• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee

what's next?

I have an old Flyline Stearman C3B kit that I want to convert to a YPT-9 Cloudboy...something like this:

tdGh9ya.jpg

just a quick note: I started a youtube channel today and posted my first video there..Heywood Planes

it'll take me a while to build content but I plan to do all of my builds going forward under a GoPro camera and put them up. I have to get a clamp for the camera and as soon as it comes I'll be able to do the elapsed time vids and tips and tricks
tutorials etc.. For now all I have is an introductory vid as to what the channel is for.

If this information is considered promotional or out of line I will remove this post or understand if it is taken down..

just a quick note: I started a youtube channel today and posted my first video there..Heywood Planes

it'll take me a while to build content but I plan to do all of my builds going forward under a GoPro camera and put them up. I have to get a clamp for the camera and as soon as it comes I'll be able to do the elapsed time vids and tips and tricks
tutorials etc.. For now all I have is an introductory vid as to what the channel is for.

If this information is considered promotional or out of line I will remove this post or understand if it is taken down..

here's the link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbAea8pF8VufHtNr9mQv1Iw

"work work work..."

Looks to be well worth the time spent.
:encouragement:
Even my very brief foray back into 'plastics' was enjoyable, despite the reason for doing so.
Been dusting off a few of my unfinished small scale car scratch build projects, I have an itch for some CNC milling and a spicing of miniature panel beating that needs to be scratched!
I might even get this finished by year's end.

Eht1B1.jpg

:encouragement:

so here is a typical Lycoming R-680-11 radial engine.
XFHsIss.jpg

I am modifying this Williams Bros 1/12" scale P&W Wasp to look just like it (hopefully)
3NsL2Hu.jpg

..that's the plan anyway..

fuselage work continues..
MOUGrv7.jpg

this might look a bit rough, but I have yet much to do to prep it for paint..
5MuIkoE.jpg

landing gear has been fabricated and fitted...I'll need to pull it all off for paint - but it's done

j8W6e4T.jpg

pDwwyxN.jpg

1w7FnLh.jpg

a little more progress - the upper wing is not fixed into position just yet..just getting a sense of the overall effect so far, and you can see how big she is..
most of the planes I have built this way are 1/24" scale or 1/16" scale...this is 1/12" scale or 1" = 1'

qVlDtEF.jpg

s7YRGpt.jpg

HdScj8r.jpg

4dguXpo.jpg

I'll begin working on the outer wing struts and aileron push-rods over the next few days.

Once those are complete and installed, then the upper wing can go on - probably I'll fit the windscreens before I affix the wing..then the rigging and so on

Meanwhile - I'll be masking and adding the red stripes to the chevron and waist band, as well as finishing off the rudder colors

Quick question : I can’t decide whether to remove the forward cockpit cover and install a windscreen for it.. or leave it covered and only install a windscreen for the rear position. There is already a seat, panel, and control stick in there so its an easy option - I just cannot make the windscreens removable with my current skillset.
Any show of hands either way will help me decide while I’m putting the engine together
and thank you to all who have viewed this thread and or offered encouragement over the years
Thank You

decals applied - rigging completed - I'm using card stock as a template to fabricate the windscreen..once I have it as I want it, Ill lay it over the clear acetate and make the part, then mask and paint it

Pvf5hbj.jpg

WFK4ScX.jpg

Back