• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

F7F-1 Tigercat FSX & P3D Native Released

Gman 5250

Awesome GMAN thank you,

Took this beauty out for another spin around my local airport today and decided to point the nose upwards to get above some clouds, as I approached the 10,000 ft level I began to loose engine power for no reason.Throttles were wide open during the climb out.

Made several attempts, have I missed something in the notes ?

Cheers for now

The lights should operate independently via the switches on the lower panel or standard hotkeys. I'm curious, are you running OPUS or EzDok and using custom key assignments, or possibly controller hot keys?

I think Milton is right, the nav and landing lights are tied together in the model. I can't get one without the other no matter where I do it from.

Awesome GMAN thank you,

Took this beauty out for another spin around my local airport today and decided to point the nose upwards to get above some clouds, as I approached the 10,000 ft level I began to loose engine power for no reason.Throttles were wide open during the climb out.

Made several attempts, have I missed something in the notes ?

Cheers for now

The plane is very mixture sensitive. Climbing on full rich will choke the engines shortly after takeoff, especially if your airport is at altitude.

Lean your mixture, listen for RPM to come up then continue to gradually lean her out as you gain altitude. I tend to lean the engines until RPM begins to fall off slightly, then nudge slightly rich. This will become critical once you are above FL20.

The Tigercat has a fantastic rate of climb, but holding high MAP would only be utilized in Emergency War Power conditions. Try to climb at a rate where you are in the yellow bar, around 37 MAP. She will make FL30 fairly easily at these settings, but she does need attention. It makes for interesting flying.

Of course, keep your cowl flaps slightly open during the entire climbout. The Tigercat cooled very efficiently, so you won't need much cowl air flow at a reasonable rate of climb.

Just had a look at this. The nav lights do work on their own when using the panel switches. However.. if you turn them off using the switch then turn the landing lights on (again, using the switch).. a quick check outside shows the nav's have come back on again. This shouldn't really be an issue as you wouldn't put the landing lights on without the nav's being on but the LL's do operate the nav's on the model.

Tested on the runway with wings down:)
ATB
DaveB:)

The plane is very mixture sensitive. Climbing on full rich will choke the engines shortly after takeoff, especially if your airport is at altitude.

Lean your mixture, listen for RPM to come up then continue to lean her out as you gain altitude. I tend to lean the engines until RPM begins to fall off slightly, then nudge slightly rich. This will become critical once you are above FL20. Keep your cowl flaps slightly open during the entire climbout.

I'II give it a try.... what switch do I hit to open the cowl flaps ?

Caught!

F7F-1%252520Tigercat_19_zpsiufxz5o3.jpg

The Tigercat is a phenomenal aerobatic display performer, and a number of the Tigercats flying today have smoke systems installed for airshow aerobatic performances. If you are interested in adding smoke systems to the Tigercat in the sim, add this section to the Aircraft.cfg file, replacing the existing smoke entry (which already comes canceled out). These coordinates have been specifically matched to the model.

[smokesystem]
smoke.0 = 3.822, -9.622, -.102, fx_smoke_w
smoke.1 = 3.822, 9.622, -.102, fx_smoke_w

I saw a Tigercat fly at Oshkosh a couple years ago. It was awesome! So is this brilliant work by Gman, Milton and their team. Allow me to add my thanks to the multitude.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 2015-8-24_22-3-14-428.jpg
    2015-8-24_22-3-14-428.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 3
One of the things I tend to do when doing a manual engine start in FSX (if it is just a straight FSX-coded model), is select the engine (E+1 or E+2), and then press M, selecting the magneto, and holding the + key down, which will both move the magneto switch to 'both', and also will act as the starter after the mag switch is at 'both' - as long as you hold the + key down, the starter will be held on and the engine should ignite as long as electrical power is on and mixture is fed-in.

This keys combination works for me (switches from VC not), thanks a lot!

Brilliant screenshot, which ship would that be?

USS Shangri-La ; ) .

http://simviation.com/1/search?subm...ck+Pilotable+Midway+Aircraft+Carriers&x=0&y=0

"Midway Aircraft Carriers".

F7F-1%20Tigercat_34_zps4jygfye1.jpg~original

This keys combination works for me (switches from VC not), thanks a lot!

Could get neither the keys combination nor the start switches to work. Only Ctrl + E + 1, 2. In other instances this is due to the starter torque not being increased sufficiently from the setting used in the FS9 model to work in FSX, but I have not had time to experiment.

Brilliant screenshot, which ship would that be?

USS Shangri-La ; ) .

You sure about that? That Essex class boat (CV-38) came well after the cv's in the Midway package.

OK - I have been doing the carrier thing for a long time but never thought the arresting wire was actually animated so you could see it engage the hook like it appears here?! Is this something unique to Yanco's carriers? Or has this been P-shopped? Great picture in any case!

Back