• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Mount Cook livery for Jahn DC-3/C-47 Please

Important question to New Zealand experts named Mrogers and PeteHam:

Where can I find free old NZMC Mount Cook airport charts please for arrival and departure using airline propeller and jet planes, please? The internet shows only current NZMC charts only for use of helicopters. I would need old NZMC airport charts for DC-3s/C-47s and HS748 planes please.

Thanks for any assistance any of you might provide.

Regards,

Aharon

Successfuil Propeller Tips

Please share file with the yellow tips with all here through whatever download medium you use ie. Dropbox; Mediafire; Google etc. I found the file and will upload it to my textures. Let me know if I need to upload or you are going to here.

Just Found On Google

Where can I find free old NZMC Mount Cook airport charts please for arrival and departure using airline propeller and jet planes, please? The internet shows only current NZMC charts only for use of helicopters. I would need old NZMC airport charts for DC-3s/C-47s and HS748 planes please.

Regards,

Aharon

Check this out: https://rnzaf.proboards.com/thread/29715/old-new-zealand-aeronautical-charts The last post shows where to look and then you have to go through the whole list for a lot of Mount Cook charts in jpg to download but I think it's all you could want.

Please share file with the yellow tips with all here through whatever download medium you use ie. Dropbox; Mediafire; Google etc. I found the file and will upload it to my textures. Let me know if I need to upload or you are going to here.

I got the yellow tips from the Buffalo Livery for the C-47 Ver 3.14 from AVSIM Library buffalo_c-gjkm.zip

Thanks

I got the yellow tips from the Buffalo Livery for the C-47 Ver 3.14 from AVSIM Library buffalo_c-gjkm.zip
I found mine in a P3D version with a lot of repaints. Interestingly, the "texture" folder has modern military white-red-white tips and I did notice that every repaint texture and there a lot have different propdisk.dds file. If you remember the old TV show with Arty Johnson as a German soldier: "verrrry interestingk...but shtupid!" LOL! :biggrin-new:

Regards,

Aharon

I'll have a look in some of my old visual & instrument Flight Guides to see what I can find.

Pete.

Check this out: https://rnzaf.proboards.com/thread/29715/old-new-zealand-aeronautical-charts The last post shows where to look and then you have to go through the whole list for a lot of Mount Cook charts in jpg to download but I think it's all you could want.

Thanks, Tgycgijoes

Darn Out of my luck.

Meanwhile using your hyperlink, I found old NZMC airport charts but they do not help me.

https://geodatahub.library.auckland...MS_006J/jpg/NZMS006J_IAC-MountCook-2_1970.jpg

https://geodatahub.library.auckland...MS_006A/jpg/NZMS006A_IAC-MountCook-1_1966.jpg

https://geodatahub.library.auckland...S_006/jpg/NZMS006_VAC-MountCook-Pre2_1954.jpg

https://geodatahub.library.auckland...S_006/jpg/NZMS006_VAC-MountCook-Pre3_1957.jpg

I guess it is completely visual for me to fly DC-3s/C-47s and HS-748s to NZMC using river as guide for me to head to runway 31.

Regards,

Aharon

I'll have a look in some of my old visual & instrument Flight Guides to see what I can find.

Pete.

Thanks Much appreciated!! Hope you can find!!!!! Mount Cook Airline used DC-3/C-47s, HS-748s, and ATR planes for NZMC airport services.

There used to be IFR AIP charts for NZMC for when Mount Cook took the ATR's there in Summer 2012/2013. They were still in circulation in the manuals up until at least 2020

That is what I have to look for and try to find it on Internet!!

Regards,

Aharon

It will be a couple of days before I'll be able to check out my old Instrument Flight Guide.

It's an old one, probably around the early - mid 90's.

All my flying these days is VFR.

Pete.

Yellow Prop Tips

Last night Gray Eagle found why he and I couldn't get the prop tips yellow as they were. I should have picked up on this when I opened up the Object Hierarchy and the props said Material: C47_1_T. Hidden in the upper right corner of that texture file are prop blades and each is different on each different texture's file some plain like ours; some yellow; some black with yellow from WWII etc. The propdisk.dds is the SPINNING PROP the C47_1_T is the STILL PROP. I am going to correct them today and upload a (I hope) final fix to these two livery repaints I've created for everyone to download and replace the existing ones with. Hope you all have a good day and check here a little later this morning (afternoon or evening where you are)

Full Updated File

Well, as promised, here is the Mount Cook Lakeside Tourist file successfully updated. Replace your entire folder with this one it has the correct spin prop with yellow tips too.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/s2f71mi6inm6x4a/texture.mtcook.zip/file

EDutryy.png

Last night Gray Eagle found why he and I couldn't get the prop tips yellow as they were. I should have picked up on this when I opened up the Object Hierarchy and the props said Material: C47_1_T. Hidden in the upper right corner of that texture file are prop blades and each is different on each different texture's file some plain like ours; some yellow; some black with yellow from WWII etc. The propdisk.dds is the SPINNING PROP the C47_1_T is the STILL PROP. I am going to correct them today and upload a (I hope) final fix to these two livery repaints I've created for everyone to download and replace the existing ones with. Hope you all have a good day and check here a little later this morning (afternoon or evening where you are)

Thanks! That confirms what I suspected all along!:applause:

Finding an approach course to any listed airport

There used to be IFR AIP charts for NZMC for when Mount Cook took the ATR's there in Summer 2012/2013. They were still in circulation in the manuals up until at least 2020

That is what I have to look for and try to find it on Internet!!

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon, you might try the Generic GCA (V2.1) setup , which can be installed in any panel, preferably prop driven aircraft. It will connect to your AP and set you on a course to any airport anywhere, and talk you down to a runway threshold, too, if needed. Various levels of complexity can be dialed in, so reading the manual is strongly recommende.

Download is here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=117314

Aharon, you might try the Generic GCA (V2.1)

Thanks for interesting tip! Always pleasure to hear from you!! I always am enjoying your C-47/DC-3, C-97/KC-97 Stratofreighter, and all Constellations! Thank you for your great contributions to the wonderful world of flight simming.

Regards,

Aharon

Mount Cook IFR Charts

As promised , here are the Mount Cook IFR Approach charts for 2010. I'd forgotten that I'd been given these a few years back.

I also have my old 1994 IFR charts.

Doing an IFR approach to Mount Cook required a Glentanner/Mount Cook VOR/DME approach to MDA then proceed VFR 15.7nm to Mount Cook, or a Pukaki VOR/DME approach to MDA then proceed VFR 28nm to Mount Cook

All departures were in VFR conditions. No night ops.

Glentanner

Pukaki

Pete,

This is FANTASTIC and exactly what I want!!

Thanks a zillion zillion for your kindness and for your generous assistance!! Much appreciated!!

Regards,

Aharon

Back