• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread

Hi Gunnar,

Looking great! Was wondering which graphic settings do you use in FSX (willing to share/post you "nvidia profile inspector"?)

Regards,

Marcel

PS
The thumbnail of "Placid Lassie" is still "little_egypt"

Thanks Marcel
The screenshots are from P3D v.4.5. That's why I forgot to remove the old thumbnail. A new thumbnail can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8ize1qcnn6rdcm/thumbnail.jpg?dl=0 The livery will work fine in FSX as well (It is basically made in FSX and copied to P3D when finished)

Gunnar ... what an absolute GEM of a repaint!!! Oozes quality and attention to detail .... a huge THANK YOU!!

c-47-nzni-02-1350.jpg

c-47-nzni-03-1350.jpg

c-47-nzni-04-1350.jpg

Adam.

Last two shots are from my repaint :very_drunk:
ID= Gunnar
6E = Me :engel016:
l
Aha! Well spotted!!!! #1 was from some old/previous session, uploaded by mistake! I really am becoming more like my old father-in-law (R.I.P.) every day, who used to describe himself as "a daft old fart"! He flew C-47s in WWII - towing gliders - and loved them.

Adam.

Spanish C-47

Well, we had a few C-47 or DC-3 in the Ejercito del Aire as well as in Iberia. Here is one of them, I do have the intention to paint more, but Real Life is holding me tight :biggrin-new:

I just uploaded them to the Add-Ons for your enjoyment (should you like them!)
Tell me what you think!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2019-9-21_10-45-35-258.jpg
    2019-9-21_10-45-35-258.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 268
  • 2019-7-28_19-15-15-26.jpg
    2019-7-28_19-15-15-26.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 254
  • 2019-7-28_19-14-23-345.jpg
    2019-7-28_19-14-23-345.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 2019-6-19_18-4-14-459.jpg
    2019-6-19_18-4-14-459.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 255
Super DC-3 Repaint Request Please

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Can any talented livery repainter please be kind enough to paint on Super DC-3 (C-117) this livery as seen on this photo below? Thank you for any consideration any of you might have for this repaint request.

Regards,

Aharon

dc3.jpg

The TransNorthern scheme is basically the Super DC-3 Douglas demonstrator livery. Changes are the text names, relocated and changed registration, and addition of the Alaska State flag on the fin from the existing Demonstrator paint that was done by John Detrick and is on FlightSim https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=174405

Is John Detrick regular member of SOH forums here? Maybe I can ask him to do that?

Regards,

Aharon

The PH-PBA, once USAAF '42-100971' as she looked during Operation Market Garden. She was named 'The Squirrel'.
This historical repaint is inspired by 75th commemoration of the Allied drops into Holland, September 1944.
The chalk number '3' depicts her paradrop mission on Sept. 17th , 1944 into DZ-N south-west of Groesbeek.

Real one:

real.png

Credit to http://www.airbornetroopcarrier.com

Flightsim one:

PHPBA1944K31.png

PHPBA1944K32.png

Download: https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=212246

This is how she looks in P3D:
PHPBA1944K34.png

Enjoy!

Marcel

I dont know if you've seen this already, but it looks like your prayer's have been answer'd

FSX - FSX ProplinersFSX Derby Airways Douglas DC-3
[SIZE=-1][ Download | View ][/SIZE]
Name: derby3.zip
Size: 44,853,181 Date: 09-06-2019 Downloads: 10

derby3.gif

FSX Derby Airways Douglas DC-3. Textures for Manfred Jahn and team C-47 v3.12. Derby Airways textures by Gary Harper.
Yes, thanks Ian...been 'off radar' for a few weeks so missed your post. The repainter Gary Harper kindly took this project on for me using supplied photos etc and did a very good job too. I did thank him when he released it, great paint job too! :adoration:

Has anyone painted this livery as seen below please for FSX use?? If not, can anybody take up on this repaint please?
Hi Aharon, buddy .. did you try posting on NZFF? I could have sworn I saw a post from you *somewhere* asking about "old" C-47/DC-3 liveries ...

I used to try to keep up with all the NZ liveries on my old version of NZFSIM, but it all got too time-consuming to keep updating. *However* ... I can check my old archives to see what I have. I think Doug (at NZFF) also has some of the old ones.

Was it for FSX or P3D you were after?

Adam.

Hi Aharon, buddy .. did you try posting on NZFF?

Not about this Mount Cook liveries

I could have sworn I saw a post from you *somewhere* asking about "old" C-47/DC-3 liveries ....

yes you are right I was asking you about all New Zealand based airlines' liveries and all New Zealand air forces' liveries in your famous website that has now vanished

I used to try to keep up with all the NZ liveries on my old version of NZFSIM, but it all got too time-consuming to keep updating. *

That is not not not problem and it is understandable. Your old NZSIM website was amazing

*However* ... I can check my old archives to see what I have. I think Doug (at NZFF) also has some of the old ones.Was it for FSX or P3D you were after?

I would gratefully appreciate that please and it is for FSX using Manfred Jahn DC-3/C-47 model base version 3.12 or whatever is latest version, please.

Thanks for any assistance you might offer

Regards,

Aharon

Back