• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released

"Roger, just for curiosity, what airport is that you´re taking off?"

Hi Flavio, it's ORBX Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport.

"Here Kitty Kitty" taking shape!

HKK.jpg

Jan Kees, Ed and everyone...I'll be uploading the new PK today. It will be more detailed than the PK for the FS9 model. If anyone is getting a jump on tanker paints be advised that the FSX/P3D tanker model uses a different UVW map than the FS9 version. I located the belly tank in the fuse front texture sheet, so hold off on that until the PK is out.

I'll be handing the paints off to Jan Kees and the other painters now that the models are available. I'll be looking forward to the new skins and screen shots. :very_drunk:

Update:

I'm doing a couple of final tweaks to the VC for La Patrona, then I'll upload today. The tanker has one glitch in a drop door animation that I need to work out, then the tanker will be ready too.

ah, that was the next on my list! I'll look for something else then!

this one maybe?

Sorry Jan, didn't mean to step on you with the Here Kitty Kitty version. I had done a Hi Res PK for the FS9 version for use in FSX and this was one of the ones I had done. It was easy to pull the layers I needed for the new version.

no worries, Ed!
Actually, I won't be releasing this paint for public consumption. You would do a much more comprehensive job with the PK that Gordon will pass along to you. I'm not a repainter and so just dropping my layers over top of the single layer I have of Gordon's work is all I plan to do. It will lack the appearance of lines and rivets that cut through the nose art and other areas where stencils and decals exist. I won't bother with that and that's something others would insist on. So please do go ahead with a proper rendition of Here Kitty Kitty!

Gordon.

All the FSX Tigercats are great. Thanks for your efforts in updating Milton's work for FSX.

One minor thing I discovered this morning. The fltsim entries for the F7F-3N are pointing to the wrong air fiile. Instead of "sim=f7f-3n", the entries should be "sim=f7f-3" (without the 'n'), unless of course there is another air file floating around. :very_drunk:

Gordon.

All the FSX Tigercats are great. Thanks for your efforts in updating Milton's work for FSX.

One minor thing I discovered this morning. The fltsim entries for the F7F-3N are pointing to the wrong air fiile. Instead of "sim=f7f-3n", the entries should be "sim=f7f-3" (without the 'n'), unless of course there is another air file floating around. :very_drunk:

There was a separate air file for the FS9 version but not sure what Gordon is releasing in that respect though.

Gordon.

I'll have a look at that, it's quite possible that in the numerous file shuffles that have been involved with the various models and revisions I inadvertently misplaced that bit of code. I'll make that edit and post a patch. I'll also patch the F7F-3N file that I uploaded here last night.

Thanks for the HU...

Bump:

I corrected the air file for the F7F-3N and am uploading the patched file to the original location. We're slow today with snow and wind so give the file some time to upload. Once the new file is good I'll bump back in and let everyone know it's OK to re-download the N.

Sorry for the glitch...it was a packaging error...CRS...:dizzy:

Bump:
The F7F-3N file is good to go with the corrected air file included. Go to the download page and re-download the N for the updated version.

Last edited:
Just to make it perfect- the single seat with spinners needs to say 'w/spinners' in the ui_variation and the animations for stick and rudder pedals etc are not working on my system, for just this model! Cheers.

Last edited:
Just to make it perfect- the single seat with spinners needs to say 'w/spinners' in the ui_variation and the animations for stick and rudder pedals etc are not working on my system, for just this model! Cheers.

I'll have a look and bump back here.

Bump:

I made the edit to the ui_variation and corrected the animation issue. The file is uploading now, give it about half an hour and re-download the F7F-3 Metal Single from the original link.

I appreciate the HU. :encouragement:

Bump:

The original download link for the F7F-3 Metal Single is updated and ready for download. :encouragement:

Last edited:
I'll have a look at that, it's quite possible that in the numerous file shuffles that have been involved with the various models and revisions I inadvertently misplaced that bit of code. I'll make that edit and post a patch. I'll also patch the F7F-3N file that I uploaded here last night.

Thanks for the HU...

Bump:

I corrected the air file for the F7F-3N and am uploading the patched file to the original location. We're slow today with snow and wind so give the file some time to upload. Once the new file is good I'll bump back in and let everyone know it's OK to re-download the N.

Sorry for the glitch...it was a packaging error...CRS...:dizzy:

Bump:
The F7F-3N file is good to go with the corrected air file included. Go to the download page and re-download the N for the updated version.

So is it Okay now to re D/L the F7f3N two seat? I re D/L about an hour ago and not sure what to check for in the cfg file.

So is it Okay now to re D/L the F7f3N two seat? I re D/L about an hour ago and not sure what to check for in the cfg file.

Nothing to change in your .cfg file. If your F7F-3N aircraft file has a file named f7f-3n.air in it, you have the corrected download.

Gordon, hope you don't mind the feedback. Everything is outstanding, but I just came across a couple more items to share.

After downloading and installing all the converted Tigercats, and adding additional textures, I finally got around to taking a complete flight from my home airport to Boeing Field. I flew the -3 Tandem model with the "Bad Kitty" texture (thanks, Jankees) and made an ILS landing in real weather. Here is what I noted:

First item noted was using Shift +5. Not sure what it was supposed to show, but all I got was a black box.

Second item noted was the external light switches. It appears that the Nav light switch does nothing. The Landing Light switch, however, not only activates the landing lights, but also the Nav lights. I've owned a couple British sports cars, so I guess the Lucas Electrics has got a short circuit somewhere.

Just thought you'd want to know.

Thanks again for all your efforts.

Back