• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Good News Aeroplane Heavens B-17F Out

Bomb Boogie of the 401st Bomb Squadron/91st Bomb Group H

Finally finished with the help of ButcherBird17 here on the SOH. Thanks for all the help. Here is my assigned ride at the 91st Bombardment Group. We have flown 3 missions in the A2A B-17G which was wearing this livery until Aeroplane Heaven came out with this beautiful B-17F. Our pilots will be flying both the F and G versions at the 91st now.

B17F-15-VE%20Bomb%20Boogie_zpsaa0geg12.jpg

Bomb Boogie was built by the Vega factory in California under license from Boeing as did also Douglas. Her Serial Number is 42-5763 painted on her tail along with the 1st Air Division White Triangle and the Group "A" and her Radio Call Letter "F". The Red outlined Roundels are from June 1943 directive. The squadron code letters were LL painted in Gray. They were painted unaligned and also all on one side of the roundel as shown in one of her last photos. The crew's wives and girlfriends are painted in various spots on the aircraft. According to MACR 514 '5763 was shot down by Major Egon Mayer in a FW190A6 of JG2 Stab at Mons-en-Perele, France, 6 September 1943. 6 of the crew were captured and remained POWs until the end of the war and 4 evaded capture. History from Joe Baugher of the 91st bomb Group Official site. Pictured here parked crew disembarked at UKBA Bassingbourn where the 91st BG is assigned.

Great looking repaints. :encouragement:

Are any of them headed for the Warbirds Library in the near future??

I have 2 Coastal Command paints that I am just about done with. I have a couple more that need to be brought up to V2, those should be pretty quick. Then I will be uploading.

Joe

Den , really need to check these out , really add to the theme ... putting in props , course some places you can do much about the markings :cool:

Static B17.

Of course, neither the airfield or the statics are my own work, so I wont be making them available to others. It's just for my own use you know.

I'm going to add a few P51's and P47's dotted around, and maybe some trees and shrubbery.

The B17 is a bit long in the leg I think, and as for the texture, I wouldn't know how to begin making changes. I use what others have made available, and I thank them for that.

Den.

Be interesting what other fields are out there, I don't have any photo real UK scenery be worth having a scout around.

Be interesting what other fields are out there, I don't have any photo real UK scenery be worth having a scout around.

In the real world? Hundreds. In the virtual world? Not quite as many... What are you looking for? B-17F specific stations?

Ian P.

Thank you for who ever is responsible. I been waiting on a B-17 F. All you young guys love a "G" model with it's ugly and useless chin guns.
But during the war the only one we knew about was the B-17 Fs with it's O.D. paint.

In the real world? Hundreds. In the virtual world? Not quite as many... What are you looking for? B-17F specific stations?

Ian P.
Ian to Ian , Have not check out the field yet , there are two war time fields for B-17 here in the SOH library page 4 in the FSX scenery listing . Deopham Green and Framlingham Suffolk 1944 .

Ian , just checked and looks like you also had a hand in building parts off these scenerys :eagerness:

Thank you for who ever is responsible. I been waiting on a B-17 F. All you young guys love a "G" model with it's ugly and useless chin guns.
But during the war the only one we knew about was the B-17 Fs with it's O.D. paint.
With me when first watched the TV series "Twelve 'O'Clock High" ... ' A Quinn Martin production' it was the 'F' that stood out .... then off course having the old Gregory Peck movie on the shelf just to finish me off, brilliant movie for its time .

Here’s a new paint depicting a favorite Tony Starcer nose art of mine, “Wabash Cannonball”. Added some little details like lines and more rivets on the cowlings, a mixture of AH’s and my weathering, a sharper OD/gray line throughout, and even a door handle on the waist gunner’s door. PS, had “Fireball” removed last week because it didn’t have the new cowls – am revising all the textures and will offer a new vs. soon. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Cl_B17F_Wabash01.jpg
    Cl_B17F_Wabash01.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Cl_B17F_Wabash02.jpg
    Cl_B17F_Wabash02.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Cl_B17F_Wabash05.jpg
    Cl_B17F_Wabash05.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Cl_B17F_Wabash06.jpg
    Cl_B17F_Wabash06.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 3
Very nice Chuck. First Service Pack due out very soon. Doesn't disturb any paints so keep going lads!:encouragement:

“Wabash Cannonball” paint

Another 91st BG, 401st BS paint. Thanks for that Chuck! Those of us at the FSX 91st BG appreciate the effort.

Paul

Prop Problems

I downloaded the latest version of the AH B-17F, V1.2 yesterday. Removed V1.1 as they suggested and I am glad that I just moved it out to the desktop. My Bomb Boogie repaint above was created with Paintkit 1.0 and when Paintkit 1.1 came out and all the cowls turned black, had to redo the cowls that were in the new paintkit, but between Butcherbird17 and I figured out where to paint the crew's girlfriends(wives?) on them. OK! Uploaded V1.2 to FSX_A. Looks great! OK Okie repaint the second I have done using the V1.1 paintkit moves over and shows up perfectly. Bomb Boogie, the V1.0 paintkit files aircraft loses its propellers. ??? Uninstalled the V1.2 version from FSX_A and moved in the V1.1 AH B17F folder and it works fine. Please tell me what to do to use the updates of V1.2 Do I have to repaint Bomb Boogie in the V1.2 paintkit? Or just a file that needs replacing in the Bomb Boogie texture. Help appreciated. Thank you. If it ever gets its props back, I could share it here as requested.

Its now a few hours later after Poirot which I enjoy watching...I did an experiment: I replaced the V1.2 texture file (the main one) with the V1.1 texture file which from what I have read was not any part of the updates and voila (comes from watching the "Little Belgian Detective" LOL) everything is normal. Props are on all the aircraft repaints V1.0, V1.1 and I trust will be on V1.2. since above the post says it will not affect any repaints.

Last edited:
Back