Getting a hunch and then checking your old school San Diego/North Island scenery and finding that every bleeping texture is DXT1.
I just finished converting my 50th texture to DXT3 and I'm not even 1/3rd finished.
S,
You do realise there are a lot of progs that will automate the conversion process for you ie good ol' ModelConverterX (8 16 or 24 bit) does batch image conversion, and Imagetool.org does it online et al.
Huub, Hag these posts made me smile, both very true..ha ha!
For me when something you've been working on finally looks just right in the sims.
Even better, finding all of those DXT1 textures and converting them to DXT3 only to remember that I installed some weird scenery where the textures have to be DXT1.
No problem, I've had this scenery since I first installed FS2004 and I had an old back-up HD sitting near by.
LOL, this is something I've been meaning to fix.
Many, many moons ago, I registered here as Bob S. Things came up, mostly I had some real world hassles to deal with and the old format of SOH was mostly geared towards CFS, so I wound up coming back years later and I couldn't log in. So, I re-applied as Sbob and the rest is history.
Now, do I really want to change it back? I don't mind using Sbob and it even made one joke better (".. and Sbob's your Uncle") so I'm not sure how much I want to bug you Mods about it.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.