• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Falcon 50 in FSX

Very Nice!
I'm worth diddly with re-painting. I have the paint kit, but, no idea how to put that jigsaw puzzle together so I can paint the side, then copy/paste the sections where they belong.
Fus1 also looks to be a different scale than the rest.

Anybody wanna tackle the inspiration for my Falcon?
It's a Celebrate Life Foundation plane, with the Cancer Treatment Centers of America Logo on the Vert stab...Don

N550CL Snowy KCLE
N550CL Airborne KSJC
N550CL Taxiing TJIG
N505CL at KAPF

Send me a copy of F50FSX?

I toyed around with this F50FSX repaint

Nice paint!

I also posted some suggestions/requests earlier in this thread:

Overhead Panel Update

Uploaded another update to the Falcon 50 FSX panel:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=39&linkid=2986

Don reworked the overhead panel and it is as good and complete as an overhead can be! New too in this release is an autopilot popup window similar to the original fs2002 version, Don's contribution too. "aircraft.cfg" file is updated a bit ("autopilot" and "electrical" sections).

View attachment 25528

I understand you guys are fed up with so many little updates, each time a pain to install if you have tweaked your version and changed some gauges... but I believe it's better this way, it's a Work in Progress for real, you can input ideas and comments along the way, and it's also a trick to keep your interest alive!

I made a big OOPS!
I sent the next to last generation of the overhead background bitmap, DUH!
On the one I sent, when the Bleed Air Control Switch is set to "Off" a little red light appears out of nowhere above the switch. I just knew I would forget to update my "updates to send" folder correctly!

My apologies. The correct bitmap is on it's way...Don

In the meantine...

The correct bitmap is on it's way...Don

Got it. Will update the panel and post it later this evening.

Edit: 0.9.7 update available... with Don's correct overhead bitmap, new VSI and Airspeed gauge...

View attachment 25593

Coming soon: option to have the Collins digital ADI instead of the analog one... Dut no, don't ask, no glass cockpit! Not yet!

View attachment 25592

Hope you heard about the "$5 a plane "promotion at Iris Simulation...

Another nice repaint! Panel looking good, though I am going to wait for one month before I know it is safe to merge these updates!

Falcon 50 for FS9 back online - FSX version coming soon!

News update: The Eric Dantès's "Falcon 50 for FS9" is back online. The official version had disappeared years ago. Thanks to Eric who heard me cry, and thanks to Gilles from Aquitaine Simulation, a copy of the real thing is available in the "téléchargements" section here:
http://aquitaine.simulation.free.fr/

So the final version of the FSX panel will soon have a new home too! In the meantime the beta version is http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=39upgraded to 0.9.9 here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=39

Repaints are harder than expected! Looks nice from the distance, but a real shame close-up... Could use some help here... Simkid22 are you around?

View attachment 26087

I was in the process of fixing the up close problems before finals and the holidays got in the way, I fixed the emergency exits and was working on the door, that is a bigger challenge than the exits, When those are done I'll try to release a paint kit with the updated base stuff. A lot of the other little things that come up are usually repaint specific *sigh* yay mapping :isadizzy:

Falcon 50 FSX panel version 1.0 officially available

...I'll try to release a paint kit with the updated base stuff...

Yes that will be much helpful!

So this is it, the last chapter has arrived. The Falcon 50 FSX panel 1.0 was officialy released today 23rd December, just in time for Christmas! It's hosted by Aquitaine Simulation, a french association near Bordeaux, close to the real Dassault factory. They host also the official complete FS9 version, so no need to hunt down the kit in various shady places:
http://aquitaine.simulation.free.fr ("téléchargements" link)

View attachment 26168 View attachment 26169 View attachment 26170 View attachment 26171

This panel version 1.0 is exactly the same as the 0.9.9 posted here. I'll keep it there for you, don't worry, and update it if necessary.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=39

This is an excerpt of the readme file, it says it all: "A big "thank you sir" to Yannick Lavigne, Fred Banting and Rob Young who approved the distribution of this panel. Thank you also to Eric Dantès, without his FS9 version of the Falcon 50, we wouldn't be here. Philippe Wallaert made a wonderful contribution with all the new XML gauges. Don "fxsttcb" Bodenstedt was kind enough to give me his overhead panel and his avionics expertise. André "esmdu" from pilote-virtuel.com is the genius behind all this, thanks to him the virtual cockpit shows properly in FSX. And many thanks to Gilles from Aquitaine Simulation for the web hosting. "

And thanks to the S.O.H.community for support and advice. Merry Christmas!
Ludovic "vonstroheim"

Great work & congratulations on seeing this project through. Hope many (re)discover and enjoy this aircraft as much as I do.

So this is it, the last chapter has arrived.

