• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee

and mounted onto the biplane..

iQuT4s3.jpg

by far the most satisfying thing about this one was getting the engine modifications done - getting the P&W Wasp to look like the Lycoming engine

Guillow Aeronca Champ '85

new project is a civilian - the Aeronca Champ

I'll be putting it on floats and detailing the interior, adding a scratch-built Continental engine, and doing the other display model stuff I do.

mgX5ouJ.jpg

Always interesting!
:applause::applause::applause:
An FYI: I have a scratch build under way for a client.
Lots of mini panel beaten brass sheet at this point, attempting to put off molding up a set of mid fifties Pirellis until much later.
Bugger of a job.

Finally have the wings finished and installed. It took a while to get them laid up, infilled, shaped, sanded smooth and prepped for paint.

Here you can see she is standing up for the first time. The only struts left for me to fabricate are the trailing float struts - the mains and the wing support struts are all done.

The float struts are only attached to the floats in this image..I still have to paint them and the airplane so they are not glued to the Aeronca just yet.

The wing struts are also only fitted to the plane at this point - I'll take them off and paint them separately and then attach them after the air frame is painted.

hCcWl4M.jpg

I've added the intermediate wing struts and the step rails - also the oar has been fabricated, I just need to make the mounting brackets for it.

Also have yet to rig the rudder control lines and pulleys..not to mention the non-skid strips for the float decks - on and on it goes

9IKFqKI.jpg

58CQXX5.jpg

The Guillow Aeronca Champ '85 is complete

H80g0ls.jpg

htZNX2F.jpg

ZLYHKyr.jpg

88zTVlg.jpg

Hope you like it
If you want to see how it was made, please look me up on YouTube under "Heywood Planes"

i love seeing your work! i dont get in here much anymore.but ive thought about your models often,just yesterday really,spotted a kit of the WMF-5 ,seriously thought of getting it but my rc heavy equipment units keep me busy plus ive bought close to 1500 bucks worth of 1/25th scale big rig stuff for the winter.lol

Back