• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Inspired by A2A Piper Cherokee

most of the panel lines are done - paint is done.

She needs decals, final cockpit and canopy assemblies, and the clear coat

CZKNpiX.jpg

for my first message Id like to say the new forum looks much better.
I prefer a 'Dark' theme however - the bright white murders my eyeballs once the sun goes down..

still a few more stencils and details to add, gunsight, radio mast, pitot tube, munitions and external tank - but these are the insignia and larger decals on
BS5GWl2.jpg

for those who may have caught it - the Hun Hunter XIV was the earlier Razorback version - the Hun Hunter XVI is the Bubbletop.

I missed it when Callie sent the artwork for my approval - then - when I caught it it was too late - the order had been shipped.
I had sent her the photograph that I have been using along with my request for the decals but I figured she probably had a job folder marked 'Hun Hunter' (she said she had made the decals in other scale sizes many times so it saved me money on the artwork) but I guess they never realized there was more than one Hun Hunter. Now - I probably could have swapped the 'I' and the 'V' myself with some amount of pickery - but in the end I just used the set as it lay. Full disclosure - now if anyone wants to do the Aeroplane Heaven P-47 Razorback in the Hun Hunter scheme you know which order the Roman numerals should be in.

Thank you, John - I appreciate you. This one took a while. The Jug is an absolute favorite of mine.

I hope folks enjoyed the P-47D-40 build..
next up is the Guillow DC-3 done up in the Western Airlines Native American motif

5XAm6hD.jpg

I've added the pitot tube, radio antenna wire, and inner LG door struts
m9cWokM.jpg

The Guillow 1000 series kits can be built up into a fair representation of the aircraft they are based on.
In fact - most of their kits are very good as a starting point for building nice scale representations.
We'll see how their big Corsair F4u turns out when the time comes...

hey Snuffy - yes - it's called 'slope soaring' and it's pretty great. Those planes looked to be scale and not have elongated wings - no propulsion aside from the initial toss

Back