• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee

I appreciate you saying that, Dave - and as far as the 1/25 scale big rigs go, I have built a couple of those in my day too so I get it.
Some of these RC monsters are beyond belief.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v45FQH1ZcYo

I have had the big WACO in the cart a couple of times but haven't pulled the trigger yet either- one of these days though.

One thing I just cannot understand though - and I see it in every RC video, from planes, to cars and trucks, to boats (though rarely with boats..)
It's the empty cockpit!!! The empty cab!! The driver-less, pilot-less, empty machine rolling along or flying by with NO ONE at the controls...

Modeling a parked car, truck or airplane with no one aboard is of course fine and acceptable - but to see something that is supposed to be a scale representation of the real thing fly past with an empty seat, cabin, cockpit, is just wrong to me.
Why do RC model makers do that?

By the way - are you an ATS guy ? https://americantrucksimulator.com/

i was using ATS but had a moment of .....well i dont know,but i gave it all away,but ive bought a new wheel setup and am going to set it up again..i also bought a brand new pc and a 49inch curved screen..its awesome./.lol.

switching 'gears' again... Mack
23hh7rS.jpg

rNuH75m.jpg

3d9BCmg.jpg

effe7t3.jpg

MPC's Mack DM-600 1/25" scale

it's a work in progress. I have always liked the style of the earlier Mack trucks - from the 60's essentially..
The colors are Racing White and British (racing) Green from Tamiya.
I wanted to get a PNW logging truck look to it.
The kit is the MPC model - there is at least one other Mack from this era by AMT just for clarity.
The inspiration came from both my appreciation for the style of the Mack as well as from the simulator American Truck Sim..there is a 3rd party mod creation of a similar Mack that I have outfitted for logging contracts.

I still have the balsa Grumman in the works - not abandoned - as well as a few other aircraft to build so we'll get back to that work shortly.

I just needed to get this out of my system
BxhYE6B.jpg

final and complete..I think

yQ3WmHs.jpg

iwCa3iA.jpg

the radio masts are made from guitar strings..it's kind of a theme now I guess

I've been working sporadically, as time allows, on the Dumas Lockheed Air Express...just haven't taken any pictures of it.
I've also received the dummy Wasp engine from Williams Bro's and have it basically assembled and I have gotten the decal sheet for the Roscoe Turner piloted Gilmore aircraft from Callie Graphics. She has done a beautiful job on them and I can't wait to see this model wearing them.
I should be able to post some progress shots soon - but I'm afraid there isn't much to show yet..still infilling the fuselage (around 30% complete)
If you want to see some of that and can't wait for the still shots here you can look at the channel 'Heywood Planes' on youtube
So much to do - so little time lol

current status of the Dumas Lockheed Air Express - Gilmore Oil sponsored aircraft...

this represents about 20% of the total effort - maybe less than that

TymmZJ8.jpg

some progress to show..
E5JvaCe.jpg

W0KexKi.jpg

2ZY6UHR.jpg

the cowling is almost done - just have to detail and then reinsert the vacu-formed engine facia and it'll be ready for paint prep.

The main LG wheel pants are ready to prep for paint but the fuselage still needs most of its infill work yet before it can be sanded and spackled to proper shape.

You can see where I have installed the magnet into the firewall. This will secure the Williams Bro's dummy engine for the version of this aircraft before the NACA cowling was added. Then when I want the cowling version I'll just remove the dummy motor and install the cowling with its engine facia for that look. All because the Williams Bro's dummy motor won't fit into the cowling without cutting, hinging, cursing and swearing..

fuselage infill is complete. I have applied the spackle and sanded her down to a fairly smoooth condition - and added the forward landing gear struts and wheels. The next step will be to add the trailing LG struts and then the tailwheel assy. I had to fabricate and install the gear legs prior to paint because of the level of difficulty. So many intersections and variables had to be worked out in order to keep it all fair and square that there just wasn't any other way but to fabricate and install now. should be a hoot to mask and paint that Gilmore scheme now, yeah? lol

xul9W40.jpg

FVbefkH.jpg

3ZURpEE.jpg

tail wheel added - morning sunlight and from the bench
ZONRL9T.jpg

9LewEfe.jpg

empennage added along with the fairings and fillets
T2zl28y.jpg

rmSP35b.jpg

I've just laid up the wing and begun the infill work on it..wont be much to show until that work is done and I can begin to shape and sand it..

I am also working on the motor(s) for this plane. One will be loose and can be attached magnetically to the firewall - the other will be part of the cowling. Both will need a lot of work done to make them look proper and scale.

I hope to be able to post a few update pictures this weekend. I have not been able to work on the project as much as I would like due to other requirements on my time but what there is I will share as soon as possible.

I repeated myself here,but great work my friend,I know I’m always saying this but I’m now gathering the supplies to do a 1/25th scale Mack B61 tractor with a tank trailer,but I’m doing it as a private contract water tender for fire suppression.im actually going to do several,single and duel drive tractors,with a full sized (40ft) trailer using a 3D printer trailer depicting the fuel truck from the movie duel,and then 20 ft trailers.some will be “show truck” finished and at least one dirtied up,and maybe a diorama with some drafting off a small bridge,what I have in mind is a pump trailer,or a pickup with a pump for a bed,or in the bed,that the other water tenders would fill from,I’m thinking of using a 55chevy camio kit and scratch build a body.ive finally have my boat set up so I don’t have crap everywhere,so now I can mess it all up with model building stuff,lol.btw the Mack’s are all resin kits .

finally the wing is completely infilled - I have sanded it to shape and applied one layer of spackle..many more to follow.
While finishing the wing and between sanding bouts I need to fabricate and install the wing to fuselage mounting struts. Also
need to finish detailing both motors and get the cowling done and fully prepped for paint. After that it will be time to work out the painting
processes and procedure.
Djzs8bp.jpg

OzHI4SY.jpg

A quick note to all at Sim Outhouse: I hope you are all doing well and staying safe wherever you are.
I am grateful to all who have created, supported, contributed to, and participated in the conversations here on these forums and to those who have viewed or commented on this thread. Please take care during the situation we’re in - we’ll get to the other side of it best we can.

Back