• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

HU Modern VC (MVC) for C-47

C117, Everything works

Everything works well just in the checklist when doing the test warn light all the lights do not go out anymore, not doing the test without problems.

Outstanding release

Many kudos to Manfred and team. I thought you had hit the epitome of excellence in the 3.15 version, but somehow things just seems to work more completely and smoothly. Flap, gear callouts don't stutter and I like the new MVC. I'm not getting rid of the VVC, by any means, it's a nice touch. I liked the little "Back to Petersboro" ditty by the copilot (now we know why he's a copilot and not a singer :biggrin-new:). Only criticism is the lamp test doesn't go out and couldn't get fuel pressure in the green. No biggie, just won't do a lamp test. The "cranky engine start" is neat...I really like that. This plane is very period authentic in gauge and aircraft response behavior. Super job, gentlemen. Thank you for this wonderful gift. Time to get another external drive for all of the repaints. Also, one last shout out to Gman.. Love the Piedmont livery. great job... Thank you..Terry

F11 not accessing chase view

Never noticed that because I use the 'S/Shift-S' keys. However I am pretty sure you can edit the CameraDefinitions in aircraft.cfg in such a manner as to revert to the default behavior of the F9+ keys.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid I see nothing about camera definitions that would remedy the issue, or don't have enough knowledge about it which may be more likely. No idea about the following: gauge00=C47!Keys

Sorry guys, just a quick post that I will be incommunicado for about one week.

Dave: just google "fsx cameradefinitions tutorial" and you'll find a solution I am sure. Gauge00/Keys better leave well alone.

The F11 key becomes inoperable when using this production on my computer, and I can no longer use the key to manually access the outside view.

Hello,

I think that if you look for

HotKeySelect=1

in the aircraft.cfg file and change it/them to

//HotKeySelect=1

your problem will go away

tips

Really dig the modern VC, thanks for the tips. Would not mind seeing a few more worn spots on the firewall, nevertheless it's very well made

Cheers

I was trying this out and was really happy with it. The only thing I would wish to add would be a NAV/GPS button in the VC.

A very nice addition for my C-117. Still prefer the gorgeous VVC for my C-47 aircraft, however. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

A couple very minor things I noticed wrt the MVC in my C-117 :
1) Windshield wiper animation only visible in VC view, not in external views - ie. spot view etc.
2) Can the GPS be made to show as 2D pop-up either by right clicking mouse on top part of it while in VC view, or by using one of the function keys ? (Sometimes it's hard to see GPS info screens without zooming in on the dashboard.)

Thank-you, once again for another beautiful model.

MZ.

A couple very minor things I noticed wrt the MVC in my C-117 :
1) Windshield wiper animation only visible in VC view, not in external views - ie. spot view etc.
2) Can the GPS be made to show as 2D pop-up either by right clicking mouse on top part of it while in VC view, or by using one of the function keys ? (Sometimes it's hard to see GPS info screens without zooming in on the dashboard.)

Wiper animation missing in external view, yep, that's an oversight, well spotted.

AFAIK you can add the default 2D GPS 500. I know we did it initially. Try it as window05 (Shift-6) thus:

First, add a window title line to panel.cfg:

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main Panel
Window01=Fuel and Payload
Window02=Control Panel
Window03=Monitor
Window04=Clipboard
Window05=GPS
Window10=Monitor Help
Window11=Keys

Then add the default gauge like so, possibly adjusted for size:

[Window05]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=456,378
pixel_size=456,378
position=2
visible=0
ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,456,378

Thank you Mjahn for your upgrades for both C47/C117! The only little flaw I've noticed on both birds, is a quite strange thing that in the previous version didn't exist: when I load the aircraft and I click "Start fly" in FSX, and once the VC appears on the screen, there's a confused sound of voices, It seems that many call-out/phrases by both Captain and F/O overlap between them ...:biggrin-new: Then when I exit from FSX and the basic FSX window appear with the C47 (or C117) in the central part of it I hear the F/O voice saying only "Goodb" instead of "Goodby Captain" :pirate: - I've installed the new aircraft correctly, deleting all previous versions and my Platform is FSX Gold / Windows 7. Regards

