• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP

I'll have to remove all my warbirdsim P-51's to make room for these! Wow!:monkies:

Well, I guess that's it, I'd better stop now. ; )

Here are a couple of depictions of Texans that were restored by, the now defunct, "Midwest Texans". I think they completed four restorations (one with a tail hook) before closing up shop and selling off the remaining airframes and large stock of parts they had. The aircraft are N43826 and N92778 (incase you want to check my work). : )

John, I'm really looking forward to the yellow Air Force paint (TA799). When I first moved back to South Georgia, there was one based here at my local airport.. I remember that shortly after I had taken off in my Ercoupe and was heading away from the airport, he pulled up along side me and proceeded to do a roll around me. LOL...I think the underwear I had on that day never made it to the washing machine. Went straight into the trash.

RD

John, I'm really looking forward to the yellow Air Force paint (TA799). When I first moved back to South Georgia, there was one based here at my local airport.. I remember that shortly after I had taken off in my Ercoupe and was heading away from the airport, he pulled up along side me and proceeded to do a roll around me. LOL...I think the underwear I had on that day never made it to the washing machine. Went straight into the trash.

RD

Hello Bomber_12th are beautiful repaints I wish I could make some french repaint but it exist there a paint kit, or does it create?
Marty

p1719365678-5.jpg

Maybe a couple more?

John,

After looking at all those Texan repaints of yours, I remembered that I have some photos of a few Texans + a P51 ( I know you are a big fan).
These planes were in Halls TN (a former WWII B-17 training base) North of KNQA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Field_(Tennessee)

A repaint of the Navy SNJ below would be nice (hint-hint) :icon_lol:

View attachment 88912
OT: A picture of yours truly with this P51 (did you ever make a skin of this one?)
View attachment 88920

Guys, I love reading the information you've posted, and photos you've shared! (Cirrus, you'll want to download fsds_t-6update.zip from Flightsim.com and install the updated model files so that the cowling textures will show up properly.)

Randy, what an experience that must have been! There are some really great (and some scary) stories of pilots in training flying these over the American countryside during WWII, and terrorizing the local residents with their forms of fun. : )

I decided to have a flight with the Fantasy of Flight Texan this evening, and here are some shots.

On the paintkit front, I'll try to see if I can have it together over this coming weekend (I'll be away all day tomorrow, but I'll see if I can't get this next batch of repaints finished up and uploaded on Friday - it's looking like 8 more repaints in all that I'll be uploading with the next installment).

On the paintkit front, I'll try to see if I can have it together over this coming weekend (I'll be away all day tomorrow, but I'll see if I can't get this next batch of repaints finished up and uploaded on Friday - it's looking like 8 more repaints in all that I'll be uploading with the next installment).

thank you very much for your kindness bomber_12th
Marty

Ooops. Seems I need to post a correction to my last post. When John wrote that he was working on some re-paints for the Harvard, I just assumed that he was talking about making some new textures for the SkyUnlimited Harvard model. Apparently I was mistaken. It's the classic example of what can happen when one assumes.

John, I'm sure you've been asked before, but my feeble mind does not recall... What scenery is that with the farm fields over which you took those awesome screensots?

John, you weren't mistaken, I still have a boat-load of repaints to be made for the SkyUnlimited models, and on those they can all be used with correct models for the types. For the time-being, I've just been focused first on the Wozza model.

Quicksand, the fields seen in many of my screenshots are part of the ground/scenery textures in the ORBX PNW scenery addon. I've found areas where these fields go on and on, and I think they can provide some superb backdrops (the colors always look spot on, and the detail is superb (even with tractors working some of the fields)).

I've been going through and doing some final testing and taking some screenshots of a few of the last repaints I haven't shown yet.

Here's one of them, a depiction of the SNJ owned by Jim Beasley Jr. (former "6 of Diamonds" and "Horseman Aerobatic Team" pilot). The general markings on this aircraft are of course those of the SNJ's that were based at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. There are however some details that are personal to the Beasley family (Jim Beasley Jr. and the late Jim Beasley Sr.) - the initials 'JB' of course easy to see on the tail, and the reason why it has "USS Carl Vinson" painted on the side, is because it was one of the warbirds that was flown off of the deck of that carrier in 1995, marking the 50th Anniversary since the end of WWII. In the form of nose art on the right-side engine cowling is the "6 of Diamonds" display team artwork. (Jim currently has a rather special, early-variant, former Pensacola-based SNJ project that is being restored at this time, which happens to be the same SNJ that shows up in a lot of the old WWII SNJ pilot's manual photos.)

Hey John!!

When you announced that you had some repaints for Wozza's T-6, I was secretly hoping for an RCAF Harvard, thrilled to see 20405 as well as FE695!!

Don't know if this quite tickles your fancy - but if there's any chance your polished metal wizardry could find its way to USMC VMT-1 112330, that would sure make my day. John Detrick probably wouldn't complain too much, either ... :)

8543254353_56647d6de6_z.jpg

1186920.jpg

1508594.jpg

I know it looks like silver paint ... but inasmuch as the fuselage number is reflected in the wings ...

Anyway, if that one doesn't strike your fancy, anything USN/USMC postwar that showcases your polished metal work would be delightful.

Again, for all your superb work, many kind thanks!!

Daniel

Thanks for that info John. I may need to invest in that scenery. You are doing some amazing paintwork on these T-6's! Thanks a lot, buddy. :icon29::guinness::mixedsmi:

That is a great scheme, DL! I'll put it on the list. ; ) And thank you guys again for the compliments!

Doing some more testing, I took the "Green Monster" out for a flight from McMinnville to a community aiport with a grass runway, near to the Portland-Hillsboro airport. After I took these shots I spotted another item to fix...and at least on this scheme, I noticed on this flight that I should darken the lenses of the landing lights.

Thanks John!!

Drove down through McMinnville, OR on our way to Disneyland with the family a couple of summers ago. Seeing Evergreen was to me, what Disney was to them .... :icon_lol:

So glad this is one you'll look at - again, for all your hard work on the Wozza bird, many thanks!!!

Daniel

Back