• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

FREEE dom

Alain,
I think 'Add to Account' is from the Orbx web-page, you need to have installed and be running the Orbx Central app on your Sim PC and select the required aircraft there.

My problem is getting a v4 product to show as visible to install in P3Dv5 - Orbx won't display them as it 'knows' they won't work, although of course they will!

Larry,
the Miles Hawk works well for me in VR (Oculus Quest), no problem noticed with the canopy.

Incidentally, the old Miles factory was on TV last night - it's an old art-deco building threatened with demolition but locals are fighting to get it protected.

Hello Daveq,

First of all, thank you for helping me!:jump:
However, I do not progress!
I recap my actions:
-I chosen in Orbx Products, then I choose FSX./p3d then Aircraft, but I do not have free planes AH!
I'm going to Freeware, I selected a plane, clicking on his picture, right I click on "Add to account", it's validated by the appearance of "Open in Orbx Central" !
And after I do not know what To do!!!!
-If I click on this last message it opens the reinstallation of ORBX Central !!!:dizzy:
I do not see anywhere "Install"
Complicated all that !!!

Alain

You should have a message come up 'Do you want to allow Orbx to make changes to your computer?'. Select 'Yes' and the install screen should come up. And yes it IS overly complex....!! You could also try opening the 'Aircraft' screen from the main page and see if the aircraft you want is listed there. It may have a green tick by it. Click that link, but at some stage you will be asked if you want Orbx to make changes to your computer.

Good Luck!

DaveQ

I picked up a couple of aircraft I didn't already have but I appear to be having an issue with one of them and I know Bazzar is not providing support anymore so I thought I'd mention it on here in case anyone else is seeing the same thing as me or if it's just an issue on my end.

The aircraft in question is the Miles Hawk Speed Six and the problem lies with the canopy in VC view. For some reason the glass of the canopy seems to be too short to reach either the front or back of the cockpit and it sits like a glass cap on the pilot's head! If you zoom in the glass moves forward to the front of the cockpit but then you have a gap in your peripheral vision. If you pan around the glass moves fore and aft but again doesn't fit all the way around and has gaps depending on the zoom level. I have tried zooming in and out and using the provided eye-point tool but nothing seems to fix it.

I have never seen anything like this on the hundreds of single cockpit FSX/FS2004 aircraft I have flown over the years and it has me completely baffled as to (a) the cause and (b) how to fix it (bear in mind I am also a developer and know how to fix most model issues in FSX)!

Has anyone else picked up the Hawk and do they have the same issue? At the moment it's a no-fly aircraft unless I fly with the top back! :biggrin-new:
Larry I also just loaded the Hawk, but I don't have the issue you describe. Maybe try a Sim reload or reinstallation of the airplane in Orbx Central?

This offer is very tempting. However, it seems that I'm faced with a couple issues.

First, my install of ORBX products dates back to 2013 when purchased from the Flight Sim Store. Although I have an account with ORBX, I'll need to get my purchases registered with them.

Second, my ORBX scenery runs with ORBX Central 2.1, so I'd have to update to Central 4.0. I'm still going through their forum posts and Help Center to figure out how to proceed.

Anyone care to share their experiences in updating to ORBX Central 4.0 in FSXA?

Larry I also just loaded the Hawk, but I don't have the issue you describe. Maybe try a Sim reload or reinstallation of the airplane in Orbx Central?
I just re-installed the Hawk (twice) and still get the same results. I have attached some pics of what I see.
VC_3_a.jpgVC_1_a.jpgVC_2_a.jpg

Hi, I just installed the He-111. Very detailed. I like my planes to be historically correct. Where is this tail switcher utility located. Can't find it in the paint kit zip. Thanks Robert

I have always had this same effect with the Miles Hawk when using TrackIR. There seems to be a very limited area where your head needs to be in order not to see the missing glass.

Yes, it's because the small canopy is so tight to the pilots head - I was just lucky I think, just tried again and I get the issue if I lift my head but not if I snuggle down, I need to remember how to move the seat position for several of these AH models in VR :)
The Typhoon would be worth getting just for the starting sequence :pop4:

Yes, it's because the small canopy is so tight to the pilots head - I was just lucky I think, just tried again and I get the issue if I lift my head but not if I snuggle down, I need to remember how to move the seat position for several of these AH models in VR :)

Thanks for the tips/comments guys as I have now fixed my issue by moving my eyepoint slightly in the .cfg file. I can now pan around without losing the glass unless I zoom in or out. I tried moving it with the supplied gauge but had no luck with that.

