• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Falcon 50 in FSX

The story behind the smoke screen

...smoke is not coming from engine...

Well I'm not too sure how to fix this, but this is an aircraft.cfg issue and it might also be related to a xml gauge in the panel, not included in my version. But I have to backtrack a bit about the history of this plane:

The fs2000 version was upgraded to fs2002 by the original authors. So far so good. For the fs9 migration around 2004, the gmax files were handed over to some people, like n4gix (read his earlier posts in this thread) and also to Eric Dantès a french guy who finalized the fs9 version and made it available via the FranceVFR web site. This version is really very nice, Eric added most of the animations and all the goodies around the plane (the famous red carpet is his signature, try it yourself: stop the engine, open the door and turn the lights on). FranceVFR decided to scrap their freeware section because of too much abuse, and now they sell wonderful VFR scenery covering all of France and parts of Europe as well (they have planes and AI too). And Eric's version unfortunatly became harder and harder to find, and his name is almost never mentioned, it's a pity. Not sure this story is 100% acurate, but I'm afraid the real story might even be darker...

Martyn Becker is a famous german simmer, and he did some work with the lights and the smoke effects for this plane and other ones as well. Some versions of the Falcon 50 still floating around the web have a different aircraft.cfg file, and I suppose these are the one updated by Martyn: There is a smoke_effekt xml gauge in the panel (only in the 2d panel). I think it still works, and you have additionnal fx files to go along, but you'll have to monkey around by yourself depending on the version you have... I'd like to see how expat moved the smoke back to where is it supposed to be!

This should sort you out. You need to juxtapose two of the three x,y,z coordinates (can never remember which two) for the settings in FS9 to work correctly in FSX. Otherwise the smoke appears at 90 degress to how it should: -

[SMOKESYSTEM]
smoke.0=-33.00, -8.50, 1.00, fx_eng_exhaust_gry//
smoke.1=-36.00, 0.00, 1.00, fx_eng_exhaust_gry//
smoke.2=-33.00, 8.50, 1.00, fx_eng_exhaust_gry//

Ludovic,

Thanks for the pointer on the VC panel.cfg entries - off to sort out my digital panel.

Sorry - to be clear - just cut and paste the entries above as they are into your air.cfg over your old entries (or comment out if you want to save). You don't need to do anything further.

In panel.cfg, you must copy all the changes made in [VCockpit01] section to the [VCockpit03] section. [VCockpit01] is intended for the day panel textures, [VCockpit03] is the night textures.

Same with [VCockpit02] and [VCockpit04], this is the right copilot side, day/night...

So it's just a matter of copy/paste the gauges lines from [VCockpit01] to [VCockpit03], and [VCockpit02] to [VCockpit04]. Hope this is clear enough... This is a very clever trick and I believe Fred Banting is the one who designed this part. And Lavigne made the four day/night & left/right textures I just recycled.

In the aircraft.cfg, you do have a "lights" section you can play with, but for other purposes (mostly light effects inside and outside the plane). My "lights" section is like this. You might have some differences, depending on which Falcon you found online or in your archives...

[LIGHTS]
light.0 = 3, -7.7, -31.2, -2.1, fx_navred
light.1 = 3, -7.7, 31.2, -2.1, fx_navgre
light.2 = 2, -8, 31.4, -2.1, fx_strobe
light.3 = 2, -8, -31.4, -2.1, fx_strobe
light.4 = 1, -25.2, 0.00, 17.7, fx_beaconh
light.5 = 3, -24.2, 0.00, 8.37, fx_navwhih
light.6 = 2, 4.61, 0.00, -3.62, fx_beaconb
light.7 = 5, 11.45, -2.10, -2.50, fx_landing
light.8 = 5, 11.45, 2.10, -2.50, fx_landing
light.9 = 4, 24.50, 1.80, 2.55, fx_vclight_f50
light.10= 4, 24.50, -1.80, 2.55, fx_vclight_f50
light.11= 4, 19.00, -0.30, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50
light.12= 4, 14.00, -0.00, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50
light.13= 4, 10.00, -0.00, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50
light.14= 4, 6.00, -0.00, 2.05, fx_vclight_f50
light.15= 4, 0.80, -0.00, 1.05, fx_vclight_f50
light.16= 4, 22.90, -0.70, 2.7, fx_vclight_f50

Thanks got it in the meanwhile-->did not thimk about that-->but as often quoted-->it comes a long way

And still is very nice

Roland

Falcon 50 FSX panel - first update

G'day everybody. Small update to fix the autopilot and add some switches in the overhead. No big deal but more usable. It's here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=39&linkid=2949

View attachment 24012

Thanks for the good feedback! So far it's pretty encouraging. Even Fred Banting said he liked it... Thank you Fred.

