• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released

and I just uploaded this imaginary paint for the -1 version:

here's a link to the paint.

Just wondering if "Bad Kitty" was still being worked on , didn't see it over at OZ . Love these paints . Another job well done among so many you have painted (All of them)

Rich

I'm providing the base models and paint kit for the Tigercat. My basepak will contain the metal skins and a basic blue paint. Jan Kees has done his usual magic with the F7F-1 and I'm going to leave the custom skins for him and the other painters to tackle.

The one exception is the La Patrona model which will come complete with skin.

22692761771_64452e46d9_h.jpg

22062136583_51224ba1f0_h.jpg

Last edited:
I've sent a pre release package to Mr. Shupe and team to evaluate. While the 10 models are being checked out I'm adding the final touches to the textures.

IMHO the airplane would not be really finished without accurate maintenance stenciling (WIP not complete yet...close).

Shown in restoration polish skin with average flight wear. Prepar3D 3.0 screenshot.
22074366853_b9e04c9ade_h.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic job, Gordon!

Rich, Bad Kitty is meant for the -3 version, so a bit more patience please...

Guys, were do I get the F7F-3 for FSX? Is it out yet?

Not quite yet sir, but we are very close. Final beta shakedown is currently in progress.

I should add that a new pilot figure is under development by a very generous contributor who is working diligently behind the scenes. I've seen the prelims and this figure is going to blow everyone away. The F7F-3 series will most likely be ready before the pilot figure, so I will probably release the Tigercat with it's current pilot(s), then release the subsequent upgrade when it becomes viable.

This has been a team project since it's inception and my most sincere gratitude go out to Mr. Shupe and the rest of the team who contributed so much along the way.

Last edited:
Tanker update:

The tanker is fully functioning in FSX, FSX ST, Prepar3D up to version 3.0. I thought you tanker guys would like a teaser while we finish up the final details and do the last fine tuning.

Screencap: Prepar3Dv3.0
22799194651_15379227ed_h.jpg

Last edited:
Tanker update: The tanker is fully functioning in FSX, FSX ST, Prepar3D 3.0 and lower. I thought you tanker guys would like a teaser while we finish up the final details and do the last fine tuning.Screencap: Prepar3Dv3.0
22799194651_15379227ed_h.jpg
Wow! Is that a new effect for the retardant or the one Milton made?

Wow! Is that a new effect for the retardant or the one Milton made?

These are the same effects that are in Mr. Shupe's Harpoon tanker. There are two that come with the F7F, I prefer this one that is a bit more misty with the clumps at the leading edge.

I was pretty selective about the angle I used to capture this screen, but the bottom line is that P3D 3.0/Win10 and current Nvidia drivers make this kind of effect look extremely good. The same can be said for weather effects...REX TD/Soft Clouds and real volumetric weather by REX, OPUS or ASN for P3D (current updates) are unbelievable in V3.

Sure makes for a nice screen....I may have to start flying tankers more often. :encouragement:

Last edited:
Announcement: F7F-3 Tigercat for FSX, FSX ST and Prepar3D Release Notice

It looks like the F7F-3 aircraft are ready to release. I'll begin packaging and uploading the series, so watch the front page. This is a large package so I've broken it up into individual planes to make the download process simple.

I took a break from models and code today and did a skin for the tanker. This is an example of what you will be able to do with the paint kit I'll be providing with the series. It's a good PK and the model responds well for painters who know their stuff. Sorry to swoop just one Sis Q Flying Service tanker paint...couldn't help it. There's a bunch more and a lot of good research data available for everyone to explore.

Prepar 3D 3.0 | Building Storms weather theme | REX-TD/Soft Clouds
22899134692_b8aeef0e8a_h.jpg

22899134732_b2d376b969_h.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5763/22899134752_85393d385a_h.jpg[/img]

Very cool! A Sis-Q tigercat in TBM Inc. colors that's a nice little shake up. Can't wait wait for it.

I think I might have conflated my resource data....lol, but it does look good.

BTW, if anyone out there has a good copy of the TBM Inc. logo I'd love to have it. Hard one to find.

This is why I love this site, I asked for a logo and had one the following morning. Thanks Tankerguy...

Ask and ye shall receive. I thought this skin would look good as a representation of an aircraft relatively fresh from the paint hangar, over tired and repaired aluminum panels.

22333940384_342fdc9eac_h.jpg

22333940424_75f4af883d_h.jpg

Last edited:
Back