Thank you Mjahn for your upgrades for both C47/C117! The only little flaw I've noticed on both birds, is a quite strange thing that in the previous version didn't exist: when I load the aircraft and I click "Start fly" in FSX, and once the VC appears on the screen, there's a confused sound of voices, It seems that many call-out/phrases by both Captain and F/O overlap between them ...:biggrin-new: Then when I exit from FSX and the basic FSX window appear with the C47 (or C117) in the central part of it I hear the F/O voice sayng only "Goodb" instead of "Goodby Captain" :pirate: - I've installed the new aircraft correctly, deleting all previous versions and my Platform is FSX Gold / Windows 7. Regards

"Deleting all previous versions" - why? The packages are standalone, allowing users free choice between them and earlier setups.

None of the testers here reported the conflicting voices you describe nor can I replicate them here now (but see edit, below). However, some of them are triggered by a random procedure so it may indeed happen on initialization. Partly it may also be due to the fact that the callouts are turned ON automatically on initialization (unlike in the earlier versions). The Monitor window also shows on initialization. You can use it or the title page of the checklist to turn the callouts off. For the goodbye sequence you could turn the callouts OFF before leaving the sim to avoid the clipped goodbye (which doesnt happen here).

I'll run a test to verify what I am saying here, one never knows ...

OK, correction, I do get a clipped voicebite on starting a fresh flight, but not when loading a saved flight, or when ending a session.

It's not difficult to edit the gauge that turns the callouts ON and makes the Monitor panel show. Let me know if interested.

"Deleting all previous versions" - why? The packages are standalone, allowing users free choice between them and earlier setups.

None of the testers here reported the conflicting voices you describe nor can I replicate them here now (but see edit, below). However, some of them are triggered by a random procedure so it may indeed happen on initialization. Partly it may also be due to the fact that the callouts are turned ON automatically on initialization (unlike in the earlier versions). The Monitor window also shows on initialization. You can use it or the title page of the checklist to turn the callouts off. For the goodbye sequence you could turn the callouts OFF before leaving the sim to avoid the clipped goodbye (which doesnt happen here).

I'll run a test to verify what I am saying here, one never knows ...

OK, correction, I do get a clipped voicebite on starting a fresh flight, but not when loading a saved flight, or when ending a session.

It's not difficult to edit the gauge that turns the callouts ON and makes the Monitor panel show. Let me know if interested.

Thank you and correction : I've deleted only the C117.V2 , so I've : C117.V3 - C47_MVC and C47 latest version (historic VC), and confused voices come from the first 2 packages. And I'd be interested in turning OFF the callouts :encouragement: Thank you

.. when I load the aircraft and I click "Start fly" in FSX, and once the VC appears on the screen, there's a confused sound of voices, It seems that many call-out/phrases by both Captain and F/O overlap between them ...:biggrin-new: Then when I exit from FSX and the basic FSX window appear with the C47 (or C117) in the central part of it I hear the F/O voice saying only "Goodb" instead of "Goodby Captain" :pirate: . Regards

I can say that this also happens to me as well, but I never paid much attention to it until now that someone else has brought it up.

Also, is there a way that the black rectangular control/monitor panel can be set not to pop up automatically when the C-117 is launched in FSX. I prefer to manually select it on/off using the shift-4 key as required.

My system is running FSX Deluxe Edition with SP1 & 2.

Thank-you, Manfred and Co., once again for these fantastic must have models.

MZ.

This is TOO COOL

Manfred and team, thank you so much for your fantastic aircraft. You guys go way above and beyond the call...Gonna go find my old USN C117 texture I had for NAS Alameda from the flashdrive archives and install the new guys into my FSX.

I found it

Back when last year when the original V3.1.3.4 came out I searched for and found the V2 repaint for Southern Airways and it is in identical DDS textures as the V3 textures are so its matches perfectly. I posted a couple shots back then and here are new ones with the new modern panel. Its beautiful thank you.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Southern Airways shot 1.jpg
    Southern Airways shot 1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Southern Airways Shot 2.jpg
    Southern Airways Shot 2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 34
Back