. . . am still wary there will be more . . :d

Great work & congratulations on seeing this project through. Hope many (re)discover and enjoy this aircraft as much as I do.

. . . am still wary there will be more . . :d
Thanks for the Kudos.
Your wariness might have been warranted earlier! Ha-Ha!

Though the release version differs slightly from my personal version, you can rest assured it works Great!
I've made at least a half dozen complete VFR and IFR flights with it(more with my own) and haven't felt the need to tweak. That from an avid(read addicted) tweaker, who can't keep his mitts off of anything!
Of course that doesn't mean that it won't be updated if someone comes across a glaring error that our myopia has overlooked.
Besides, if you don't like it, you can always hit the delete key! I doubt very seriously that will happen. So far, there hasn't been any negative feedback here.

The only thing that could be added is a Weather RADAR IF one of us can create one that has a modicum of reality. More than likely a seperate .zip anyhow.

I started some research on the Dassault factory Glass Cockpit(EX) to get an idea of what the actual instrumentation is. I also looked at lots of privately updated versions too.

Maybe you folks can provide some links and let us know what your idea of a Glass Cockpit should be...No Promises...Too early to decide anyhoo!

Enjoy!

Happy Holidays to all!

Don

I just got an early Xmas present from Ludovic, a Celebrate Life Foundation paint!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

The only thing that could be added is a Weather RADAR...

If you can afford it, the Reality XP Simulation WX-500 looks cool... and period correct for this Falcon (reality-xp.com).

View attachment 26225

To fill the void in the panel, I choose to package in the panel the fake weather radar by Philippe Wallaert. Cute and turned-off by default (click on the screen to turn it on). I also use the "hsi-gps-map" I found in the freeware Iris Tornado F3... Couldn't include it in the panel, but it's an easy swap (irisfss.com).

View attachment 26227
View attachment 26242

The
fs2x_WAAS GPS Navigation System version 2.0 by Don Kuhn is very nice too (fs2x.com).

Yes we'll definitly work on a Falcon 50EX in 2011! And more repaints, inside and out... to keep you happy (yes we heard you Lee!)

View attachment 26229

Complete Falcon 50 FSX package ready

Another X-Mas present: The complete Dassault Falcon 50 FSX package is available at Aquitaine Simulation. No need to fiddle around with various Windows Vista issues or the nice but tricky FS9 installer! It's here in one easy zip archive, ready to fly in FSX, just two or three clicks away:
http://aquitaine.simulation.free.fr...ent&view=category&layout=blog&id=39&Itemid=85http://aquitaine.simulation.free.fr/ (in the "téléchargements" section)

They also have the FS9 version, for you FS2004 addicts: I was still using FS2004 a few months ago, and I was so sad to loose the Falcon 50 when I switched to FSX, that's why I decided to port-over this bird, and with a small dream team of dedicated simmers, we did it!

View attachment 26504

Good Job! :salute:
One question. What happened to the panel download at Aquitaine?
For the folks that have been following along and already have the plane, the latest panel version(Version 1.0 updated December 28, 2010) is still available here at SOH...Don
Latest Falcon 50 Panel Update

Many thanks to Merrs VonS, Expat, and all the team. this was hands down my favourite bird in FS8 ... lost track of it in FS9 ... now my favourite executive aircraft of FSX. Nostalgia with an update - magnificent!

dl

Falcon 50 CF repaint

Happy New Year !

Was a bit lazy lately... Did found some time for a new repaint, a "Canadian Forces" fictitious livery based on the real Bombardier Challengers from the Trenton CFB, for you DL... Not ready yet! (red tips missing on wings and tail)... There is room on the no 2 engine for some marking, should I move "Canada" up here?

View attachment 27151 View attachment 27150

And what is the policy about publishing repaints? I don't want to disturb anymore the original creators, I was a bit pushy with this fsx panel affair... and these mediocre attempts at repaints are really not in the same category... are they?

Yeehaw!!! - I'm loving it.

Yes, the Canada looks a bit hemmed in over the windows. The Challenger, being tall, and with the windows placed further down, had more room. My vote is your suggestion of moving the Canada logo onto the engine(s). So long as there has been a way of fixing the reversed texture thing - my French Marine texture is like that. Not that it's the end of the world by any stretch.

Many thanks!

dl

Happy New Year !

Was a bit lazy lately... Did found some time for a new repaint, a "Canadian Forces" fictitious livery based on the real Bombardier Challengers from the Trenton CFB, for you DL... Not ready yet! (red tips missing on wings and tail)... There is room on the no 2 engine for some marking, should I move "Canada" up here?

View attachment 27151 View attachment 27150

And what is the policy about publishing repaints? I don't want to disturb anymore the original creators, I was a bit pushy with this fsx panel affair... and these mediocre attempts at repaints are really not in the same category... are they?

Back