / switches and try it out. See what you get once you reach cruise altitude, where the cabin altitude should be what you set it for if done correctly.

Depending on the airplane's system, a desired cabin altitude may be set too low for the desired cruise altitude so the desired cabin pressure cannot be held by the system output, and the desired cabin pressure has to be set higher; usually a scale on the cabin altitude setting dial shows the highest cabin altitude achievable. A cabin altitude higher than 10,000 ft is dangerous and illegal; 8000 ft is a good thumb rule for max cabin altitude.

Hope this helps

That's incorrect; The sim does not do that, the aircraft model does.

Mike71,

Great to hear from you!!!! I never said sim did it. I said in my words from orginal post
"David Maltby's BAC 1-11 is first freeware add on plane for me that has FANCY cabin pressurization functions. I read many posts saying that the alarm and warning light will go off if a flight simmer does not set proper cabin pressurization functions before take off."

I think think think you might have confused the two words flight simmer with what you think is the other two words flight sim.

f the system has not been preset previously (not necessarily before takeoff; i.e. maybe some time after takeoff but prior to passing 10,000 or so MSL)

Well unless I am mistaken, the HJG manual for BC 1-11 said it must be set before take off.

The DM manual(in the documentation folder) for the BAC 1-11 CENTER section shows the gauges and explains how to set the system for desired cruise altitude and cabin rate of climb. Review it and the gauges / switches and try it out. See what you get once you reach cruise altitude, where the cabin altitude should be what you set it for if done correctly.nn

Yes you are right about the DM manual but unfortunately, the DM website is gone and I cannot find on the internet the DM manual for BAC 1-11. HJG has manual but unless my eyes need doctor check up. the HJG manual never tells me how to set safety value to closed and how to set specific number or degree or percent for cabin pressurization or cabin altitude please so that the alarm will not go off.

Depending on the airplane's system, a desired cabin altitude may be set too low for the desired cruise altitude so the desired cabin pressure cannot be held by the system output, and the desired cabin pressure has to be set higher; usually a scale on the cabin altitude setting dial shows the highest cabin altitude achievable. A cabin altitude higher than 10,000 ft is dangerous and illegal; 8000 ft is a good thumb rule for max cabin altitude.

I am trying to understand this. No offense to you ha ha ha ha So I have to set the cabin pressurization gauge to 8,000 ft????

Always pleasure to hear from you and I am enjoying your famous DC-4/C-54 package.

Regards,

Aharon

-- I am trying to understand this. No offense to you ha ha ha ha So I have to set the cabin pressurization gauge to 8,000 ft????

Always pleasure to hear from you and I am enjoying your famous DC-4/C-54 package.

Regards,

Aharon
8,000 ft should be good. From a test, the plane will not exceed the 7.5 psi pressure differential limit with the cabin altitude set to 8000 ft at a max cruise limit of FL340.

The safety valve functions to slowly bleed off cabin differential pressure in case the controller fails - the rate of pressure decrease can be controlled by the rate knob. This is an abnormal situation. I believe the RAM air valve is for smoke evacuation etc and possibly to help deflate door seals after landing, but I am not sure.

This might help: use the VC view to see everything, the 2D panel shows only part of the pressurization controls or does not work.

BAC 2-22 VC Lower right.jpg

From the manual:

(make sure the air conditioning / bleed isolation and APU valve systems on the overhead panel are correct; pressurization depends on it; see checklists below):

Cabin Alt to Baro Pressure

Used to regulate cabin altitude (cabin pressure).
The 'A' knob on the left selects the required cabin altitude selectable from -2000 to +9000 ft.
The 'R' knob on the right selects the rate at which cabin altitude is altered (between 150 & 1000 ft/min)
The knob in the middle adjusts the reference poiner at the top. Set it to 'current pressure' in inches of Mercury.

Cabin Altitude

VC only. Shows the current cabin altitude from 0 to 40,000 ft.
Also shows the current pressure differential on the hull in psi 0 to 10 (max 7.5).
The required cabin pressure is set using the 'Cabin Alt to Baro Pressure' gauge above.

