• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee

the trucks are all built straight from the box - no resin castings were used. I only augment these builds with solder, aluminum tubing, and card stock or sheet styrene.
I hear there are some nice places in Utah - looking forward to visiting the Parks there someday. Brice, Zion, etc..
AS06xly.jpg

f1u0SF7.jpg

cjjHaYH.jpg

very nice Autocar.

to get started back into the hobby,im going to build a few basically box stock,with just engine mods and details etc.ive got two international loadstar cabs from AITM ,ones going to be a wildland engine which will be based on the one i was engineer on for ten years..BUT..for the life of me,i cant recall exactly how the pump panel was laid out.well i do,,but i dont..anyway..im talking to some of the old crew and putting it together..lol..and i have a bunch of Mack B models.

one more plastic project - the 1/9th scale WLA 750 Harley from Italeri...but as a civilian

evMi9XE.jpg

it's going to take a while..

THIS is the target
Wrq9ANT.jpg

I'll be making those fender skirts out of .020 sheet styrene - aside from that everything is in the kit.

working on the fender skirts..

Fyj8vHA.jpg

this is just a test fit - still need to paint the chrome trim strip on the fenders before these skirts are attached

front fender light, tail light, license frame and plate attached..

I modified the tail light bracket (cut it down to make it skinnier for the single light can) and also the front fender light (made a lens for it out of balsa with a ring of solder)

xisiikI.jpg

bYk5XQR.jpg

another bike now - this one is a Tamiya Yamaha Virago XV1000 - modified lil' bit

yk5nMwx.jpg

ChZN6Pf.jpg

03uo6YB.jpg

PDqVPhA.jpg

For my grandson - who loves motorcycles and the color RED

Nostalgia can be expensive..

years and years ago - before the turn of the century, I started building plastic model aircraft.
One of the first successful builds back then was the 1/32 scale Monogram Grumman Gulfhawk.
icYB2fy.jpg

Since AH has reprised their Grumman F3F for MSFS I started thinking about that old kit. So I found one on ebay and bought it.
xHOupGb.jpg

Now - it was supposed to be in good condition - not started, all parts accounted for - plans and canopy intact...but the reality?
A couple of LG parts (and some others as well) were missing, some were glued together incorrectly and poorly, and there were other parts that were broken.
JIIIWn6.jpg

But I cleaned up what I could, found and ordered a set of LG parts made of white metal, and tried to make the LG operable as the kit was known for that feature.
Unfortunately there was just too much damage to overcome - so I modeled it with the gear down.
a5SPvlW.jpg

awaiting the decals from Callie Graphics as the sheet included with the kit was thrashed and unusable.
I should have it completed by the end of next week and will post those final pics then.

all of that brings us to THIS
PpTI1x1.jpg

a 1/24 scale balsa F3F that can be modeled as the Navy fighter - or as the Gulfhawk with shorter wingspan and bump-cowl etc..

naturally I will make it a display model and infill most of the build. Not sure yet whether it will be the Navy or the Airshow version but that LG might have to be operable if I can find or make a couple of sprockets to fit it

Just ran in to this thread and went through several pages, and all I can say is

"Wowwww"

I bought a DC-3 model last year (1:48) was hard to find one. Have been getting back in to model building (did a lot of that many years ago).

Still have a model kit of a Kenworth and Peterbilt truck waiting to me touched. All brand new in the box.

The DC-3 kit was shipped from Hong Kong and took 2 months to arrive.

Just bought the right colors, as I will be modifying it to represent the KLM "The Flying Dutchman" , but have also been thinking of making it a 'Martin's Air".

I found it is hard to find decals for the 1:48 scale model, so might end up hand painting most of it.

Seeinvg your work of art surely inspires me to get on with my project, even though not as detailed as your work.

well I'm glad you have enjoyed the builds so far - Thank You for the encouragement Manfred !

Speaking of the DC-3 - I have acquired the Guillow 1/32 scale balsa model recently and plan to do the Western Airlines livery - it
was my favorite for the DC-3 you had made for FSX
5XAm6hD.jpg

The decals were made for me by Callie Graphics and she can literally do any livery in any scale you like - Callie Graphics (callie-graphics.com)
I plan to add LED lights to it and make the gear operable.

That build will begin when I complete the P-47
I started this thread before the pandemic when I was involuntarily retired from my job of 35 years - Ageism is real folks..
Then, after the scourge began I started the youtube channel and worked on these more recent kits - I think the Air Express was in mid production at that time - to stay upbeat
and to have a daily distraction from the news.
The most recent balsa kit - the P-47 project got stalled when I lost motivation..it comes and goes and is hard at times to maintain. It has been a year since I worked on it much.
about 2 months ago I decided to see if I could 'prime the pump' with a couple of plastic builds and since I have American Truck Sim and had always been a fan of the COE style trucks
I bought a few of those. Then the motorcycles.
Now I think its just about time to get back on the Jug and get 'er done.

final pics of the plastic Grumman Gulfhawk -

Lzx9zYB.jpg

4PEQD1g.jpg

CpYMzX6.jpg

not a terrific outcome for me - but I will be able to use it for reference (panel lines, compartment and inspection covers) on the balsa project later

so - R series Mack trucks..
7bPUZcP.jpg

t73Thwb.jpg

lPGTLgK.jpg

my grandson loves these big trucks - so what can I say but 'sure kid - here ya go'

fitting this one together is tricky - between the lifting fenders, the clamshell hood, and the plumbing to connect the intake and exhaust parts to the engine, frame and cab it's going to be a ride

AwbPVw2.jpg

Back