• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

HU Modern VC (MVC) for C-47

Shift 6 did not work

Wiper animation missing in external view, yep, that's an oversight, well spotted.

AFAIK you can add the default 2D GPS 500. I know we did it initially. Try it as window05 (Shift-6) thus:

First, add a window title line to panel.cfg:

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main Panel
Window01=Fuel and Payload
Window02=Control Panel
Window03=Monitor
Window04=Clipboard
Window05=GPS
Window10=Monitor Help
Window11=Keys

Then add the default gauge like so, possibly adjusted for size:

[Window05]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=456,378
pixel_size=456,378
position=2
visible=0
ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,456,378

MJ- I also would like to have this option so I could move it to my second monitor and make it larger and easier to read. I made the change you outlined above to my installed Douglas C-117D V3, but it did not work. When I hit Shift 6 I get a message that nothing is mapped to Shift 6. It shows all the other Shift items that are mapped. I double checked the panel cfg file and the change I added matches your suggestion. I even did a copy and paste of your text for the window, but still no joy. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another step I have to do?
Thanks. Love the plane.

Back when last year when the original V3.1.3.4 came out I searched for and found the V2 repaint for Southern Airways and it is in identical DDS textures as the V3 textures are so its matches perfectly. I posted a couple shots back then and here are new ones with the new modern panel. Its beautiful thank you.

tgycgijoes : Where did you get the Southern skin ? I've been searching for it to no avail. Was the first airliner I flew in.

WOW!

I didn't think I'd like it. Then I tried it. Now I do!!! Thanks for all who worked on this project. Salute!!!

MJ- I also would like to have this option so I could move it to my second monitor and make it larger and easier to read. I made the change you outlined above to my installed Douglas C-117D V3, but it did not work. When I hit Shift 6 I get a message that nothing is mapped to Shift 6. It shows all the other Shift items that are mapped. I double checked the panel cfg file and the change I added matches your suggestion. I even did a copy and paste of your text for the window, but still no joy. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another step I have to do? Thanks. Love the plane.

Just copy/pasted it into my V3 panel.cfg and the 2D GPS shows just fine, both on Shift-6 and clicking on Monitor > Misc > "GPS". Anything unusual with your setup? Perhaps check if you have the fs9gps.cab in your main Gauges folder?​

here is all of the skins i have downloaded for the C-47 i saved them on one drive

drop into your sim Objects Airplanes folder no editing needed

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArRq6fxxTT8ElHwXhhmnp9mOTbyI

Thanks for all the repaints ! I didn't realize there were so many !

EDIT: Darn, 154 repaints and no Southern Airways. I've searched Flightsim AVSim, Simvation and here, SOH. The repaint may be here but I keep getting a 'database' error when I search.
All others I've found were for the default FSX DC-3.

EDIT: Darn, 154 repaints and no Southern Airways. I've searched Flightsim AVSim, Simvation and here, SOH. The repaint may be here but I keep getting a 'database' error when I search.

yep i search high and low for all of them :wavey:

41313791_10215249910274669_3557451609468305408_o.jpg

found Southern Airways for you i will update the skins pack soon :wavey:

Hi,

here is all of the skins i have downloaded for the C-47 i saved them on one drive
drop into your sim Objects Airplanes folder no editing needed
https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArRq6fxxTT8ElHwXhhmnp9mOTbyI

This is done with good intend i gather, yet strongly request to REMOVE this download as soon as possible.

Lot of repaints which are included have distribution limitations within there readme files. So distributing them this way you are not doing all the repainter a favour :pirate:.
Note the link also shows up now at different sites and fora.

So again, please remove this file.

Thank you!

Marcel

Just copy/pasted it into my V3 panel.cfg and the 2D GPS shows just fine, both on Shift-6 and clicking on Monitor > Misc > "GPS". Anything unusual with your setup? Perhaps check if you have the fs9gps.cab in your main Gauges folder?[/LEFT]
I have it working now.
Thanks.

Hi,This is done with good intend i gather, yet strongly request to REMOVE this download as soon as possible.Lot of repaints which are included have distribution limitations within there readme files. So distributing them this way you are not doing all the repainter a favour :pirate:.Note the link also shows up now at different sites and fora.So again, please remove this file.Thank you!Marcel
Thanks, I have stopped painting some time ago for this was one of reason.Also that Southern Airways is my paint http://hanimichal.wixsite.com/myaddonsfsx/c-47

Can't stop DME-sound and small monitor

Usually youonly see de COM1 light on the audio panel. Testing things I hit the DME-button.The light goes on, but I can’t get it of. As a result I hear a repeating Morsecode every time a NAV1 VOR/DME is active. I don’t hear anything when NAV2 isactive.
Secondproblem: When I start P3Dv4 with the new C-47 the monitor shows up very small.When I reload the plane, I get the monitor in normal size. Anyone any Idea? Otherwisegreat plane.
Roy

Attachments

• DME.jpg
    DME.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 86
MJAHN's C-117D V3

I just discovered Manfred Jahn's wonderful C-117D. I started with V2 but now I'm flying V3. Incidentally, I have some bootleg time in a C-117D while stationed in Iwakuni in the late 1970s.

Couple of Questions:

The panel contains an ADF but I can't find the ADF needle. Where's it hidden?
The fuel system in the V2 contained 6 tanks with an operative fuel selector panel. The V3 contains 4 tanks but the fule selector panel has several inop switches. How does one switch from the main to the aux tanks? The tail wheel on the MCAS Quantico appears bent when retracted. Is this just within the repaint?

I was a member of the Quantico Flying Club in the late 1970s, joining shortly after the C-117D was retired. Logged lots of hours drilling holes in the sky with one of the club's T-34s.

Thanks for the info.

James M Driskell

Back