• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Falcon 50 in FSX

. . . . ."Despite intensive research and best intentions, it was not possible to reach some rights holders of this aircraft. We ask holders of such rights who feel they have not been properly acknowledge to please contact us."

Do you think that should take care of the copyright issue? What else can be done? What are the real risks, if any?
Considering the longevity of this airplane, you'd have to consider that some of the original designers have either passed on or at least have left the Flight Sim community for other endeavors. You have made a gallant effort to contact everyone who participated in it's early release and so the disclaimer above should suffice on the off chance that someone will miraculously reappear after all these years the instant this is released (isn't that always the way it happens, lol).

Considering the longevity of this airplane, you'd have to consider that some of the original designers have either passed on or at least have left the Flight Sim community for other endeavors. You have made a gallant effort to contact everyone who participated in it's early release and so the disclaimer above should suffice on the off chance that someone will miraculously reappear after all these years the instant this is released (isn't that always the way it happens, lol).
I concur. As long as you...

1) acknowledge in the documentation the work of others that is included (and use only freeware items) and
2) don't make any money from it

... you are covered.

That was the base rule of the FreeFlightDesign Shop when I and a handful of others started it years ago -- always credit the original author and don't make any money from it.
:ernae:

Triple green light at last

Mr Lavigne replied at last, and gave us the ultimate green light for this panel fix. Thank you sir. So with Fred and Rob earlier approvals, we're ready to roll!

View attachment 23563View attachment 23561View attachment 23562View attachment 23564

So, where to upload a "beta" version so we can maybe adjust it a bit before a more final release? I've checked the add-on library section in SOH website, is this the way to go?

(This Aéronavale repaint is my own variation of the one made by Martial from frenchairforce.fr... Anybody interested in creating a brand new repaint?)

. . . . .So, where to upload a "beta" version so we can maybe adjust it a bit before a more final release? I've checked the add-on library section in SOH website, is this the way to go?. . . . .
Yes, despite some inherent problems with the downloads area, it's still quicker I think than flightsim.com or Avsim. Also, will this upload be the entire airplane or just the panel beta? If it doesn't include the entire airplane, where can we download the aircraft as you show it in your pics?:salute:

I would, if at all possible, like the fact of downloading the whole package as one entity rather than having to mess with a recipe :ernae:

Panel only

Also, will this upload be the entire airplane or just the panel beta?

No, just the panel and panel textures made with the help of the André the real mastermind behind this trick, and the xml gauges made with the invaluable help of Philippe Wallaert...

Falcon 50 FSX take off scheduled tomorrow

I think the least I could do to thank you for doing more than I ever imagined would be done to this plane is to do a repaint or two. :)

Wow, thank you!

I'll upload the panel tomorrow in the Add-Ons library, hope I'll figure out how to do it!

Wow, thank you!

I'll upload the panel tomorrow in the Add-Ons library, hope I'll figure out how to do it!

And if anyone still needs the base aircraft you can get it via the red links at the bottom of the page linked to below. (At least visit their page first rather than linking directly from here to their server to download :salute:) It's a cumulative process. Start with the "Fal50c2.zip" base model. Add the "Fa50pch2.zip" fix pak. And finally the FS2004 update. And then the FSX panel updates.

http://www.virtualairforce.ch/index...42:swiss-virtual-airforce--aicrafts&Itemid=59

Outstanding work on all this vonstroheim!

Falcon 50 FSX Panel in the S.O.H. Add-Ons Library

Thank you Frank, and thank you to all the people involved who helped me find the original authors (the hardest part!) and supported this modest project.

Here it is! Version 0.9 beta...
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=39&linkid=2949

It' really no big deal, you should see the panel Isra have made from scratch for the F-5 Tiger and released last week after working on it 5 years!

Anyway, next step is polishing a bit the Falcon panel for a final release, and maybe some new repaints will materialize, and revised flight dynamics might be in the works...

Thanks for the re-birth of this wonderful aircraft!

I installed it and works fine in FSX!

Many thanks to all involved in this project!

