New forum feedback.

OK, I'm confused.

I see that if I go to the "Library" I see the old library with nothing new added to it No surprise there. If I go to "Resources," the new library to be, I see a long list of uploads. They are old, some of them years old, but listed as uploaded yesterday. Apparently that's when they were transferred from (old) Library to Resources.

So here's what's got me scratching my head. Is there a way to see a list of the latest uploads? Or is is just that there aren't any new ones yet?

Hi Mick,

The old library could not be transferred into the new format. That is why a group of volunteers is currently putting all files manually into the new library.
They need to download the files from the old library and upload them in the new library. All one by one so it is quite a challenge.

This of course shuffles the age of the files. I assume that once the library has been moved the "latest/new files" options will work again. MOst likely not the same as they did, but something similar.

Huub

Last edited:
Huub is spot on. Everything in the old library is being uploaded fresh by a team of volunteers. That means everything that is old is new again. Once we finish this task anything added will be new and show up in the front of the list when you access resources. That is going to take some time. The old library has over 27,000 files. As of today 4,100 files have been uploaded.

Don't expect normal to come back to the file library for some time.

Thanks to all that have rolled up their sleeves to get the best site up & running..
We so appreciate it!!

Thanks! I knew some of that and sort of figured some. But am I correct in thinking that for the time being there aren't any new uploads?

There will be new uploads, but they'll get lost in the deluge of old file's, i have a few bits myself, but im holding back a few weeks until things settle down, i was uploading your old Glenview files from the old library yesterday, there now new uploads :biggrin-new:

If all goes well, we'll be finished by July 31st.

Coming from the Dark Side as I do, I'm involved in the MSFS2020 repaints, but if I have finished before July 31st, I'll chip in with the other sections. Pretty sure that is what most of us think and plan on doing.

Cheers,

Priller

Hi Huub,

If you're looking for your WW1 aircraft skins to upload, they're in the new library under CFS2 WW1 aircraft skins. I'm afraid it seems we cannot allocate uploads to more than one directory in the new library. We have to do separate uploads.

The WW1 skins done by Cazzie and RobH are also located there. I don't know if they are still active but I can upload them to the FS2004 section in any case.

Cheers,
Kevin

Ive been exploring and getting the hang of the new site, im generally liking it, I was worried about attachment's, i did a few minor scenery's which i added to posts as attachments rather than the file library, Gary Burn's Biggin Hill which i updated for example, ive had a dig in the forum's and its there and all the other's which makes me happy, i may at a future date bundle them up properly and upload them. SteveB did many fine repaints that he added to posts rather than the library, i haven't check'd yet but hopefully they made it over also.
The only grip is the file library, i used to browse the library by image, not to download anything specific , just to browse. You cant really do that with the new library, the image is to small to get a clear idea of the file, and you have to open each individual upload to get an idea of its details.
Other than that, well done so far with the move

Hi Huub,

If you're looking for your WW1 aircraft skins to upload, they're in the new library under CFS2 WW1 aircraft skins. I'm afraid it seems we cannot allocate uploads to more than one directory in the new library. We have to do separate uploads.

The WW1 skins done by Cazzie and RobH are also located there. I don't know if they are still active but I can upload them to the FS2004 section in any case.

Cheers,
Kevin
Hi Kevin,

Thanks Kevin, your help is appreciated. Cazzie is still active, but has moved on the MSFS. I don't think RobH is still active, but I'm not 100% sure.

I have encountered some issues in real life, which need my attention. So I'm happy with all the help in the transfer we can get.

Regards,
Huub

Ive been exploring and getting the hang of the new site, im generally liking it, I was worried about attachment's, i did a few minor scenery's which i added to posts as attachments rather than the file library, Gary Burn's Biggin Hill which i updated for example, ive had a dig in the forum's and its there and all the other's which makes me happy, i may at a future date bundle them up properly and upload them. SteveB did many fine repaints that he added to posts rather than the library, i haven't check'd yet but hopefully they made it over also.
The only grip is the file library, i used to browse the library by image, not to download anything specific , just to browse. You cant really do that with the new library, the image is to small to get a clear idea of the file, and you have to open each individual upload to get an idea of its details.
Other than that, well done so far with the move

Ian, most of Steve Baldwin's repaints can be found in his dropbox account.

The original thread with all links can be found here: https://sim-outhouse.org/sohforums/threads/my-repaints.107002/

Regards,
Huub

Last edited:
Hi Huub & Ian,

Huub, I'm doing the CFS2 Scenery section at the moment, but after that I can do the WW1 skins for FS2004 that were also applicable to CFS2.

Ian, I agree the tiny thumbnails are useless for browsing through the library. I'll delete the rest of the FS2004 scenery files from the old library - thanks for transferring them.

Cheers,
Kevin

Even though I know the things appearing on the upload page are transfers of old files from the library, I was curious enough this morning to look anyway and I spotted a scenery item that I was curious about. I clicked to check it out and couldn't find any indication of what sim it was for. Maybe I didn't look close enough but I couldn't find it.

i cant speak for the file you found Mick but ive been copy-pasting details direct from old lib to new FS2004 resources library including title as it was originally writen, some dont indicate what sim there for, including some of my own :teapot: but as ive moved them directly from old lib to new lib, i figured its ok.
Edit, i think ive just seen the files you mean, but if you look at the bottom of page, its mentions sim in quite small writing.

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 14
Back