• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee

I was tricked by this kit the same way as by the Aeronca. It looks simple/basic until you get into it.
For a little project it has endless facets and details. I have never done many of these steps, from using solder to ‘weld’ railings together to shaping basswood and pine blocks etc...
I’m hoping the final outcome, with the flatbed trailer and semi truck, is worth it.

a few images of the USCG utility boat build..
hnUnDSv.jpg

N91iQ0O.jpg

and with the truck and trailer..
X9plgyz.jpg

FX2XdBN.jpg

Thank you - it was a project inspired by my grandson and a trucking simulator I had been using before my PC melted..
the little feller just loves trucks and enjoys hanging out in the ol’ hangar with poppop when I’m working.
so I figured I’d do a couple of things just for him.

The P-47 project will be a Bubble top version. The kit only includes that canopy and I have no equipment or experience in vacu-forming.
I should be able to post some progress soon

slow start. I had a severe cold last week so I went and got tested. test result was negative for covid - just a 'normal' cold, but at least I know it wasn't
'the thing'
Here is what we have so far.

lgWtFso.jpg

UJHPPFo.jpg

YIVLOjL.jpg

updates? I hear people in the community love updates..

I have been working on the business end of my P-47 for many days now...
tyMxGMo.jpg

here you can see the inner-cowling, super charger chin scoop air intake being fabricated and fitted to the air frame
5iljKOI.jpg

and here is a look at the R2800 being fitted to the air frame.
qxceqLg.jpg

as you can see, the Guillow engineer cut the cowling in half. The firewall should be at the second fuselage former or bulkhead (former #2) and there should be no former #1 - the plastic part of the cowling should
be about twice as long as it is. This is why my engine is buried in former #1 and why I'll have to work very hard to erase the seam where the plastic meets the balsa at the nose of this juggernaut

jmlcSnp.jpg

..hopefully MY updates won't break any of the aircraft models or other modifications you have previously installed..

now for the second act : P-47 Wing

first the structure is laid up..
nO4o4OB.jpg

all of the ribs added, dihedral is set..
PamW09r.jpg

then the retractable LG piano wire cores installed..
EOgc4dq.jpg

next is the infill, sanding and shaping etc..

Back