Regards

Edmundo

And if anyone still needs the base aircraft you can get it via the red links at the bottom of the page linked to below. (At least visit their page first rather than linking directly from here to their server to download) It's a cumulative process. Start with the "Fal50c2.zip" base model. Add the "Fa50pch2.zip" fix pak. And finally the FS2004 update. And then the FSX panel updates.
Just an addendum to my note above (can't seem to edit it to make the change) but the Falcon50_2k4.zip download gives you all you need before adding vonstroheim's v0.9 beta panel. You do not need to install the Fal50c2.zip" base model or the "Fa50pch2.zip fix pak.

I am not normally a Business Jet or Tubeliner pilot, but your work on this panel has made me a fan of the Falcon50. It will be a permanent part of my active Hangar. Well Done!!:salute:

This plane will be a great addition to my FSX hangar, right next to the default Learjet (yes, I love it) and Alrot's Citation X.
Thanks a lot :ernae:

Now I remember why I haven't finished my repaints this bird :isadizzy: I've got some Canadian Falcons in the works for vonstroheim too ;)

What a great job you've done on the old falcon :applause::applause::applause:

Many Thanks vonstroheim Well done

Added smoke to her but its all out of wack smoke is not coming from engine isn;t there a fix about smoke and plus's and minus's

View attachment 23563View attachment 23561View attachment 23562View attachment 23564

So, where to upload a "beta" version so we can maybe adjust it a bit before a more final release? I've checked the add-on library section in SOH website, is this the way to go?

Hello

I have a bit of an VC issue

Admitedly I "modernize" the panel by using differen ATT and HSI-->just I have the issue that they show only when lights are off,once i turn on the original aguges reappear,although not in the panel .cfg

Anybody any idea about this

Best regards

Roland

Added smoke to her but its all out of wack smoke is not coming from engine isn;t there a fix about smoke and plus's and minus's

You need to switch around the smoke coordinates in the air.cfg as with other FSX port overs. If you don't know how to do this I can post my cfg entries later.

I have the issue that they show only when lights are off,once i turn on the original aguges reappear,although not in the panel .cfg

Not 100% it's the same issue as yours, but there seems to have always been from the start a "known issue" - in my VC's (I have both analogue and digital) the gauges which I have myself added in the VC (by changing the panel.cfg entries) do NOT appear UNLESS I switch the interior lights on. Bit strange, but I have got used to it.

Is this the same or are you having the opposite problem - i.e. your add on gauges will only appear with the lights switched OFF?

Daytime / nighttime texture for VC cockpit in Falcon 50 FSX

... they show only when lights are off...

In panel.cfg, you must copy all the changes made in [VCockpit01] section to the [VCockpit03] section. [VCockpit01] is intended for the day panel textures, [VCockpit03] is the night textures.

Same with [VCockpit02] and [VCockpit04], this is the right copilot side, day/night...

So it's just a matter of copy/paste the gauges lines from [VCockpit01] to [VCockpit03], and [VCockpit02] to [VCockpit04]. Hope this is clear enough... This is a very clever trick and I believe Fred Banting is the one who designed this part. And Lavigne made the four day/night & left/right textures I just recycled.

In the aircraft.cfg, you do have a "lights" section you can play with, but for other purposes (mostly light effects inside and outside the plane). My "lights" section is like this. You might have some differences, depending on which Falcon you found online or in your archives...

[LIGHTS]
light.0 = 3, -7.7, -31.2, -2.1, fx_navred
light.1 = 3, -7.7, 31.2, -2.1, fx_navgre
light.2 = 2, -8, 31.4, -2.1, fx_strobe
light.3 = 2, -8, -31.4, -2.1, fx_strobe
light.4 = 1, -25.2, 0.00, 17.7, fx_beaconh
light.5 = 3, -24.2, 0.00, 8.37, fx_navwhih
light.6 = 2, 4.61, 0.00, -3.62, fx_beaconb
light.7 = 5, 11.45, -2.10, -2.50, fx_landing
light.8 = 5, 11.45, 2.10, -2.50, fx_landing
light.9 = 4, 24.50, 1.80, 2.55, fx_vclight_f50
light.10= 4, 24.50, -1.80, 2.55, fx_vclight_f50