• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Isn't This Beautiful

See...

And the image is from the MSFS version (in case you thought WOW!!!) :biggrin-new:.

Cheers,
Huub
That's what happens when you try and do stuff at late at night. Thank you guys for the heads up. I looked on ORBX and wondered why if they released it that it was not there with the other freeware now I know. Can't fool you guys. LOL. Didn't really mean to. sorry

Don't worry, I know the feeling. A last quick post before I go to bed, and when I read it the next morning, I wonder what I actually tried to say :biggrin-new:

The AH Lancaster for FSX/P3D is still available at JustFlight for the price of 34.95 Euros. https://www.justflight.com/product/lancaster-b-mk-one

Be aware; When my memory is still correct, the tanker is only available in the P3D versions......

Cheers,
Huub

The LI-16 Aeronca Champ

Today's spotlight is on the Aeronca Champ. For a while I thought that there was only a payware version by CR1 but down the page, Long island Creations. It is FSX Acceleration test in Windows XP and includes not only 4 repaints but also special sound package by Aaron Swindle. If you want the payware version it is at quite a number of e-tailers online that I found by Googling it. The LI Creations version is here at Simviation: https://simviation.com/simviation/?type=item&ID=61&page=14

At Simshack it's only $12.35 USD https://www.simshack.net/products/aeronca-champion-fsx-405 CR1 has loads of variations in the 400MB download. Here is a screenshot from their website of the taildragger version. You can go to the link and see all the others.

Wruro87.jpg

Stinson Reliant

I haven't been here for awhile now but wanted to share today. Unfortunately, the Stinson SR-5 Reliant featured on my calendar, is not available for any flight simulator that I found...I just learned differences between the Reliants by a little research, a straight wing Reliant has two wing strut supports on each wing and a gull wing Reliant has only one each. That is how you can tell the difference between a "straight wing" and a "gull wing" reliant.

We DO have available to purchase (no freeware ones) the Stinson SR-8 Reliant in two versions in one package from Golden Age Simulations. It is available from them as well as online etailers. Here is a shot of it:

PZPK5be.jpg

Today May 1st On The Calendar

This should be familiar to all of us regular members...here is the link to DaveQ FSX native conversion of Milton Shupe and team all mentioned there:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...Invader-FSX-Native-zip?highlight=A-26+Invader

And also 22 pages of further work...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...er-the-story-continues?highlight=A-26+Invader

This is probably the most that any aircraft has had attention perhaps next to the C-47 MJC or equally addressed. the photo is from the DaveQ FSX native post the first link:

KKCkvMY.jpg

. . did a native model SEA K version ever get finished? Really would like to be able to fly this in P3D4 in Nam.

The Second Link

. . did a native model SEA K version ever get finished? Really would like to be able to fly this in P3D4 in Nam.
I believe that the second link that I posted above is for the SEA version but I never went to the end of the article to see if it was uploaded to the SOH Library

On the long thread, p.22, post #546:

I do have an FSX version of the K that I can resurrect, that has bespoke weaponry by roger-wilco-66 that can be mounted via the payload manager. But it would be nothing like as sophisticated as Gordon's. I'll need a while to check it all over and talk to others including Gordon, but it could be better than nothing...

DaveQ

Maybe there could be short a project like with the successful JetStar (e.g. to add PBR) to at least get a native model for FSX and P3D?

A comment added

On the long thread, p.22, post #546:

Maybe there could be short a project like with the successful JetStar (e.g. to add PBR) to at least get a native model for FSX and P3D?
That would be good. Why don't you add a reply at the end of that thread which will take it to the top of this list for others to see if they don't read mine here. I read a really interesting report from the USAF history about it.

This talk about a native "K" (hopefully) inspired me to rework my old "Gator Invader" paint. WIP. I only had one photo of it at the time and now have found more. But, I will still have to take a lot of artistic license with what I have because the photos are old and low rez. I can't see the whole aircraft. Some show it mostly green and some show it mostly brown. When it was based at my home airport (KGIF) back in the late '80s and early '90s, I remember it mostly green. If someone does an FSX native model, I will convert the texture to .DDS.

Bob

First time in the sim and I can see a lot of problems and I'm not sure I like the base color.

Attachments

• gator 2.jpg
    gator 2.jpg
    782.9 KB · Views: 39
  • gator 4.jpg
    gator 4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • gator 5.jpg
    gator 5.jpg
    839.6 KB · Views: 31
I'm sorry if I killed your thread, Richard. It wasn't my intention. I got excited about the possibility of someone finally making an FSX native model and hoped to spur more interest with the repaint. My bad.

Please

I'm sorry if I killed your thread, Richard. It wasn't my intention. I got excited about the possibility of someone finally making an FSX native model and hoped to spur more interest with the repaint. My bad.
Absolutely no problem. I will continue to post here anytime something cool comes up on the calendar and hope that everyone will post comments and links that I might miss. I look forward to your update to the A26 (B26) after reading the Air Force History of the 3rd wing. Go back to the original and update. I am sure that the guys who were following that would be really excited to see you continue the working on it. See ya in the air...blue side up. I forgot if it was Tacpac'd or not.

Richard :loyal:

I did A quick and dirty B-26K FSX model conversion a long while ago. I've uploaded it here in this thread. just put the model files where they are supposed to go and add the textures (also Milton's) to the texture files and it should work.

This should give you a basic FSX native A/B-26K. Some assembly required.

Attachments

• A-26K_fsx.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
A New Highlighted Aircraft On the Calendar

The Bristol F2B or "the Biff" as it was know by its crews in WWI. There are four parts that you can download over at Avsim the link will be below to Part 1. Each part is interesting in itself, check it out and have fun flying in the skies with "The Red Baron and Snoopy".

2vzCmja.jpg

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=bristol+f2b&CatID=root&Go=Search

You used to be able to fly in Rise Of Flight but my search this morning said that it is no longer supported and the multiplayer has been dead for a couple of years. Everyone who used to fly with it has moved to Flying Circus. I looked up Flying Circus to find that it is an IL2 Sturmovic game and has to be purchased at Steam. So fly it in FSX and have fun even with no live combat with ai or multiplayer opponents. It's STILL BEAUTIFUL.

Waco QCF2

This was the featured aircraft today. In searching, the only Waco for us to fly is the payware from Golden Age Simulations of the UBF-2 which was the last model built in the F-2 line. A beautiful addition to your hanger with both wheeled and float versions. Check out Golden Age Simulations or one of the online retailers. They also previously produced an F and F2 package for FS9 and FSX with three different versions. Not the same package as the UBF-2 FSX P3D native. No freeware versions are available.

May 12 The "Jug"

When I flipped over the calendar and tore off the page there before me was the venerable P-47D Thunderbolt with its bubble canopy. This WWII legend fought both in the European, Mediterranean and Asiatic theatres. The earlier version was the Razorback canopy and this is available for free at Perfect Flight:[FONT=&quot]FSX/P3D v3, v4 model with 6 textures and 3 variants. by A.F.Scrub.
https://www.fs2000.org/2019/02/16/fsx-p3d-v3v4-p-47-razorback/

A2A has the P47D with Accusim [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] payware [/FONT][FONT=&quot]package is available at a number of retailers online as well as a lot of repaints at the different download sites like AVSIM and Simviation.

I don't think that any screenshot is necessary for this famous aircraft.

[/FONT]

Back