• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Isn't This Beautiful

Yes, I bought the Flight Replicas B-24 just last year, and it probably is my favorite WWII heavy in any simulator at present. It ports fairly well to MSFS as well, and looks even better there. The cockpit offers a lot of eye candy in VR.

August

That's Cool

Yes, I bought the Flight Replicas B-24 just last year, and it probably is my favorite WWII heavy in any simulator at present. It ports fairly well to MSFS as well, and looks even better there. The cockpit offers a lot of eye candy in VR.

August
if Mike from FR is reading this he will be pleased to know it works in MSFS well too and I can just imagine how great it looks with those graphics. I am unable to run it with my graphics card or P3D V5.3. I do love running P3D V4.5 on it. and can run it on that I am sure.

Next to the Flight Replicas Liberator there is of course also the Virtavia model. Perhaps not as detailed, but a nice model for a reasonable pirce.

MuBbDzf.jpg

ttEs5Vo.jpg

i3F09W0.jpg

pFzmnlk.jpg

Cheers,
Huub

Alphasim

Next to the Flight Replicas Liberator there is of course also the Virtavia model. Perhaps not as detailed, but a nice model for a reasonable pirce.

MuBbDzf.jpg

ttEs5Vo.jpg

i3F09W0.jpg

pFzmnlk.jpg

Cheers,
Huub
I agree wholeheartedly. I started with Alphasim's and then Virtavia's before the Flight Replica me and a friend beta testing theirs and ultimately flying it.

March Updates From The Calendar

Saturday and Sunday were the Nieuport 24 WWI biplane https://www.justflight.com/product/flysimware-1917-nieuport-24 this is also at other stores but i found no freeware for it.

Monday yesterday was the Curtiss Wright CW-19R which i found nowhere online freeware or payware.

Today is the Grumman F6F Hellcat: A.F. Scrub free version I found here: https://www.fs2000.org/2014/04/11/fs2004fsx-grumman-hellcat/ and Vertigo Studios/Real Flight's payware version can be found here and others: https://vertigostudios.co.uk/product/f6f-hellcat/

Check them out if you're interested in any. More again later this week.

Today's Entry for March 30th

This one will be very familiar to everyone since they have been around since FS2002 or maybe before: The Douglas C-47 also known as the Skytrain or Dakota. They have served with a lot of countries but is most famous for D-Day and The China-Burma-India theatre. For freeware for FS9: https://simviation.com/1/download-file?file=c-47_basepack_fs9.zip&fileId=36023 It took me almost a half hour to find this basepack. Every other online source had nothing but tons of textures for this and a lot of others.

For FS9 payware there was no better than the MAAM-Sim C-47 which you can still get at their site for those die-hard FS9 flyers as well as a conversion package to make it FSX compatible. There are also a ton of textures for this one.

For FSX and beyond the best hands-down C-47 is our very own Manfred Jahn Team C-47 with its own thread here in SOH and is in our Warbirds Library. There are also a lot of textures for it.

Then Aeroplane Heaven has made their C-47 and DC-3 over at ORBX for FSX and P3D all versions for free download. You just have to register with ORBX for free to download them.

The DC-3 Virtual Airway is a great place to get all kinds of information and if you join you can qualify as a virtual DC-3 pilot. If you are interested check them out:
https://dc3airways.net/

Here's Another Beautiful Rare Gem

[FONT=&quot]Cessna C-37 Airmaster. The Cessna Airmaster is the plane that rescued the Cessna Aircraft Company from oblivion in the 1930’s. Clyde Cessna was a self-taught and well known early barnstormer, racer, and designer of aircraft, and he had gone into business during the 20’s building aircraft professionally. Some early examples of his work include the Cessna AW. Clyde Cessna was also involved in the Travel Air company, which is where a number of early aviation pioneers got their start (including Walter Beech and Lloyd Stearman). A special thanks to: Milton Shupe for permission to use his engine start effect and allow me to modify it for the Airmaster,[/FONT][FONT=&quot]By David Wooster

This was created for FS9 and Golden Wings but it probably will work in FSX though as a port-over I am not sure about Prepar3D V4 and almost certain it won't work in V5.
It is a really nice model and I had never heard of it before.
https://www.flightsim.com/files/file/196580-fs2004gw3-cessna-c-37-airmaster/
CMJAZtN.jpg

[/FONT]

This was created for FS9 and Golden Wings but it probably will work in FSX though as a port-over I am not sure about Prepar3D V4 and almost certain it won't work in V5.
It is a really nice model and I had never heard of it before.

Tried it in P3D_V4.5. . .initially it could not produce an image in the aircraft selection menu. . .I went with it anyway. It did load, gauges were all loaded, VC looked normal. . .but. . .once outside there were parts missing (tires) and other control surfaces were either missing or in the wrong configurations. Too bad, close but no cigar!

In another aircraft

Tried it in P3D_V4.5. . .initially it could not produce an image in the aircraft selection menu. . .I went with it anyway. It did load, gauges were all loaded, VC looked normal. . .but. . .once outside there were parts missing (tires) and other control surfaces were either missing or in the wrong configurations. Too bad, close but no cigar!
[/COLOR]
I found with a different aircraft, I don't remember which one i tried in P3D V4.5 that it was missing textures that I identified in the model in MDCx and copied from the FS9 aircraft and they got textured. If it is a model problem then no such luck I imagine. For my OWN use I was able to convert the model from FS9 to P3D V4 successfully and not lose animations even though I was told that would happen in this case it didn't. That is when I went looking for missing textures like tires.

Another thing I noticed. . . .no texture for the VC panel. The 2D is ok (I don't use 2D panels and haven't since the advent of the VC).

Agreed

I did not know that Piglet made all his models available in the Library. Thank you for that information.

I did not know that Piglet made all his models available in the Library. Thank you for that information.

To keep track of his model he only uploaded them here and at Flightsim.com. He also did this, as this way he only had to check two forums, with possible questions or remarks about his models.

Cheers,
Huub

The Avro Lancaster Bomber

Saturday and Sunday, Easter Sunday this week the calendar features the Avro Lancaster. Famous for its raid on the dam in Germany and publicized in the movie Dambusters. First Class Simulations developed their model of this famous bomber in 2014 for FS9 but it does work in FSX and is available online from the payware etailers by a Google Search.

The Aeroplane Heaven MkX version for FSX is available for free at FS2000 at this link:https://www.fs2000.org/2021/01/05/fsx-aeroplane-heaven-lancaster-mk-i/ though it is not at ORBX Aeroplane Heaven generously released this freeware since they are in the process of developing a very detailed version for MSFS like other aircraft.

This bomber is as famous to the British as the B-17 is to Americans. The Lancasters flew night missions and the B-17s and B-24s flew daytime missions to carpet bomb Germany 24 hours a day during WWII.

5RV06hH.jpg

Back