• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Mount Cook livery for Jahn DC-3/C-47 Please

My Pleasure

I am glad that you all will have a chance to enjoy it. All the credit goes to Him who gave me the talent to create it. I don't claim any of the glory. Amen.

Today In The Paint Shed

I spent today completing the set of Mount Cook Liveries. This was created from the photo taken in 1971.

t8a2Klj.jpg

And here is the link to the texture: https://www.mediafire.com/file/s6vq1x0yoib8say/texture.mtcook71.zip/file

Taken at 60J in Ocean Isle North Carolina USA. Great pizza and burgers at the red building in the background created from actual photos taken onsite. You can sit on the patio in the back and watch the planes take off and land which is really a lot of fun.

Before you "beat me up" about the Mount Cook Lily on the tail of ZK-BEU which is larger and covers more of the tail in the photo on page 1, LOL!!! I used a different photo I found with it like this just like it was on the light blue earlier liveries. Sometime after 1971 and before 1978 they must have done another livery change. I added the emergency exit marks that were not on the earlier livery either. When you study the photos you pick up on subtle things like that.

That looks great! Just a little note, the blue should cover the entire tail right down to the fuselage. I don't know if you'd noticed before, but I have just now, by comparing the photos to the repaint. And the white should cover the whole tail end just above the rear of the tail elevators, you can see by again comparing the photos with the repaint. Just spotted these 2 things just now. Not bashing, far from it, I would never do that, but just wanted to help you out, as Aharon says "I am afraid the New Zealanders have sharper eyesight" lol.
Otherwise it looks great!
Ps. another little note, the larger Lily on the tail on the later vivid blue livery had an extra word added.... "The Mount Cook Lily"
Thanks for doing a great repaint.

No Offense Taken And Certainly No Bashing

That looks great! Just a little note, the blue should cover the entire tail right down to the fuselage. I don't know if you'd noticed before, but I have just now, by comparing the photos to the repaint. And the white should cover the whole tail end just above the rear of the tail elevators, you can see by again comparing the photos with the repaint. Just spotted these 2 things just now. Not bashing, far from it, I would never do that, but just wanted to help you out, as Aharon says "I am afraid the New Zealanders have sharper eyesight" lol.
Otherwise it looks great!
Ps. another little note, the larger Lily on the tail on the later vivid blue livery had an extra word added.... "The Mount Cook Lily"
Thanks for doing a great repaint.
I take note and you are indeed correct so I have just finished (before turning in) fixing both repaints to better approximate the true liveries:
When I created uniforms for 12 inch military action figures 15 years ago (seems ages ago) my partner and I had a motto he coined: "We do it right or we don't do it!" and I try and carry it over to here in his memory (he was a Marine Desert Storm vet who died from exposure over there and a first responder at 9-11 -- they are just now becoming very aware of) here are the two fixes:

Original light blue livery: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vukg8bgj2ew9tjy/C47_2_T-early.zip/file

New darker blue livery: https://www.mediafire.com/file/0sa980vhxnfsnej/C47_2_T-new.zip/file

replace your files with the appropriate one and enjoy flying.

Thank you very very very much for nice surprise of extra bonus repaints of the same airline for DC-3 It is much appreciated in most grateful manner. :applause::applause::applause::applause:

Regards,

Aharon

Incorrect

Am I correct that those 2 files containing fixes are for the Mount Cook livery circa 1971?

Regards,

Aharon
The folders are labeled as early or light blue the first livery and darker blue which is the 1971 Mount Cook Airlines livery. Two different downloads. Mrogers pointed out correctly that the tail needed to be painted to almost the elevator.

The folders are labeled as early or light blue the first livery and darker blue which is the 1971 Mount Cook Airlines livery. Two different downloads. Mrogers pointed out correctly that the tail needed to be painted to almost the elevator.

Thanks I figured it out before your answer when I opened the two files and saw the different colors which made me realize that they have to be matched to the specific colors of the two different liveries.

