• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP

AT-6C 41-33767, VH-NZH, based in Australia. This aircraft was built as an AT-6C Havard Mk II, to an RAF order as EX794. However, the aircraft was shipped directly to New Zealand in August 1943 where it became NZ1051. The aircraft served with the RNZAF until 1978 when it was sold into Australia. The aircraft has been completely restored in recent years and is finished in the brilliant colors of a Pensacola SNJ-3.

Here's a look at some of the cockpit textures. On the instrument panel, I brightened the details of the gauges and placards and re-made some of the placards for a more authentic look. Throughout the cockpit I adjusted and modified most of the textures to create three different sets of cockpit finishes (authentic/restored interior green, modern gray, and bronze green). As mentioned previously, the engine textures are also almost all completely new (and higher resolution), and with some subtle variations between variants.

Hi John,

I have looked in all of the listed file locations for this set of paints but haven't been able to find them. Could you please steer me to the right location.

Thanks so much,

Tom Hibben

Hi John,

I have looked in all of the listed file locations for this set of paints but haven't been able to find them. Could you please steer me to the right location.

Thanks so much,

Tom Hibben

Do a search at Avsim for John Terrell, they should pop up on the 1st and 2nd page.

Joe

Hoo-rah, great work John! Texans are definitely some of the most photogenic birds out there.

T-6%2001.jpg

GA%2006.jpg

GA%2005.jpg

Beautiful photos, JohnC! The frameless front and rear windscreens on N154CF (and popular on others) really are slick.

I don't know if anyone's up for some more screenshots, but here are a few I rather liked.

Beautiful - thank you so much. I'm looking forward to the yellow RAF Harvards, and is there any chance of an RAF silver with yellow trainer bands? Some people are never satisfied!

that paint..or polished finished plane...is gorgeous...will it be up for download?....wow..really outstanding..:applause:

Beautiful - thank you so much. I'm looking forward to the yellow RAF Harvards, and is there any chance of an RAF silver with yellow trainer bands? Some people are never satisfied!

Silver with yellow bands, my favourite RAF scheme, although this would apply more to the Mk.IIB. What with the T-6G canopy you could get away with a MK.II, IIA or III scheme, but perhaps an SAAF T-6G. Sorry for being something of a purist or as people say 'a rivet counter' but research T-6 histories for owners and also devise colour schemes too.

Cheers,

Martin

Question for Bomber_12th

I recently found this shot of the Texan, which I love

View attachment 88863

I've read that this repain is yours Bomber. Would you mind giving any pointer to where I can find this?

Thanks in advance!

Dumonceau

I recently found this shot of the Texan, which I love

View attachment 88863

I've read that this repain is yours Bomber. Would you mind giving any pointer to where I can find this?

Thanks in advance!

Dumonceau

That's the default texture for the SkyUnlimited LT-6G found in the Texan Flight Experience Package. John took the screenshot. From what I've read, I think John is working on a set of re-paints for the SkyUnlimited Texans and Harvards that will work the same magic on the models that his repaints did for Wozza's T-6G. He's already released a set of files that improves the performance of all three major FSX models. If the flight sim community had an award for outstanding service, I think John would win it this year.

John MacKay
chief modeler of SkyUnlimited Texans and Harvard
aka X_eidos2

Throwing complete accuracy asside, I've made some Harvard repaints for the model.

Here is a preview of Harvard C-GBQB, otherwise known by its owners as "The Green Monster". : ) Through a combination of paint fading and different applications of fresh green paint (of a couple of different tones), its got a cool patchwork-look that really attracted me to it. The real aircraft has the late canopies, spinner, and gear doors - so except for not having the long Harvard exhaust, it does look the part quite well.

Harvard Mk.IV 20405, which completed restoration last year by Aircorps Aviation of Bemidji, Minnesota, following about 8 years of restoration work by Mark Tisler. The aircraft is finished in the same markings it wore while in RCAF service, and is one of the most authentic Harvard restorations to-date. The aircraft, I believe, is owned by the Texas Flying Legends museum, which are bringing it and 10 other WWII warbirds they own to Oshkosh this summer. With the gear wells, flaps and flap wells, and landing gear all painted yellow (just as it was originally), it's like someone said, "I don't care what you paint it, as long as it's yellow".

Throwing complete accuracy asside, I've made some Harvard repaints for the model.

John I had to read this sentence twice...... you of all people!!! :isadizzy: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Nevertheless very much appreciated in this case.

Looking forward to your Harvards,
Huub

And here is a depiction of the one of the resident Harvards based at Duxford, G-BTXI owned by The Fighter Collection. The real aircraft for which this repaint depicts, a Mk.IIb, is painted in the same markings it wore during WWII as an RCAF trainer based in Ontario, and served from December 1942 until November 1945. The paint scheme is known as an "Empire Air Training Scheme". (Following WWII, the aircraft was sold to the Swedish AF, where it served actively up until 1972 when she was retired. Obtained by TFC in 1990, it took 4-5 years of restoration work before she flew again.)

John I had to read this sentence twice...... you of all people!!! :isadizzy: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Nevertheless very much appreciated in this case.

Looking forward to your Harvards,
Huub

Thank you Huub, and I'm clearly still trying to learn the English language too! : )

I should add that all of these above are done, except for some minor adjustments that still need to be done with the cockpit textures on 20405 (N3405), and to make a new panel texture and inner canopy frames textures for the cockpit of C-GBQB.

Thank you Huub, and I'm clearly still trying to learn the English language too! : )

I should add that all of these above are done, except for some minor adjustments that still need to be done with the cockpit textures on 20405 (N3405), and to make a new panel texture and inner canopy frames textures for the cockpit of C-GBQB.

John,
I sent you a PM (x2) asking a question; did you not read them?

Back