Cabin Altitude VSI

VC only. Shows the current rate of change in cabin altitude from 0 to 2,000 ft/min.
The required cabin pressure & rate of change is set using the 'Cabin Alt to Baro Pressure' gauge above.

Air Isolation Valves Open
Air Con Masters Closed
Ram Air Valve Closed
Pressure Safety Valve Open

EXTRACT from checklists:

Starting Check
Battery On
APU Generator Control Trip (APU Gen Off)
APU Start
To start APU:-
Switch 'APU CONTROL' to 'ON'
Check 'FUEL VALVE' reads 'OPEN'
Click 'PUSH TO START'
'START' gulls eye initially reads 'START'
After 35%RPM 'START' goes blank, then displays 'RUN' when at full RPM.
APU Generator Control Reset (APU Gen On)
Voltage, Cycles, Amps Check
Start Lever (HP cocks) Shut
L.P. Valves Open
Transfer Valves/Pumps On
Booster pumps On
APU Air delivery Open
APU Air crossfeed Open
Air Con Masters APU
No smoking signs On
Seatbelt signs On
Emergency Lights Armed
Pitot heat Check & Off
Anti-icing Off
Hydraulic Quantity In green
Hydraulic DC pump Off
Hydraulic Pumps Eng & Aux all On
Aileron & Rudder trim Check & centred
Nav Lights On
Fuel Aboard Check gauges v Flight plan
Parking brakes On
Air Isolation Valves Open
Air Con Masters Closed
Ram Air Valve Closed
Pressure Safety Valve Open
Eng Generator Control Trip both (Engine Gens Off)
Start clearance Obtained from ATC
Beacon On
Engine Top Temp On
Throttles Closed
Start engines Starting 1 2
To start Engines:-
Select 'Start Master' to START.
Click 'Start/Relight' switch to 'START & MOTOR'
Check for both amber ignitor lights & Green shaft rotation light
Start lever will move to OPEN automatically on the model
Start Master Off
Starter switches Off
Eng Generator Control Reset (Engine Gens On)
Bus & Gen Fail lights Check Out
Air Con Masters APU
Anti ice As required
Control surfaces Checked
Clearence for taxi Obtained from ATC
Taxi Check
Hydraulic pumps Aux 1 On, Aux 2 Off
Door warning lights All Out
Parking brakes Off
Flaps / Slats Select for takeoff (18 degrees or 8 if runway length permits)
Pressure Safety Valve Closed
Battery Check on
Speed brakes Checked & zero
Trims Set for takeoff (3 degrees nose up)
Takeoff speeds Checked & set (Click the Speed Reference Chinagraph for speeds)
Flight instruments Checked & set
Reverse Checked lights out
Flaps Set for takeoff
Thrust Index Check Index number (Click top of either Thrust Index gauge to auto set)
Before Takeoff Check
Landing lamps As required
Pitot heater On
Windshield Heat High
Anti-icing As required
Autopilot Off
Transponder Check code
Cabin Pressurization Check (2000 min selected)
Fuel transfer pumps/valves Off & Closed
(draw fuel from wing tanks only)
Start Switches Both Relight
Water Injection On if required
Engine Top Temp On
Takeoff clearence Obtained from ATC
After Takeoff Check
Gear Up, lights out
Flaps Up at 180 kt
Water Injection Off
APU Unless flight time is 1 hour or less
'APU CONTROL' switch to 'OFF'
Start Switches Off
Landing lamps Up & off
Air Con Masters Open
APU Air delivery Closed
APU Air crossfeed Closed
Altimeters Set
Windshield Heat As required
Hydraulic pumps Aux 1 & 2 Off
Fuel transfer pumps/valves On & Open when climb established
Top of Descent Check
Altimeters Check 29.29 in (1013 mbs)
Safety heights Check for descent
Cabin Pressurization Check & set

Last edited:
8,000 ft should be good. From a test, the plane will not exceed the 7.5 psi pressure differential limit with the cabin altitude set to 8000 ft at a max cruise limit of FL340.

