• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

HU Modern VC (MVC) for C-47

Great looking stuff here. Can't wait.
I assume we will have it to use with P3Dv4.3?
I too would love to have the C-117 revived and updated with this panel, if possable. I should add, I am using only P3Dv4.3 now and of course the C-47 works really great there, so I hope for the C-117 for use with that program.
Thanks MJ for your great contribution to our virtual world.

The C-117 is at the finishing touches stage, and with some minor restrictions (payload manager, battery recharge) it runs fine on P3d V4.

The C-117 is at the finishing touches stage, and with some minor restrictions (payload manager, battery recharge) it runs fine on P3d V4.

Manfred, once this is completed and if it's not too much trouble, could you summarise what the latest versions of the C-47 and C-117 are, and which panels go with what. It will enable the absent-minded amongst us ( me ) to bring everything up to date.

I like the black panel. I really really do like that. Thanks for your ongoing work in this hobby.

Manfred, once this is completed and if it's not too much trouble, could you summarise what the latest versions of the C-47 and C-117 are, and which panels go with what. It will enable the absent-minded amongst us ( me ) to bring everything up to date. I like the black panel. I really really do like that. Thanks for your ongoing work in this hobby.

Paul, they are fully standalone and can be run side by side with C-117 V2 and C-47 3.1406. The only downside of the new versions is that some of the earlier HJN gauges (mainly Basler fuel system, payload mgr, and battery recharge) have been set inop.

Both package are uploading to the SOH lib right now.

C-47 MVC and C-117 V3 uploaded!

Awaiting clearance ...

FSX/P3D Modern VC (MVC) for Douglas C-47 V3

This package allows simmers to fly any of Manfred Jahn's V3 C-47s from a modern
VC complete with 3D GPS, radio and AP panels, annunciator screen, interactive
checklist, and 2D 'Monitor' panel. The package is full-scale standalone (165 MB zipped)
and includes two exterior models - a Piedmont Airlines C-47 and a ski-equipped US
Navy R4D-5. Models revised by Manfred Jahn, textures by Gordon (gman) Madison
and Nick Cooper, testing by Alan G. Ampolsk and Ralf Scholten. For further
credits (FDE, sounds, gauges, etc) refer to Jan Visser's (DIGITAL DAKOTA WORKS)
original C-47 V3 package.

Edit: this one's here already:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=220&id=24438

FSX/P3D Douglas C-117D, Super DC-3, R4D-8, V.3

This standalone package adds new startup procedures, automixture management, interactive
checklist, VC chatter and the 'Monitor' panel to a re-textured VC. The mods are largely based on
Jan Visser's (team DIGITAL DAKOTA WORKS) C-47 package. Models revised by Manfred Jahn,
textures by Gordon (gman) Madison and Nick Cooper, testing by Alan G. Ampolsk and Ralf
Scholten. Original historical research by John Detrick, flight dynamics by Alexander M. Metzger,
gauges, animations, and failure conditions by Hansjoerg Naegele.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=220&id=24439

Already been having a lot of fun with both of them, even though I will still favor the VVC over the MVC.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• C117D_MJ_2.jpg
    C117D_MJ_2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 41
  • C-47_V3_MJ_0.jpg
    C-47_V3_MJ_0.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 39
Is it possible to inaugerate this panel in the C47 aircraft so that we can make an entry of "modern panel "or just" panel" so that we only need one C47 aircraft with all it's repaints.

Cheers Chris

Is it possible to inaugerate this panel in the C47 aircraft so that we can make an entry of "modern panel "or just" panel" so that we only need one C47 aircraft with all it's repaints.

It's funny because that's how we started out on this project, working on just one big happy C-47 folder. But then we thought HD space isn't much of an issue these days and two folders do keep things much tidier than one, trial runs, setups without the current C-47 (these, incredibly, do exist) and the option of a clean deinstall included.

That said, you could try merging the new folders and files into your main C-47 folder yourself, but remember to keep track of all variant texture, panel, and model folders as well as texture and aircraft.cfg's. All of which, believe me, is really error prone and the net result, apart from saving a lot of HD space, is identical.

May I suggest a light gray color for the cockpit. It looks like most of the modern C-47 cockpits are painted that way.

In the early stages we had three color schemes, one clean light grey, one green, and one dark grey. Eventually the dark grey won out and we discontinued the others. Repainting is always an option.

Paul, they are fully standalone and can be run side by side with C-117 V2 and C-47 3.1406. The only downside of the new versions is that some of the earlier HJN gauges (mainly Basler fuel system, payload mgr, and battery recharge) have been set inop.

Thank you, Manfred.

I've just done my first circuit in the new C-117, and it is an absolute delight. The new VC is the final polish on what was already a superb model. If anyone needs a thoroughly enjoyable 'in-service' vintage cargo twin, they need look no further than this aircraft. Thank you very much for all your hard work, and of course, that goes to everyone else involved in it.

So, now to transfer the repaints across from version 2. :)

C-117 Sound

Hi all
I have recently downloaded the new C-117. I have not seen this before but the sound package shows everything to be present but the right engine startup and shutdown sounds do not play. I have re-downloaded the package twice with the same results. The folder shows that all files are present. Hope someone has an idea or suggestion. Other than this sound issue this seems another great airplane. Thanks for creating it.
Warren

appreciate the modern VC

I have my in-game voice (FSX CD) turned way down, but the voice acting level in this modern VC is still extremely high volume to the point of annoyance. Not sure there is a bulk program that could turn down every vocal bit.

Would at some point like to see a more lightly used firewall texture.

I like the color, it's just right for me but everyone has preferences.

The F11 key becomes inoperable when using this production on my computer, and I can no longer use the key to manually access the outside view.

It's a very well done modern VC, and something that I appreciate very much.

Hi all
I have recently downloaded the new C-117. I have not seen this before but the sound package shows everything to be present but the right engine startup and shutdown sounds do not play. I have re-downloaded the package twice with the same results. The folder shows that all files are present. Hope someone has an idea or suggestion.

Nothing missing on my setup. Perhaps try using the C-47 sound folder?

Hi Manfred
Nothing is missing in my folders either. Each file has data and none of them are empty but still a couple will not play. I did switch to my C-47 sound package and while I'm not sure the crank sequence is exact it works. Another observation is that once I have everything running and then do a shutdown and then a restart everything seems normal. I have seen this in one of my other aircraft as well - perhaps peculiar to my machine. In any case the C-117 flies well. Off to find some repaints.
Thanks
Warren

I have my in-game voice (FSX CD) turned way down, but the voice acting level in this modern VC is still extremely high volume to the point of annoyance. Not sure there is a bulk program that could turn down every vocal bit.

Perhaps a hardware- related issue? First time I've heard this reported. However, you can easily turn down the volume by going to the DGSounds subfolder (in folder panel.modern) and edit file CockpitSounds_C117.ini by adding a numerical value from -1 (loud) to -10000 (inaudible). For instance,

Sound177=\panel.modern\DGSounds\SND_Calls\AD-1.wav -5000

would considerably decrease the volume of this particular callout.

The F11 key becomes inoperable when using this production on my computer, and I can no longer use the key to manually access the outside view.

Never noticed that because I use the 'S/Shift-S' keys. However I am pretty sure you can edit the CameraDefinitions in aircraft.cfg in such a manner as to revert to the default behavior of the F9+ keys.

Back