• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

HU Modern VC (MVC) for C-47

mjahn

Charter Member
Still in the testing stage but soon to be released: a 'modern' VC to go with any of the current C-47s (V3.1406) - mainly for simmers who want to use dual GPS's, standard radios, annunciators etc.

It's going to be a standalone package including Gordon 'gman' Madison's Piedmont Airlines texture and a long-nosed ski-equipped Navy R4D-5 resurrected from the original 2011 model. HD (4096 px) versions of the Piedmont texture will be made available separately.

If desired, models and textures can freely be ported to Jan Visser's VVC setup, and vice versa.

Some preliminary screens to whet the appetite...

qGjxocrlKp.jpg

S7LXkz&NEu.jpg

X2PDUK&rSF.jpg

+1, if you're counting replies. I've been flying the previous version for quite some time since I prefer the modern panel setup. Love your Gooney Birds! :encouragement:

Still in the testing stage but soon to be released: a 'modern' VC to go with any of the current C-47s (V3.1406) - mainly for simmers who want to use dual GPS's, standard radios, annunciators etc.

It's going to be a standalone package including Gordon 'gman' Madison's Piedmont Airlines texture and a long-nosed ski-equipped Navy R4D-5 resurrected from the original 2011 model. HD (4096 px) versions of the Piedmont texture will be made available separately.

If desired, models and textures can freely be ported to Jan Visser's VVC setup, and vice versa.

Some preliminary screens to whet the appetite...
qGjxocrlKp.jpg

S7LXkz&NEu.jpg

X2PDUK&rSF.jpg

I'm not seeing any pictures. Something wrong with my browser setup?

C117

Wonderful, will it be possible to use in C117, my favorite?

And yet your quoted post has the pics showing in mine... not IE9 by any chance? Some bother has been noticed with that of late.

Odd...no pictures in Chrome or Edge on my workstation but can see them in Chrome on my phone.

Edit: Cleared all the temp files, etc. in Chrome on my workstation, still no joy.

Not really because it has the wrong location (too far back) and the wrong engines. But I meant to check anyway if a separate version for the C-117 was possible. This may take some testing though.

I also would like to know, plus the Basler and Braddick?

Errr .... actually, this 'modern' VC is a heavily modified version of the Basler/Braddick and it is strictly radial engines specific. So I don't think there is any point in porting it back to where it came from.

Blasphemy for those preferring the original "Authentic" look.

But good looking for those wanting a more modern cockpit.

Now all parties can be happy.

This is WOW! :ernaehrung004: Again :biggrin-new:.
Any chance to have default rain effects for P3Dv4 on windshield (like Maule)?

Definitely that's what one would like to have. So far I am running my models in gmax FSX 'compatibility' mode only. I believe it would require a major conversion to get this implemented. Have you had any success with it? How is it done?

Back