View attachment 91806

The 'A' knob on the left selects the required cabin altitude selectable from -2000 to +9000 ft.
The 'R' knob on the right selects the rate at which cabin altitude is altered (between 150 & 1000 ft/min)
The knob in the middle adjusts the reference poiner at the top. Set it to 'current pressure' in inches of Mercury.

Thanks!! That should help me a lot!!!

Hate to bother you again but what ft per minute am I supposed to set for this rate, please?

Regards,

Aharon

Thanks!! That should help me a lot!!!

Hate to bother you again but what ft per minute am I supposed to set for this rate, please?

Regards,

Aharon
Try 500 fpm cabin climb rate; make sure the safety valve switch is in CLOSE (UP) or the climb rate selector will not work. anything more than 1000 fpm cabin climb rate can be uncomfortable for some passengers.
During climb look at the cabin altitude "A" needle stop at 8000 ft, and the pressure differential needle gradually increase as you pass 10,000 MSL, indicating pressurization is working. If not, the failure light will trigger above 10,000 MSL

Thanks for great great great great help, Mike 71!!

Much appreciated!

First time in 15 years of flight simming that I must use fancy functions of cabin pressurization for add on plane!!

Regards,

Aharon

Thanks for great great great great help, Mike 71!!

Much appreciated!

First time in 15 years of flight simming that I must use fancy functions of cabin pressurization for add on plane!!

Regards,

Aharon
Glad you got it under control.

The checklists say to set it up before takeoff, but in reality it can be set / changed in flight. Normally it is prudent to do it by the book, but troubleshooting, etc may dictate otherwise.

The checklists say to set it up before takeoff, but in reality it can be set / changed in flight. Normally it is prudent to do it by the book, but troubleshooting, etc may dictate otherwise.

Understandable. Once again, thanks for your kind help, Mike71

One quick question: Since you are software developer of add on planes and owner of software company whih means I can ask you for opinion, do you think it is illegal and against copyright laws if I ask anyone to send me copy of DM manuals for BAC 1-11 and Trident considering the fact that the DM website is gone and I cannot find such copies on the Internet?

Regards,

Aharon

Understandable. Once again, thanks for your kind help, Mike71

One quick question: Since you are software developer of add on planes and owner of software company whih means I can ask you for opinion, do you think it is illegal and against copyright laws if I ask anyone to send me copy of DM manuals for BAC 1-11 and Trident considering the fact that the DM website is gone and I cannot find such copies on the Internet?

Regards,

Aharon
I am no software developer and am not sure about passing out freeware. However, HJG DOES have the DMS manual with a few additions at https://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/9973/bac-eleven-manual.

If it is hard to read, use CNTR+ to zoom in to the desired level (multiple "+"s can be used).

Everthing he had is there.

am not sure about passing out freeware.

It is against copyright laws to forward or send freeware addon aircraft model bases to others without permission from the inventor BUT I do not know if it is against copyright to do the same thing for instructions or operating manuals.

However, HJG DOES have the DMS manual with a few additions at https://tonymadgehjg.proboards.com/thread/9973/bac-eleven-manual.Everthing he had is there.

Yes HJG has manual on the forums for BAC 1-11 but that is HJG version written by HJG staff members and I think it is missing some important instructions that can be found on David Maltby manuals. For example, the HJG manual does NOT explain how to to set safety value to closed and how to set specific number or degree or percent for cabin pressurization or cabin altitude so that the alarm will not go off. Also HJG manual does not explain at what altitude it should be set for cabin pressurization as well as at what ft per minute should it be set for this rate. Also it does not explain where to find the switches for closing the safety value.

Without you, I would have not figured out how to do the folllowing requirements mentioned above so necessary for operation of BAC 1-11.

Regards,

Aharon

While I tested all gauges and their functions, all work well except the "R" knob for specific gauge mentioned above. While I can see the bubble window telling me the mouse indication for negative or positive for "R" knob, it does NOT tell me the number of feet per minute. I can used "A' knob to set to 8,000 ft but the "R" knob does not tell me number of feet per minute.

Regards,

Aharon

Back