• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Mount Cook livery for Jahn DC-3/C-47 Please

I'm really looking forward to the release of the early Mount Cook livery.

Back in the day the light blue was the only colour I remember on the Mount Cook aircraft.

Thanks to all who are making this happen :applause::applause:

Pete.

Thanks

I'm really looking forward to the release of the early Mount Cook livery.

Back in the day the light blue was the only colour I remember on the Mount Cook aircraft.

Thanks to all who are making this happen :applause::applause:

Pete.
It is always encouraging to an "artist" when more than one person is interested in the completed repaint (or scenery) especially one who has seen the real thing. I hope to meet up to your expectations. Subscribe to this post and watch your emails for updates.

This shade of blue looks faded or maybe the photos are old and faded; Some of the other MT Cook liveries are a vivid blue.

Gray Eagle, that light blue is the correct colour of the earlier livery, (back in the day as per PeteHam). The more vivid blue came later. I quite often used to see ZK-BEU in the vivid blue livery parked on the grass (in that exact spot in the photo) at Christchurch Airport around about 1976 or 78. Looking forward to the early blue livery repaint! (I use FSX Acceleration)

Got it

Gray Eagle, that light blue is the correct colour of the earlier livery, (back in the day as per PeteHam). The more vivid blue came later. I quite often used to see ZK-BEU in the vivid blue livery parked on the grass (in that exact spot in the photo) at Christchurch Airport around about 1976 or 78. Looking forward to the early blue livery repaint! (I use FSX Acceleration)
I will create the early light blue livery for FSX first for ya'all.

As The Genie Said

Your wish is my command...when everything goes together and it's a joy to create it doesn't take a lot of time. I also learned a new technique in Photoshop working on this. Thanks to the C-47 team for a beautiful paint kit to work with. That made it really nice as well. Here is the Mount Cook Southern Lakes Airlines Ltd. C-47 image at Christchurch (default FSX) and the texture:https://www.mediafire.com/file/ufo22ct7khmoinq/texture.mtcook.zip/file Please let me know how it works here. I did not include a readme trusting you know how to add the texture and update your aircraft.cfg

GyPig5r.jpg

Last edited:
Ps. I just noticed that the mountain lily on the tail is a little too high and needs to be adjusted a bit lower as per the photos. If you don't mind that would be awesome, but if you want to leave it, that's fine too.

Also for for your information, but not absolutely critical, there were words "Mount Cook Lily" underneath the lily on the tail. The're hard to see in the photos, but if you squint a little bit closer you can just make out a line of words curving underneath it. Probably would be a bit too small to do on the repaint, but its up to you. Love the repaint. Thanks

Yes and no

Ps. I just noticed that the mountain lily on the tail is a little too high and needs to be adjusted a bit lower as per the photos. If you don't mind that would be awesome, but if you want to leave it, that's fine too.

Also for for your information, but not absolutely critical, there were words "Mount Cook Lily" underneath the lily on the tail. The're hard to see in the photos, but if you squint a little bit closer you can just make out a line of words curving underneath it. Probably would be a bit too small to do on the repaint, but its up to you. Love the repaint. Thanks

Thank you for your observations. I saw that there was something but every clip of the lily logo did not have the words and by the time you enlarge the available photos, it blurred into nothingness so I just left it. I possibly could add them manually but I think that by the time the 4096 textures are reduced to 1024 so as not to be a "frame hog" for a lot of people, you couldn't read them. I'll take a look and count the mesh and see where the lily is in Photoshop and compare because sometimes you have to arbitrarily make adjustments. I have had to do that many times with other repaints I have done. It's right in Photoshop and different in FSX OR P3D too. I appreciate and ask for comments always.

Updates

After reading the comments, thank you all, I went to the "Paint Shed" this past couple of hours and updated the texture. The lily is smaller and repositioned; the "Mount Cook Lily" is below as it is in real life and the photo; I lightened up the color of the tail which had to be done arbitrarily because of the natural metal being dark underneath and also removed the alpha channel which was "messing" with the texture. I may try and put in one only on the natural metal but that will take some time to do not just a DXTBMP one click fix. Also, the FSDeveloper who was helping me with alpha channels gave me a tip. Finally learned how to curve the type to fit under the lily with a really good Youtube video and thankfully worked with my old version of Photoshop. Here is a screen shot and also the updated C-47_T_2.dds to copy and paste into your texture folder.

I am going to upload a new C-47_T_2.dds in just a bit so give me a little while because I forgot, being an American repainter that the registration is on the top right and bottom left wings respectively so I have to add that and give you a new link and then I think this will be done.

Here is the new link to the updated wings and all the other changes above:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yug75tpwe1qhhg8/C47_2_T.dds/file

covQEma.jpg

Tgycgijoes,

Thank you very very very much for your kindness in painting that livery. It is much appreciated!!! Much appreciated and very grateful!!

With great many thanks,

Aharon

Tgycgijoes,

Since you asked us to see if your repaint works in FSX, I just let you know that the installation of your repaint containing your revised file into Jahn DC-3/C-47 model base worked well and the ground testing of your repaint was successful.

Everything looks great to me but I am afraid there are New Zealand natives being SOH forum members who might have sharper eyes than I do and they will probably give you better tips or points even though your repaint looks GREAT to me even before your revision file that you posted.

Once again, many thanks for your kindness. Much appreciated.

Regards,

Aharon

Many many thanks tgycgijoes for this amazing livery :applause: :applause:

Here she is in her natural environment, departing Mount Cook air strip (NZMC) and over flying Mount Cook summit (12316' )

FSX:SE with ORBX NZ South Island

That looks awesome, thank you for going the extra mile, well done! :applause: I am pleased that you learned some new techniques as well! No hurry, but when you have time, at some point in the future maybe you'll be able to make a new alpha channel for the bare metal to make it shine. Thanks so much again for doing the livery.

Back