• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

More Wozza T-6 Repaint WIP

Have you installed the updates t6texmod.zip and fsds_t-6update.zip? Wozza updated the texture lay-out after the original release to fix the cowl mapping. From what you describe, I think you are missing the last file.

Cheers,
Huub

That's got to be the issue. I will update the files and see if that clears up the issue. Thanks!

Thank you so very much....

I haven't been able to locate them in the library here at the SOH, but both files are available at flightsim.com.

Just do a search on the file names.

Cheers,
Huub

Just went and downloaded them from flightsim.com
Now... what am I supposed to do with them... replace the files of the same name in the model I have on the sim?
Thank you in advance...

Hey guys, in each of the descriptions it mentions requiring the update to be installed first, both when you read the descriptions before downloading the repaints, and then again when you read the readme files contained before installing them - I trust you all do that, right? : )

When you install the original Warwick Carter Texan, after un-zipping the contents into the FSX Airplanes folder, you should have a folder that is called 'fsds_t-6'. When you download the Warwick Carter Texan update, there is a readme that explains how to install it and what the fixes are. When installing the update, you are just installing the new folders over the originals, overwriting when prompted (thus replacing the previous file). Not only does the update change the cowling mapping (with a few more additional textures as a result), it also corrects some gauge items/problems from the original release.

When making these repaints, I kept most of the textures in their original native size, though for a couple of the cockpit textures and the cowl textures I doubled their resolution so that I could add more detail to some select items (like the seat cushion, instrument panel (radio call plate), and cowl artwork).

99998152.jpg

Super work john.

I went and followed Huub's advice and all is working perfectly now. I thought I had all of that installed but I did indeed miss half of it. All is well now and the new paints look incredible.

Amazing work John!!
I always loved this T-6 model but your art of work is a huge enhancement for it!
I can't fly anymore with the textures I did (a Bare metal one and yellow one with French Navy colors)...:icon_lol:
Great job again and many thanks!

Sylvain

My Alphasim and Sky Unlimited T-6/Harvards are now hangared. Wozza's is now the lead version. Many thanks John:applause:

8ZAjL.jpg

John, I must say, some really exceptional work here ! Really outstanding looking cockpit mods as well. Thanks so much for your efforts.

Mike :salute:

John,

Did I send you my FDE files when I sent you the Texan Sound Beta? If not, I'll get those to you for evaluation, as they are very well polished. (Also including the correct tail-wheel control gauge)

-Joseph

Those last pics are pure art, Rick.

John's gorgeous, polished natural metal scheme certainly lends itself to a host of possibilities. I recall back in the mid-1990's the CWH owned a T-6G that was in an attractive metal scheme with a deep green fuselage band and white and green wing bands as well as a green and white cowling and green prop spinner that I was lucky enough to ride in and occasionally fly. But it really came into it's own when they brought in a crew from Rolite Aircraft Aluminum Polish during an airshow and polished her up right. And the results were positively dazzling. I don't recall what the Canadian civil aviation registration marks were that it carried, but I always got a chuckle from a small decal that someone had applied to the white stripe in the port-side Stars-and-bars. It simply looked like a thin, rectangular oval slot with the words printed above it "Like a Ride?" and below, "Insert VISA, Mastercard, AmEx here".

Here's a pic of the CWH AT-6G before her Rolite treatment...

View attachment 88571

You'll have to imagine her polished up as I don't have a pic of that.

N.

PS. Looking at the pic I just realized that the green may be a bit too dark versus what it was like in real life. There's a small sliver of the red stripe portion of the starboard Stars and Bars that seems a bit too dark in hue, so the green is probably a bit lighter in colour, but not by too much. It's still a deep, rich, solid green. I should also note that this photo is not my own, it came courtesy of the aviation photography site www.Airliners.net and I've not been able to determine who took the original photo as I'd downloaded it some years ago as wallpaper for my PC, so my apologies to whoever the photographer was for not applying due credit.

I have found another pic of the same aircraft taken under brighter lighting conditions that gives a more accurate rendition of the colours in its paint scheme. Also, its Canadian registration was apparently C-GBPL:
View attachment 88581
Photo by John Kelley. Courtesy of www.Airliners.net.

Yellow/Blue T-6

Here's a T-6 with yellow wings and blue fuselage and red & white tail stripes. It seems to mimic a Boeing Stearman paint scheme for the Navy. It was on Filckr and the owner disabled downloading the image so I will respect that here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/haiwepa/8997307953/sizes/l/in/pool-83445488@N00/

John, I was just wondering if in your list of repaints, there is a YELLOW U.S. Air Force version like you did before?

RD

Wonderful, wonderful repaints.....thank you very much indeed.

I always that the reason the T-6 ground looped was due to the fact that it lost all Rudder Authority when three pointed onto the ground and so nearly all of my landings/arrivals were on the mains and then let the tail settle at low speed. She does flick very easily at slow speeds and we had a number of accidents in the UK in the 80s/90s due to low speeds in aerobatics (top of a loop etc) where she would suddenly start to spin. One RAF IIB was lost in a spinning accident in 1982 and after this British T-6s are not cleared for spinning.

I used to run a service for UK Harvard owners and repaint their own examples into specific and accurate colours. Four of the ones now flying over here are thus painted - CTKL/TVIJ/TEXN/BKRA. Only the latter two would be specific to this flightsim model as they are both 'G's. David Gilmour's SNJ-7C G-BRVG is based on the T-6G, but is rather unique as has a cockpit like no other T-6 and is probably one of the rarest members of the T-6 family as although over 22000 were built, only 6 SNJ-7s were created (US Navy version of the T-6G program) and this is the sole survivor. Think this is the best entry in my logbook!

Best wishes,

Martin

Wow, Rick, I especially like that first shot! The formation reminds me of this one, that was put together in the fall of 2011, I believe, with three Midwest Aero restored aircraft (restorer of some of my most favorite warbirds flying today).

Back