• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released

Thank you for sharing your experiences with Windows 10. I was excited when it was first brought to my attention by MS offering the free upgrade. It played on my emotions as a Yorkshire man, free, that's our price range but we are suspicious of new things so I held off. I suspected anyone who grabbed the offer might be an unwitting beta tester and you have confirmed it. I am blown away with your Tigercat and happy with it in Acceleration and Windows 7, eagerly awaiting your F7F-3N. Thank you for all your work with the Tigercat.

This is why I fear updates. With XP I know longer have to worry, but my laptop has Vista and an update to Windows a few months ago introduced a bunch of quirks in how it operates... or often does not operate. And Gman is correct, Windows 10 is not a mature product, it seems to have been released as a beta product and the world's users are now the beta testers.

Oops Gordon, that doesn't sound very good. Sorry to hear you had to do all this extra work on the models and keep my fingers crossed that it will work fine soon.

I share your opinion about Windows and went from version 7 to 10 a few weeks ago. Apart from some minor issues in the beginning it all works fine, although there are a few things which are incompatible. Especially with application/games which ask for a CD.

I use a Nvidea GeForce graphic card as well, and although not supported by any evidence, I have the feeling that there are more issues with running a Nvidea card under Win10 than for instance a Radeon card.

Cheers,
Huub

I ran win 10 beta for the last 5 months on a backup pc, and while it worked alright I saw no real benefit to go there from win7 64 bit. Fsx has never run better for me on 7, and it is very stable. Started about a month ago with a couple of win 10 updates, things had changed a little and decided to give 10 up. I don't use touch screen and I don't want tiles on my screen extolling the virtues of all the things I can by, but the last straw was a tile of mylye cyrus twerrking as a link to her latest videos. Had to reformat to get rid of 10 as there is no way to return to prior operating system. I am back on 7 again on back up system and 7 will remain even after MS no longer gives out updates. I don't see any reason to change os just to have latest when 7 is working so well, have two full install cd's for win 7 so am good to go. Followed the info on removing win upgrades in the win update we get an have program installed to not let them work in the registry. YMMV but for me, win 7 64 bit works to well to be a beta testor for ms.

F7F-1 Tigercat

I installed the F7F-1 Tigercat FSX/P3D in my FSX.

I have a couple questions. I installed the plane today as per the install instructions. For some reason I'm seeing two acft configs. They show as Aircraft and Aircraft.cfg. Which one should I be using?. Maybe both configs should be there. Hmm.

I did fly it. I noticed the sound pack in it, doesn't sound like the one I heard in the short video earlier in this topic, which has a real throaty sound so to speak. Where is/can I get the sound pack, to replace the one I currently have when I installed the plane?. The download didn't give me optional sound packs to choose from?.

THX

George

Last edited:
Bump:

Hang tough Daveroo, the tanker is in the works.

Mr. Shupe was correct, the Windows 10 update has rendered Gmax almost useless. The software has lost many functions and exporting causes numerous crashes. This has slowed my progress tremendously.

The good news:

The F7F-3 is basically ready, with only small details to punch out. The new pilot figure is being fitted to the cockpit and nearing completion.

I've been working intensively on the paint kit which will cover all variants. Each variant is different and requires its own bump maps, spec maps and textures which requires quite a bit of attention.
All of the components are nearly ready for release.

As Mr. Shupe stated, If I can negotiate the Win10 upgrade without further complications we should be looking at a release in a matter of days.

As Mr. Shupe stated, If I can negotiate the Win10 upgrade without further complications we should be looking at a release in a matter of days.[/QUOTE]

Great! Thank you:very_drunk::encouragement:

Thought I'd bump this thread, since hadn't seen anything on this in almost two weeks. any news? :jump:

Thanks for your interest ND.

Gman5250 had to leave his home for a while as he was in a steady stream of smoke from the fires out West for some time making quality of life very substandard.
I'm certain he will pop in when he returns.

The -3 beta has gone well and I believe the issues are now resolved and ready for packaging for release but he had no choice but to bail out for a while.

wow,i hope all is well,we caught the smoke from the "butte" fire and "valley" fire all at once,was so smokey here for about 7 days we couldnt go outside.....theres a garage directly behind me..maybe 25ft,and i couldnt see it for three days...was nasty

Thanks for your interest ND.

Gman5250 had to leave his home for a while as he was in a steady stream of smoke from the fires out West for some time making quality of life very substandard.
I'm certain he will pop in when he returns.

The -3 beta has gone well and I believe the issues are now resolved and ready for packaging for release but he had no choice but to bail out for a while.

Lets do another bump to keep this active. Haven't seen anything from Gman for awhile, so I hope all is well.

Milton explained the situation in the post above yours, I think Gman deserves our sympathy and understanding over his real world difficulties.

Milton explained the situation in the post above yours, I think Gman deserves our sympathy and understanding over his real world difficulties.

Amen to that - hope all is well after fires and W10 (tried it, ditched it). Looking forward to painting this amazing piece of freeware in all sorts of 'what if' guises:encouragement: It's a lot better than many a payware offering!

DaveQ

Milton's post was several days ago, and there was no update on his situation. I am concerned as well, so no need to misread my post.

Thank you all for your posts and concerns. I really appreciate it.

Looks like five years of 100 hour work weeks, eight weeks of intense fire smoke and a few other contributors finally got the best of me. I finally had to leave KMMH to get away from the Rabbit Brush and fire smoke. For about ten days I was extremely toxic and the body did what it does best...it went about flushing out the nasty bits, the hard way.

Upon sound advice, I went out the coast (KMRY) and took the time to re-build myself following the physical crash. After I returned to Crowley Lake, I took another week doing absolutely nothing.

I'm back to full song and working to finalize the F7F-3 and get the entire package out to everyone. This last check ride should shake out the last tiny glitches that may pop up.

Feel free to post up any questions you may have now that I'm able to communicate.

Gman :encouragement:

Back