• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Falcon 50 in FSX

Did found some time for a new repaint, a "Canadian Forces" fictitious livery based on the real Bombardier Challengers from the Trenton CFB, for you DL... Not ready yet! (red tips missing on wings and tail)... There is room on the no 2 engine for some marking, should I move "Canada" up here?
I think you have one super start on the paint! Looks real good now! I want one when completed...

And what is the policy about publishing repaints? I don't want to disturb anymore the original creators, I was a bit pushy with this fsx panel affair... and these mediocre attempts at repaints are really not in the same category... are they?
As far as a re-paint goes, unless you are doing something stupid, like only changing the numbers and calling it your own, you are creating an original work. As an original work, you have a full copyright of your own, and can distribute it at your discretion without any permission needed.
Because some folks will take issue when you include original, un-modified, textures(for easy installation) it is better to just include a texture.cfg with the fallbacks.

Have a Great Day!...Don

Some CF and Marine Falcon 50 repaints... and why I shoud stick to panels...

Yes, the Canada looks a bit hemmed in over the windows...

After a few updates, the Canadian Force repaint looks like this so far...

View attachment 27420 View attachment 27421

My fictitious French Marine repaint was easier...

View attachment 27422 View attachment 27423

The engines 1 & 3, the wings and the nose cone have this "mirror" effect... So markings are hard or impossible there... A little trick is to use "palindrome" words or numbers like 88 or 101, which can be read in either directions...

After a few updates, the Canadian Force repaint looks like this so far...

View attachment 27420 View attachment 27421

The engines 1 & 3, the wings and the nose cone have this "mirror" effect... So markings are hard or impossible there... A little trick is to use "palindrome" words or numbers like 88 or 101, which can be read in either directions...
Yea, texturing shortcuts were normal back in the old days but with the nearly unlimited resources of FS2004/FSX there's really no reason anymore.

The Canadian bird looks much better with the "Canada" on the intake. Please advise when available.
:ernae:

Awesome! Moving Canada to #2 engine was the wise choice. Looks fantastic, mate and many many thanks!

dl

I want to express my gratitude, and congratulations to vonstroheim for great Job for the Falcon 50, I love this aircraft as well the Falcon 7x which I hope see it soon for FSX... Thanks

I am new here and love it...
Thanks..

Dassault Falcon 50 Canadian Forces repaint close enough

I've uploaded here in the addons library the "Canadian Forces / Forces canadiennes" repaint. It's not exactly similar to the real CF livery, but close enough (no red on wing tips, try yourself and if you get it right, I'll be happy to update the zip file!):
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=39

The model for this repaint is the real Bombarder Challengers from the Trenton CFB. Daniel "delta_lima" sent me the pictures, and I think this canadian repaint was appropriate. After all I live here, and I believe Fred Banting, one of the original creator of the Falcon 50, is a canadian too.

View attachment 27802 View attachment 27803 View attachment 27804

I'm not sure the people from Quebec City are going to like this 2nd picture, but I'll post it anyway, and will assume the terrible consequences...

"Québec City v2.00" scenery by Jean St-Cyr, Gilles Boily, Gilles Gauthier and Jean-Pierre Fillion (O.K.A.D.)

Von - what can I say ... you're awesome!

The paint looks fabulous ... happy with it as is. Great shots too ... brings back memories of taking leave days from CFB Valcartier to visit old Quebec ... :)

Many many thanks!

dl

I've uploaded here in the addons library the "Canadian Forces / Forces canadiennes" repaint. It's not exactly similar to the real CF livery, but close enough (no red on wing tips, try yourself and if you get it right, I'll be happy to update the zip file!):
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=39

The model for this repaint is the real Bombarder Challengers from the Trenton CFB. Daniel "delta_lima" sent me the pictures, and I think this canadian repaint was appropriate. After all I live here, and I believe Fred Banting, one of the original creator of the Falcon 50, is a canadian too.

View attachment 27802 View attachment 27803 View attachment 27804

I'm not sure the people from Quebec City are going to like this 2nd picture, but I'll post it anyway, and will assume the terrible consequences...

"Québec City v2.00" scenery by Jean St-Cyr, Gilles Boily, Gilles Gauthier and Jean-Pierre Fillion (O.K.A.D.)

ISG v1.8 Retrofit

Hello Falcon lovers!

I can attribute the return of my love for the Falcon 50 to this thread, I always enjoyed flying the aircraft and had completely forgotten about her until I stumbled upon this thread.

As a thanks, I'd like to share my retrofit for the 2D, and VC with the ISG v1.8 Gauge Pack.

The aircraft is now VNAV/LNAV capable, includes the EADI/EHSI package... and a Smith's FMS to top it off.

Hope you all enjoy, and thanks to those who made this possible.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?8z5kehtzso065oq

Here are a few photo's...

fw3gr6.jpg

hs9bty.jpg

Socata850

Sorry for this question... but Could you explain to me how to incorporated this file into the aircraft.cfg.." 2. Extract FA50.cfg to your ISG\Aircraft directory found in the main FSX folder.
in your read instruction.. I got the first part but explaint to me this one please and thanks..

aacm

Socata850

Sorry for this question... but Could you explain to me how to incorporated this file into the aircraft.cfg.." 2. Extract FA50.cfg to your ISG\Aircraft directory found in the main FSX folder.
in your read instruction.. I got the first part but explaint to me this one please and thanks..

aacm

Sorry for the late reply, was away for a few days...

The FA50.cfg is a configuration file specific to the Falcon 50's FMS...

You just need to simply put the FA50.cfg file in to the

"ISG\Aircraft" folder

Mine is located as such:

C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ISG\Aircraft

I am Sorry Socata850 I don't have this file I have c:\Program files\microsoft games\microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes..
I can't find what you express ISG\airplane..
Or I missing something here... thanks in advance...

AACM

P.S.
What is ISG

Spotted this over at Simviation.com this morning:

Reworked and Added Views for the Dassault Falcon 50
Original views reworked and additional views ( defined by camera definitions in the aircraft.cfg file ) for the beautiful Dassault Falcon 50. Original FS9 model by Eric Dantès, updated for FSX by Yannick Lavigne, Fred Banting, Rob Young and André "esmdu" and Ludovic "vonstroheim" for the panel. 8 cameras pointing at the aircraft and a total of 5 views in the 3D cockpit. By Marc Renaud.

Thanks Frank

The Lavigne/Banting/Young/Dantes/Vonstroheim Falcon 50 FSX full package v 1.1 appeared recently at Simviation and Avsimrus without my knowledge. It's ok with me because it's a real freeware aircraft and quite an old project. So no need to be offended. On the contrary, it appears more people are enjoying it! It's in the top 3 so far at Simviation...
http://simviation.com/1/download-stats?last=90

At avsimrus they deleted the readme file and the credits (except in the panel.cfg file), that is quite wrong. Maybe I should have provided a russian translation. But I use avsimrus a lot, how can I be really mad at them? I'm in their FSX file library alongside a Tu-154M... cool...
http://www.avsimrus.com/f/fsx-aircrafts-79/

Back