Also just to let you know that the two liveries with two respective latest revised files work well in my FSX during ground testing. Thank you very much for your kindness for not only painting the two liveries but also for revised files to enhance realism of the liveries.

Quick question to New Zealand experts named Mrogers and PeteHam: are the two liveries supposed to come with plain propellers OR yellow tipped propellers OR red tipped propellers?

Pssst pssst, Tgycgijoes Do not worry about propellers. Whatever the answer I get from Mrogers and PeteHam, I have many propeller textures with different colors on propeller blades to pick and export to your two superb liveries.

Regards,

Aharon

I've located a candidate yellow tip C-47 prop (dds) and copied it to the mt cook texture but it didn't change. So what is the secret to make it happen?

I've located a candidate yellow tip C-47 prop (dds) and copied it to the mt cook texture but it didn't change. So what is the secret to make it happen?

Did you rename the file exactly like the one you replaced? propdisk.dds in the Texture file

Charlie, all the C-47 props have the same file name i.e. propdisk.dds but each texture may have different color prop blades/tips. Some blades are black some are metal color
some tips are yellow some are red etc. Just copying a yellow tipped propdisk.dds didn't quite cut it. Know what I mean vern?

Did you rename the file exactly like the one you replaced? propdisc.dds

Here is a curious question. The propdisk.dds is for a spinning prop. My question is....do the yellow or whatever colors match spinning versus a prop at rest on a non running engine?:dizzy:

Just my crazy way of thinking....I wonder if the prop at rest uses the propdisk.dds in the main texture folder and the spinning prop uses the propdisk.dds from the texture.XXYYZZ folder for the individual paint job? :pop4:

Let me put it this way.......when I examine each C-47 propdisk.dds for each livery in DXtbmp and as I will reiterate some have same or different color prop tips. Some are red tipped and some
are yellow tipped and some no color at all. Having said that....logic would have me copy or replace a non colored prop tipped prop with one from another livery that is.
Yet when I do that, there is no change ergo this post.

Here is a curious question. The propdisk.dds is for a spinning prop. My question is....do the yellow or whatever colors match spinning versus a prop at rest on a non running engine?:dizzy:

Just my crazy way of thinking....I wonder if the prop at rest uses the propdisk.dds in the main texture folder and the spinning prop uses the propdisk.dds from the texture.XXYYZZ folder for the individual paint job? :pop4:

Just trying to be thorough. Are you looking at the prop while spinning or with the engine off or both? Are you making the changes with the Sim running, if so, are you reloading the aircraft after making the change.

Sorry! I know these seem like dumb questions, but gotta ask to eliminate obvious problems.

Just trying to be thorough. Are you looking at the prop while spinning or with the engine off or both? Are you making the changes with the Sim running, if so, are you reloading the aircraft after making the change.

Sorry! I know these seem like dumb questions, but gotta ask to eliminate obvious problems.

I've done all the above you mentioned.

The prop tips are yellow.

Thanks Pete!! I have successfully imported the propeller textures with yellow tips from an airline livery folder to Tgycgijoes's two amazing Mount Cook livery repaints to enhance real world realism and the spinning does show yellow on edge of "round spinning".

Regards,

Aharon

You have not mentioned what flight sim????? FSX or P3D?????

What is exactly file name for your propeller texture with yellow tip??? Also, did you remember to delete the previous propeller texture in order to accept the replacement propeller texture with yellow tips?

Most of times, the file name propdisk.dds will work. If not, try to change the file name to propdisk1.dds. I have 45 liveries for Jahn DC-3/C-47. Most of the liveries has file name called propdisk.dds Some liveries have file name called propdisk1.dds Do not ask me why. I have no idea why except either way works well for me so I do not question this bizarre method!!

Regards,

Aharon

For my FXS, the answer is yes. It will show yellow tips whether it is spinning or not.

Regards,

Aharon

Back