• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee

more wing shaping and sanding
K0JrqPz.jpg

thanks, John - It took a while but it feels good to be back on this project again. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it rolling along.
I'm about to begin on the main LG legs and retraction method for this kit. Then I can button up the main gear wells, finish the upper surface infilling, and get the wing properly
prepped for paint.
Once that's done I can return to the fuselage and get the tail surfaces installed, then finish the cockpit area. I need to fabricate a gunsight and finish the canopy centerline rail - paint the pilot and so on.
She should come together in relatively short order given that the fuselage was so far along already.

I really want to see a good outcome on this project - the P47 is one of my personal favorite aircraft for so many reasons.

I appreciate the encouragement John -
I have posted some recent build vids to the channel as of last night

alright - so there isn't much to show that looks new - but the wing has been treated to more surface preparation - sanding, filling and sealing.
YgLZkTx.jpg

Also - I am working on the wheel wells - far from completed but going in the right direction..hopefully
dY1M1EO.jpg

thanks, John - Appreciate you.

it's been slow going with all the real world intrusions - don't these people know that my 'work' is important? lol
anyway - I'm still cleaning up and detailing the wheel wells and landing gear legs.
We're still a ways from 'standing her up' as I like to call that point where the model stands on it's own LG for the first time, but progress is progress whether it's slow or fast
oMRQ2xm.jpg

the work continues - currently adding a couple of build videos to the channel - should be up over the next couple of hours.
n8iq20u.jpg

uDZXWus.jpg

more LG work

work continues - now the main gear doors as well as determining the cutout for the gear well fairings
9RFhehp.jpg

Q3CWzwF.jpg

Added the inner doors or 'stiffeners' to the main gear doors - they'll need to be refined and shaped to fit inside of the wheel well fairings oncce those are fabricated and installed.
work work work

still hoping to do justice to the Jug - thanks for checking in John - always appreciated.

I should have something to post here and to the channel soon

Glm1rQO.jpg

early on in the process of refining the P-47 wing - miles to go on it yet.
..now, keep this in mind fellers - she won't be perfectly to scale, but I will do whatever I can to the best of my humble ability.
Thanks for viewing the thread - and the channel - if you've wandered over there at all

I'm still here and still working on the LG for the P-47D

2gp5jz1.jpg

as you can see I'm having to make adjustments to the overall scale appearance of these LG components to get to a decent representation of retractable P-47 LG - not to mention the engineering of getting it to retract and fit into the wells.
Why do I do these things? It's a question I can't answer. But I can tell you there will be a couple of videos posted in a day or two that talk about the struggle LOL

All just a mock up but this way I can see the dihedral, stance, the proportion of the gear legs, wheels, and doors as complete assemblies when compared to the airframe..to see if we're on the right road.
IgjGxYx.jpg

we've still got miles and miles to go yet, but it is beginning at last to look like an airplane maybe - lil bit

a friend of mine and the person who's model craftsmanship inspired me to try the balsa infill method has most of his builds posted
here at Virtual Aerodrome -----> Virtual Aerodrome - Model Aircraft Gallery - Keil Kraft Fairey Gannet

This is his rendition of the Fairey Gannet
k2zOhnh.jpg

Here is his T-28 Trojan Virtual Aerodrome - Model Aircraft Gallery - Berkeley North American T-28 Trojan
8c1n9iw.jpg

you can page through these builds and many others, by David Duckett, or any of the other model builders, when you browse this site

I know it doesn't look like much has been accomplished in the last week or so, but what I have managed to do is get the brake lines installed and the
hydraulic pump cannisters started.
I'm still shaping and sizing the hardpoints so they're just laid on to see if we're getting somewhere on those. Then they'll be detailed with the ordy attachment clamps and so on.
All that is left to make for the wing assembly to be complete is the remaining MG barrels.
In the center of the wing you can see the part that will be modified to replicate the engine cowl flaps ring around the forward fuselage. The attachment of this part will be a whole
process unto itself, but at least it will mark the beginning of the final steps I need to take to get the fuselage done.
Still many miles to go yet before the wing can be attached to the fuselage.
75YWKmJ.jpg

Back