• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee

lifting fenders
3AYWqC3.jpg

moving along..
vtLxAxu.jpg

these semi truck tractor projects don't often run smoothly - so many fit issues, parts quality issues, etc that getting a proper build done is almost a miracle.
This product of MPC / Round2 is another example of that.
I have the major components of the build complete, all that's left is to add the little final details - badges, latches, hand rails and mirrors.

It'll likely be finished completely later today or tomorrow

the idea on this build was to recreate a MATS or Mid-Atlantic Truck Show style of restored and polished 'classic' semi tractor truck from the 'old school' - and not a working or worn out example..
ywbUttk.jpg

SND4EdH.jpg

Co2pXGO.jpg

Nice - that's a perfect frame of reference for these DM series Macks - Fred would appreciate it for sure lol

yes the hobby has grown in two important ways - first is the incredible actual growth of the hobby reflected across the board by the sudden abundance of new plastic kits from old and new mfgs alike...along with new subject matter as well within each line catalog.
the same is true for balsa and RC kits including the foamies.
Unfortunately the other growth has been the in rising unit costs of most of these products as well as in the peripherals like paints, adhesives, tapes, and similar.

In the short three years or so that I've been running the Heywood Planes channel kits costs have nearly doubled and are still rising. It has caused me to slow down a bit on the balsa kits especially.
Right now the cost of the materials I would typically use to finish just one balsa display kit costs much more than the kit itself.

I can say it has had the effect of making me much more circumspect when it comes to choosing what to buy and reduced how many projects I can afford to build in a fiscal year lol

It is the way things are going at the moment and I don't see it getting any better one of the reasons I stopped flying R/C models the prices are way out of hand now

CnWcXBG.jpg

I've done a little work on the P-47D project in the last couple of days...
The wing is completely sheeted on the bottom as are the flaps - I'll need to infill the wing upper surface leaving just a few
openings to access the flap hinges until most of the sanding and sizing is done. It feels good to be back on task. I guess we'll see if it lasts -
I'm optimistic about getting this one completed though - now that it's back in mind and on the bench

ok - there's a LOT of work to do to make this look like a proper P-47 wing - heavy sanding and shaping, not to mention the entire upper surface still needs to be infilled.
Landing gear struts and wheels need to be fabricated, the gear wells need to be detailed and the main gear doors need to be made and fitted to the struts.

Not a lot to say or write out - but a lot to DO to make it happen.

Then there's still more fuselage work to do as well - along with the tail surfaces. This one is far from home yet. Paint and markings, panel lines and weathering...all in the distance still.
And then there are the other projects still in their boxes - like the one in my sig below - the Sandman is coming

I have settled on the paint scheme for this model

Dbv9mKH.jpg

it's been a while since I have done a checkered cowling but I'm willing to take a run at it on this project.

I have resumed posting build videos of the P-47 project at Heywood Planes channel on YT - for those interested in that sort of thing.
the link is in my sig, below

Back