• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP

Thanks guys!

As Marcel mentions, all of the repaints I've made are now available at Avsim, and are still waiting to be activated here and at Flightsim.com (usually takes a full day at Flightsim.com). If you'd like to download the newest 9 repaints right now, you can find them all in the "What's New" menu of the file library at Avsim. In total, if you have all of the repaints I've made available, through the two batches of uploads, there will be 15. There may be a few more released over the weekend.

Regarding the paintkit, I'll try to have it sent out to all interested parties sometime between tonight and Saturday night, as soon as I have it packaged together.

Edit: BTW, regarding these latest repaints, only one of them, the "Sweet Diane" paint scheme, is of an example that actually has a tail hook fitted in real life. However, I also provided tail hook textures for the polished factory-finished SNJ and the "6 of Diamonds" SNJ, incase you want to operate those with tail hooks as well.

I've pretty much finished my from-the-ground-up base texture work for the Wozza Texan (though they could use some more refining), so I slapped some paint on it recreating one of my favorites flying today. The real-life aircraft is owned by Paul Ehlen (once owner of the P-51D "Little Horse" and current owner of P-51D "Sierra Sue II") and based out of Flying Cloud airport in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. This aircraft is painted in the same markings it had when it was operated as an instrument trainer during WWII at Craig Field, and is one of the most authentic AT-6 restorations flying today. Although an AT-6D, and not normally associated with such, the restored aircraft is fitted with a nose cone as some examples seen in photos from Craig Field during WWII also sported nose cones.

John,

I would like to see repaint of this one pretty please! :icon_lol:

View attachment 89324

Unauthorized "buzzing" of the tower.

I just heard that some "unknown" young cadet just buzzed the tower at Bainbridge Air Base in a YELLOW T-6. As I understand it, it happened so fast that no one got a picture nor "buzz number." As far as my personal knowledge of this incident.....I'm taking the 5th.:kilroy:

RD

I just heard that some "unknown" young cadet just buzzed the tower at Bainbridge Air Base in a YELLOW T-6. As I understand it, it happened so fast that no one got a picture nor "buzz number." As far as my personal knowledge of this incident.....I'm taking the 5th.:kilroy:

RD

It was the "Great Randini" with his need....a need for speed! :icon31:

Many thanks John:applause: Now available in our add ons library.

PWICN.jpg

x6Ow.jpg

kjlDe.jpg

I wonder:isadizzy: if Roger was flying that T-6 that buzzed the tower at Bainbridge Air Base this afternoon? He has been flying a YELLOW one....:icon_lol:
Yellar shore looks good don't it Rog?

RD

I wonder:isadizzy: if Roger was flying that T-6 that buzzed the tower at Bainbridge Air Base this afternoon? He has been flying a YELLOW one....:icon_lol:
Yellar shore looks good don't it Rog?

RD
Ha ha,
John's done a great job and yes there are now several yellow ones:cool:

Nice RNZAF paint Zsolt ..:cool: , now i see i have Warwick here , wonder if its possible for a build without a spinner and the early canopy framing :icon_lol:, would go down a treat for us roaring forties . <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Merci beaucoup John... :icon29:

Your work is superb and an inspiration to others to try to "wring" the very best out of these flying wonders...

Fleurdelys

Nice screenshot, Huub! The owner of that aircraft mentioned a couple weeks back that he had recently actually had a gentleman come up to him and first ask if it was a Spitfire, and when the owner said no, the guy asked if it were a Typhoon! : )

The paint kit that I've put together has now just been sent out to all who have requested it (and to some who haven't), via PM. If you did request to have a copy of the paint kit and haven't received the PM, please let me know.

Nice screenshot, Huub! The owner of that aircraft mentioned a couple weeks back that he had recently actually had a gentleman come up to him and first ask if it was a Spitfire, and when the owner said no, the guy asked if it were a Typhoon! : )

Should've told him it was an RAF Thunderbolt from "A Bridge Too Far" :greenbo:

N.

That would be a cool repaint, or two, to do, Neil! That particular Harvard is painted in an RAF Typhoon inspired paint scheme (at least the detailed markings/codes), but when it finished restoration it was actually painted in Japanese markings (where most of the green paint comes from).

I'm going to be fairly well tied up with other things over the next couple of weeks, though I still have several repaint requests to get to. I'll try to get to them when I can!

A huge THANK YOU for all the repaints and the paintkit, Bomber_12th! You are a very generous man, and all your hard work is certainly appreciated. Wilco on your instructions and advice about repainting this bird.

Back