• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee

just the mirrors are left to be added..
8uxZUad.jpg

final and complete - with a flatbed trailer attached..now with 100% more side view mirrors and turn signals

LXHl183.jpg

I went to the local shop to find it in 1/48 scale but all they had in stock was the Razorback and in 1/72...
CP9yJXo.jpg

sometimes I'll use Tamiya kits as reference for my larger balsa projects since they tend to get the details right generally.
My vision is not as good as it once was and these tiny canopies give me fits now apparently.

Hey John - that must have been rough at times. I did a bit of driving, mostly box trucks on local routes - Vegas was as far as I got from So Cal - Drove some Ford F600 and F800 commercial towing vehicles for a minute.

Have you seen this guy's videos? The trucks are almost as good as that Boston accent
https://youtu.be/PDT6RlZYuFo

Yes it was rough I was pulling 3 42ft double deck cattle trailers with it and it wasn't very fast all dirt roads back then in 1971-2 from the Northwest of Western Australia no aircon no radio she was hot

Yes it was rough I was pulling 3 42ft double deck cattle trailers with it and it wasn't very fast all dirt roads back then in 1971-2 from the Northwest of Western Australia no aircon no radio she was hot

Kimberley? Broome, Derby, Wyndham and so on...I had a buddy who moved to Perth years ago but have lost touch over time...

Yeah all the meat works up there BTW I live 40KM south West of Kalgoorlie in Coolgardie retired back to the goldfields were I was born

Last edited:
that region has a colorful history - the gold rushes of the 1800's were sprawling.
I hope you all have a milder summer this year John -

Heywood Planes on youtube

For those who don't know I have a youtube channel available where I post MSFS videos - no narration, just in-game captures, occasionally with music soundtracks added at low volume, as well as some build progress, and otherwise descriptive videos of the static display models I have built.
if anyone is interested the link is here - Heywood Planes - YouTube
and in my signature.
The channel was never intended to be a revenue source and is far from becoming one (for me that is - youtube adds commercials to every video that has over 100 views but that is revenue they use to maintain that colossal enterprise of theirs) .
I started making the build vids as a way of answering questions about the projects I had done from this and other forum communities that still photos couldn't answer, and because I like doing the 'work'..
Since I am an avid flight sim enthusiast I have also posted some MSFS content (more recently) to help maintain regular input and keep things 'fresh' as it were.
I thought some folks here might find them interesting maybe, is the only reason for this post.
As you were then..

almost a quarter of a million views to date - quite a milestone.
Hopefully there will be a few more projects to post progress on..

Last edited:
working on an Autocar A64B
yzs0VJF.jpg

this is what I was inspired by..
eXeVri1.jpg

..also - as you can see, I have done some more infill work on the P-47 wing

Im glad i came into this thread to see what youve been up to.ive subscribed and am looking forward to viewing your videos.id also like to ask if you'd give me some guidance on how to make videos and posting them to youtube,i have a channel,but ive never uploaded anything.and id like to.thanks

For those who don't know I have a youtube channel available where I post MSFS videos - no narration, just in-game captures, occasionally with music soundtracks added at low volume, as well as some build progress, and otherwise descriptive videos of the static display models I have built.
if anyone is interested the link is here - Heywood Planes - YouTube
and in my signature.
The channel was never intended to be a revenue source and is far from becoming one (for me that is - youtube adds commercials to every video that has over 100 views but that is revenue they use to maintain that colossal enterprise of theirs) .
I started making the build vids as a way of answering questions about the projects I had done from this and other forum communities that still photos couldn't answer, and because I like doing the 'work'..
Since I am an avid flight sim enthusiast I have also posted some MSFS content (more recently) to help maintain regular input and keep things 'fresh' as it were.
I thought some folks here might find them interesting maybe, is the only reason for this post.
As you were then..

Hi Daveroo - thanks for subscribing to the channel.
I have two methods for posting videos, one for the builds and another for the flight sims
I use a GoPro camera to record the builds, then transfer those recordings to my laptop where they can then be uploaded to YT. The camera has a built-in microphone so I feel compelled to try and provide something more than the clatter of tools and my heavy breathing - so these are narrated..
The PC recordings are made with Nvidia’s Experience overlay. This is why there is no narration from me - just the video and audio captured ‘in-game’….and those recordings can be then uploaded to YT directly.
I hope that this is helpful.

the beginning of the end of this project...

headlight shrouds made from card stock and loops of solder
oVRbjSu.jpg

Hi,yes thanks on the YT help,the truck ,you use a AITM resin cab?..thats a good lookin truck.ive about got my apartment set up..i moved from the boat in california to price utah on June 1st.im just now about ready to start some builds.got a long list of projects.gonna give me hours of fun.yay

Back