• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released

Don't know how long you've been on the job but those were frequently my hours for many years. I know what they can do to you, I'm sporting the pacemaker and defib as little souvenirs. We are glad to see you've triumphed over your difficulties and are glad to see you are whole again.

Glad to hear you're feeling better GMAN. Just out of curiosity, do you ever head down to Rainbow Canyon, just north of 190, to watch the fighter jets go screaming through what they refer to as the Jedi Transition? There's some great video on youtube. The F-16's are the fastest, but they don't get down as low as some of those F/A-18s do.

I'll definitely be on the lookout for the FSX native -3 Tigercat in the upcoming weeks.

Don't know how long you've been on the job but those were frequently my hours for many years.....

Me too, except a bout with pneumonia and blood sepsis at the same time, put me out of work for about a year, and put an end to that life style. After 15 years I've work my way back up to a 30 hour work week.....:encouragement:

Tommy

Glad to hear you're feeling better GMAN. Just out of curiosity, do you ever head down to Rainbow Canyon, just north of 190, to watch the fighter jets go screaming through what they refer to as the Jedi Transition? There's some great video on youtube. The F-16's are the fastest, but they don't get down as low as some of those F/A-18s do.

I'll definitely be on the lookout for the FSX native -3 Tigercat in the upcoming weeks.

Real story:

That is one of my favorite rides in springtime, especially if there has been abundant water. A few years ago I was riding cleanup with a group of about 15 bikes. I wear ear plugs, but out of nowhere I heard this huge whoosh. I checked my six, expecting to see a Freightliner filling the mirror, but right at that moment I looked up to see an F/A-18 light the burners and go vertical. This guy must have loved bikers and thought it would be fun to give us a cardiac. I'd put his altitude at 100' AGL when he lit the burners.

Another time I was four-wheeling up in Papoose Flats, about 60 miles north of Rainbow and another F-18 came up over the mountain top, rolled inverted and did a 6G pull back down the other side of the mountain.

We are about 70 miles from Fallon, and about the same from Nellis Test Range, so I get lots of traffic when I head over to the White Mountains.

Right here in Crowley Lake we have the Owens Gorge. It's way too tight for jets, but perfect for something fast and nimble. When I publish my KMMH and KBIH scenery packages you will be able to give it a go.

@ Gordon et al:

has anyone tried to run GMAX in a WinXP VM under Win10? I know that sounds a bit over the top but it would keep certain old applications useable. We scenery designers have a similar problem with SBuilderX 64, which has problems exporting sceneries under native Win10.

Cheers,
Mark

@ Gordon et al:

has anyone tried to run GMAX in a WinXP VM under Win10? I know that sounds a bit over the top but it would keep certain old applications useable. We scenery designers have a similar problem with SBuilderX 64, which has problems exporting sceneries under native Win10.

Cheers,
Mark

I haven't tried that setup, but my number two box that runs my nav and weather is still Win7. I can always fall back to that box for GMAX. SBuilderX 64 seems quirky in Win10 for me too. I get a lot of memory crashes that require I re-boot the program each time I want to work with a specific file. I'm hoping that these glitches will smooth out as MS refines Win 10.

The F7F Tigercat was Gmax when I got the files from Mr. Shupe and I debated converting the models to 3DS Max prior to doing the native conversion. That would have entailed quite a bit of work re-doing animations and other bits, but having dealt with the Win 10/Gmax compatibility issues for a few hundred hours now, I think the 3DS Max route may have proven to be less aggravating.

One thing I'm noticing with my scenery development, specifically buildings, is that Prepar3D seems to have a challenge displaying buildings with two sets of walls. The exterior and interior walls can sometimes flicker as if the walls were superimposed on each other, even if there is adequate space to eliminate the anomaly. I'm actually re-building my hangars and support buildings for KMMH, KRNO and KBIH using 3DS Max. I'm using the actual wall function to build walls that can take an external and internal texture. This cures the anomalies I've had with my Gmax buildings.

I realize that Max is a big investment for many developers, but I made the decision to step up simply to preserve my sanity. lol

F7F-3T Update

I'm still limiting my computer time but the F7F-3 set and Tanker are nearly ready to release. Only some beta tests when the tanker is done.

I thought you all would appreciate some shots of the tanker WIP. She is nearly ready, only some work in the VC and connecting switching for the drops.
I'll release two skins for this model, a metal skin as shown and a non polished base metal skin for ready for paints.

As you can see, she is looking magnificent in P3Dv3.

Prepar3Dv3.0 | OPUS Real Time Weather | Rex4 TD & Soft Clouds | KMMH HD Scenery WIP by Gman5250

22543931232_7e971e9031_h.jpg

22568719041_e50794bf8b_h.jpg

22543936232_f8d1cf0c21_h.jpg

Very pleased to hear that you're on the up Gman. Looking forward and appreciate the coming release . Thank you

so who will step up and do some Sis-q or cal-nat paints for the tanker ?...numbers 61 and 43 are my favs.......i think its 64 and 43 actually...i dont wanna go huntin for pics right now though..lol

so who will step up and do some Sis-q or cal-nat paints for the tanker ?...numbers 61 and 43 are my favs.......i think its 64 and 43 actually...i dont wanna go huntin for pics right now though..lol

I already have TBM Inc, Sis-Q, Cal Nat, and some others ready just waiting for the beautiful model to apply them.

I already have TBM Inc, Sis-Q, Cal Nat, and some others ready just waiting for the beautiful model to apply them.

AWESOME Tankerguy,i had a feeling you would be the one to do these.who better to do it!!..thanks.looking forward to the plane and the paints.:applause::jump:

Back