Keith, if you have issues with other aircraft try adjusting the eyepoint value in the aircraft.cfg file (Views section/eyepoint). There are key commands for moving your eyepoint while in the VC but these only work for that session and you lose your changes if you end the flight. If you edit the .cfg file it remembers every time you select the aircraft. Here are my settings for the Hawk:

Views
eyepoint= -2.5, 0.0, 1.25 //-2.2, 0.0, 1.25

For reference I only moved the eyepoint back from -2.2 to -2.5 and the number groups represent fore/aft, left/right and up/down in feet from the datum position. Just make the changes, save the .cfg file and then reload the aircraft to check the results. Rinse and repeat as necessary. This applies to every aircraft in the sim.
The Typhoon would be worth getting just for the starting sequence :pop4:

I've always found CTRL+E works faultlessly with the Tiffy! :costumed-smiley-034

Hello Daveq,

First of all, thank you for helping me!:jump:
However, I do not progress!
I recap my actions:
-I chosen in Orbx Products, then I choose FSX./p3d then Aircraft, but I do not have free planes AH!
I'm going to Freeware, I selected a plane, clicking on his picture, right I click on "Add to account", it's validated by the appearance of "Open in Orbx Central" !
And after I do not know what To do!!!!
-If I click on this last message it opens the reinstallation of ORBX Central !!!:dizzy:
I do not see anywhere "Install"
Complicated all that !!!

Alain

Alain,
the AH models don't appear in the "Store" tab of Orbx Central. They are under Partners. Go there and then you will see Aeroplane Heaven as a partner. Click there and you should see the models.

Orbx Central should look like this

I manually downloaded the AH Globe Swift from AH website to a desktop folder and pointed their installer to the same folder, then copied what files I wanted into the FSX folders. Nice and clean - and I know where everything is.

Unfortunately, with Orbx Central, there is no manual install option. Makes it much harder to figure out what is installed where.

Anyone know what FSX folders the C-119 Fairchild installs what into ?

Flying mostly civilian aircraft, I find the C-119 seems to have a lot of 'extras' I probably will not make much use of, hence, would not install.

I love the model for it's unique appearance and wing configuration.

I manually downloaded the AH Globe Swift from AH website to a desktop folder and pointed their installer to the same folder, then copied what files I wanted into the FSX folders. Nice and clean - and I know where everything is.

Unfortunately, with Orbx Central, there is no manual install option. Makes it much harder to figure out what is installed where.

Anyone know what FSX folders the C-119 Fairchild installs what into ?

Flying mostly civilian aircraft, I find the C-119 seems to have a lot of 'extras' I probably will not make much use of, hence, would not install.

I love the model for it's unique appearance and wing configuration.

Like you I prefer civilian aircraft, but I did find a few non military textures for the C-199 .... here's one at at Avsim ...

sendfile.php
File Description:
This folder contains a repaint for the Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar by Aeroplane Heaven, in the colors of Fairchild C-119 N8504X that operated on the salmon run from Anchorage. It was originally 53-8142 with the USAF, but became N8504X in 1980. It crashed at Shageluk, AK in 1987. The wreck is currently in use as a workshop in Shageluk. Repaint by Jan Kees Blom, based on the paintkit by Aeroplane Heaven.
Filename:jk_c-119_n8504x.zip
License:Freeware
Added:10th December 2018, 02:49:50
Downloads:122
Author:Jan Kees Blom
Size:97141kb

" ... Anyone know what FSX folders the C-119 Fairchild installs what into ? ..."

In my FSX:SE setup it appears as if everything is in the one folder .... FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes ... AH_Fairchild_C119

... I've always found CTRL+E works faultlessly with the Tiffy! :costumed-smiley-034[/QUOTE said:
Sure but you don't get the bang just as you touch the button :jump:
Thanks for the cfg tip

Thanks Baz

I just realized that I forgot to thank Baz and Aeroplane Heaven for all the great models they have created over the years.
Due to bandwidth issues I won't be moving to MSFS anytime soon but I still can enjoy a bunch of great AH models going as far back as the BF-109, F3F-2 and Hurricane in CFS2 and now the Hurricane and F3F-2 revived for FSX and P3D.

Thanks for all the great times.

Gavin

can only second and reinforce that

THANK YOU

and not to forget Seafire-->I moved to P3DV4.4 by MDLX

Best regards

Roland

QUESTION: Are the paint kits still available somewhere?

I could get the downloads as a file as they were automatically installed into FSX. No paint kit in the Docs folders.

Thanks

Steve

QUESTION: Are the paint kits still available somewhere?

I'm surprised at the lack of repaints available for these newly freeware aircraft. They've all existed for some time and I would have thought there would be tons of additional textures for the Hurricane, B-17, Helldiver, etc. Hopefully now that they're free we'll be seeing a lot more available to download if all the repaint kits become available for download again. I'd love to fly the Helldiver in the colors of the CAF or the Military Aviation Museum's Hurricane.

I also want to add my thanks for the freebies :encouragement:

A note for others. I manged to get the He111 into P3Dv5 by installing into v4 first and then moving it but it CTD's while loading the flight.
However I found that if you comment out or delete the [Vcockpit13] and [Vcockpit14] sections in the panel.cfg it will load OK
These sections are only for the A2A windscreen rain effects so I can live without them.

Thanks to Baz and the AH crew for offering these outstanding aircraft as freeware!
Cheers!
:ernaehrung004:
The Old Master Sergeant

Last edited:
Back