• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

FREEE dom

I currently run P3Dv4 and v3 and FSX and X-Plane! When I get a better computer I'll probably get MSFS, but I don't see why I have to "switch" to it. Why can't I just do what I do now which is run all the sims, so I can still continue to fly all my favourite aircraft but also enjoy the great scenery in MSFS?

Technology Improvements ?

For the same reason I had to get a 5G phone from U.S. Cellular no matter that my old flip phone was working just fine though 3G. Technological improvements for the vast majority leaves some behind. I agree with you about flight simming. I do not have windows 10 nor do I have the graphics card required and funding does not allow tossing out a perfectly good computer just to get that to run MSFS. I found this out when I tried to download and try their beta way back when. It is written in new programming like P3DV5 which BTW I also cannot run on my system. I love my FSX and all that I have for it. I have a different post here (Buccaneer) and I just installed FS9 airport which is beautiful and fully functional in FSX. If all the developers switch to MSFS only I hope that they are as kind and generous as Bazzar and put download links to their older aircraft for us to share. Since there is not a developer out there that I have not purchased at least one aircraft and most of them more from and online dealers products like Megascenery Earth, I will not feel guilty in downloading older models for free if they are offered. :wavey:

They seem to be available now via FTX Central. Quite heavy disc space users, I wonder why? Aerosoft Airbus for comparison is 1.7 GB installed and Sabreliner 7.2 GB...
Correction, gives still an error when trying to install.

Updates often bring problems packaged with them. There are no updates for W7, or FSX, hence why I consider running FSX in W7 the 'sweet spot' for at least the remainder of this year. (YMMV, of course).

I have yet to see clouds and AI traffic in MSFS which rival that of addons like REX and UT2 in FSX (personal opinions may vary, of course).

The ongoing supply chain issues are another major hindrance standing in the way of new system builds for many (including myself).

To come across developers like AH offering their FSX aircraft at no cost is just icing on the FSX 'cake', for me, and will keep me entertained for months to come.

Msfs

When I saw the videos of MSFS and how cool it looked right down to the blades of grass, I was really impressed. However, IF I could afford to upgrade to a new computer AND thought of installing MSFS, the biggest drawback for me is that 15 years of collecting scenery and aircraft and the scenery and the repaints that I have created for myself and others would all be left behind by not being compatible with MSFS. Starting all over is not an option because of that. A lot of FS9 stuff works on FSX beautifully just as the RAF Honington that I just installed this afternoon. That is how I feel.

Actually MSFS does not require a NASA computer. I tried it just out of curiosity and runs smoothly on my potato. So, hardwarewise it is not a big investment.

Not With Windows 7

Actually MSFS does not require a NASA computer. I tried it just out of curiosity and runs smoothly on my potato. So, hardwarewise it is not a big investment.

That may be true but it will not work with Windows 7 unfortunately and I am not buying a new OS for it. Same reason I have a lot of software that 10 does not like.

Thank you for your reply.

Thanks for the generous gift! The links through Orbx app are live and was just able to download and install them to my sim! Time for some aviating!

Yes - their idiotic webmaster arranged for me to be banned for no valid reason from their support forums years ago.

Install ORBX Central, create a new login, download whatever you need. Simple as that.

Priller

Many thanks Bazzar for your kind and very generous offer :applause: :applause:

I've just picked up the C-119 and I'm very pleased with it.

Now , please excuse my ignorance, but I have a query .....

The C-119 is for FSX to P3Dv4, where as the DC-3 is listed for P3Dv4 only.

Is it possible to download and use the DC-3 in FSX:SE ?

Thanks again for your generosity.

Pete.

No, the DC-3/C47 package was developed for P3D only. It will not work in FSX. JF still carry (I think) the older DC-3 "Flying Legends" product we did.:engel016:

That may be true but it will not work with Windows 7 unfortunately and I am not buying a new OS for it.

Worth noting you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free. You just follow the upgrade instructions and enter your Windows 7 serial number instead of a Windows 10 one.

I've just picked up the AH B-17 and He-111. Very many thanks for allowing these to be available FOC. There is a paint kit shipped with the Heinkel but not with the B-17 as far as I can see. Is it possible to get a paint kit for the B-17 anywhere please??

Thanks again AH!

DaveQ

Hello everyone,

I will surely show you idiot, but I do not find download links !!!
I installed orbx central, created my account, select aircraft ah, these have been: "open in orbx central"
but after I do not know what to do to find the downloads !!!:banghead:
Can you help me?

Alain
-

Alain,

Open 'Orbx Central', select your simulator from the drop-down menu in the top centre of the page and go to 'Store'. The aircraft available for that simulator will be shown down the left-hand side of the screen. Click on the one you want and then click 'Install' and follow the instructions. You can also select a partner company from the 'Partners' page if you wish. That will take you to the list of partner companies and you can choose your download from there. I found that you can only download and install stuff compatible with the simulator you name on the home page; if you want stuff for a different simulator you need to re-select it from the drop-down menu.

Hope that's a) right (!) and b) helpful!

DaveQ

Hello Daveq,

First of all, thank you for helping me!:jump:
However, I do not progress!
I recap my actions:
-I chosen in Orbx Products, then I choose FSX./p3d then Aircraft, but I do not have free planes AH!
I'm going to Freeware, I selected a plane, clicking on his picture, right I click on "Add to account", it's validated by the appearance of "Open in Orbx Central" !
And after I do not know what To do!!!!
-If I click on this last message it opens the reinstallation of ORBX Central !!!:dizzy:
I do not see anywhere "Install"
Complicated all that !!!

Alain

Adding my thanks to Bazzar for this kind and generous offer. Hopefully I will also get to purchase for MSFS if I can ever get upgraded enough to fly that Sim.

I picked up a couple of aircraft I didn't already have but I appear to be having an issue with one of them and I know Bazzar is not providing support anymore so I thought I'd mention it on here in case anyone else is seeing the same thing as me or if it's just an issue on my end.

The aircraft in question is the Miles Hawk Speed Six and the problem lies with the canopy in VC view. For some reason the glass of the canopy seems to be too short to reach either the front or back of the cockpit and it sits like a glass cap on the pilot's head! If you zoom in the glass moves forward to the front of the cockpit but then you have a gap in your peripheral vision. If you pan around the glass moves fore and aft but again doesn't fit all the way around and has gaps depending on the zoom level. I have tried zooming in and out and using the provided eye-point tool but nothing seems to fix it.

I have never seen anything like this on the hundreds of single cockpit FSX/FS2004 aircraft I have flown over the years and it has me completely baffled as to (a) the cause and (b) how to fix it (bear in mind I am also a developer and know how to fix most model issues in FSX)!

Has anyone else picked up the Hawk and do they have the same issue? At the moment it's a no-fly aircraft unless I fly with the top back! :biggrin-new:

Back