PS: I've included my aircraft.cfg file for those who have trouble flying the plane. Seems to me the version they have at the swiss virtualairforce web site is a bit wrong in the flight dynamics department. The version I have is the official one from the Eric Dantès upgrade back in 2005. It works just fine. Merci Eric.

Falcon 50 FSX panel update, again

Small update to the panel: missing gauges added, autopilot fixed, anti-ice switches added, start engine switch fixed (Lee is going to like that: you can start each engine separatly, beginning with engine 2, just like in the real life... but don't forget to switch off the start buttons when N1 reaches 20% or more...)

New link to add-ons library:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=39&linkid=2986

View attachment 24250

What next: rudder/aileron trim switches, maybe more switches in the overhead panel, etc...

Falcon 50 FSX panel: Final version coming soon

This thread is pretty quiet but don't worry I didn't gave up! This last trim gauge is a real headache... but in a fews days I'll upload the final public package at Simviation...

So far feedback was very good and very helpful. The panel was downloaded 161 times, that's great for a limited beta version!
Link to the add-ons library: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=39&linkid=2986

Some simmers sent me some nice screenshots of their favourite location with the Falcon, I enjoy that a lot. Here is a flight from NTTR to NTTB in French Polynesia:

View attachment 24611View attachment 24612View attachment 24614

A guy even made some serious test flights and recorded fuel consumption and such things, and so far everything is ok! More news very soon...

FSX Falcon 50 panel update 4

Again a new update to the panel today: trim gauge ready (but still a bit crude) and various small fixes. This is going to be very close to the final release, unless you guys tell me something is quite wrong... It's a small zip file, you should install it anyway:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=39&linkid=2986

View attachment 24658 View attachment 24659 View attachment 24660

What's new: autopilot relocated next to ADI (the complete autopilot panel is in the console, like in the real thing). Functionnal trim gauge next to speed brake handle and flaps lever. Added some radio gauges (ADF, ATC). One autostart engine (orange) switch and 3 individual (white) start engine switches in the overhead panel.

Temple Inland Forest N77TE repaint by Brad Baker (fsdome.com).
FSX New Caledonia scenery by Marc-Henri Guitteny (marcoh.gratisim.fr).

sorry: bug in the 4:3 panel.cfg (fixed now). It should read:
[Window00]
file=panel.bmp
size_mm=1024,768

Just a Question but the interior lights put the pilot & co pilot in the cockpit now they do no show unless the throddle is half :wiggle:

Test pilot: dangerous game...

Mmmm that's very strange... Mine is working ok when I use the "L" key (all lights on), but with the individual light switches in the overhead, pilots don't show, that's indeed a bug, I'll see what I can do... Sorry... That's what beta releases are for! Thanks to the courageous test pilots!

Edit: I've attached the event "ALL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE" to the cabin (interior) light switch, and now the crew appears with the flick of a switch... I don't think this has something to do with the throttle position... Maybe during a long flight, the day turned into the twilight, and since the lights are programmed to turn on automatically, the crew popped into position from nowhere... Typical X-file effect I would say... or Twilight Zone... Dangerous game for sure!

View attachment 24674

New switch in next release...

Smoke system: crew acting funky

I think I know why your plane crew is acting funky. You might be using Martin Becker smoke system gauge, or a similar smoke trick (Nick's Smoke maybe) and these xml gauges do trigger lights based on throttle position... So disable or fix these gauges. Or use my aircraft.cfg file, which is very close to the original one, without smoke effects and with proper flight dynamics.

Very nice work you've done :salute: here

Thank you​

Really want to second that. This is a great update and very much appreciated. Probably too late now but should have recommended this one as a "sticky" so more would notice what has been achieved.

. . also hope to see some of the talented artists doing some contemporary repaints, particularly with the painkit available and posted in this thread . . :jump:

Falcon 50 FSX: Overhead revamped + various goodies

News update: Don "fxsttcb" Bodenstedt , a retired "Instrumentation and Controls Eng'r" with a background in airborne weapons control radar and avionics is joining the team, and his work on the overhead and other instruments is simply too good to pass!

View attachment 25076

So in a few days we'll be able to post a new version (again) with all these goodies... maybe for x-mas? But there is no dealine remember... no need to hurry, and no boss to complain!

The next (and last, I hope) logical step would be to publish the complete Falcon 50 FSX package... It's not as easy as it looks like, if you want to do it the right way, and without "stepping on any toes"... Hope a new repaint will pop up from somewhere too!

Back