• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

P3dv5 - flying boats and amphibians

I cannot get the Sandringham to move in P3Dv5 even on full throttle. I cannot get the Hythe to show visibly although it is listed but I don't know if the latter has been converted yet.

I hadn’t seen this topic, I started to convert Short Sandringham JBK, it’s getting better I added wheels for movement on the ground and I intend to put a good VC

enp65o6.jpg

X17Nney.jpg

Gaston J - no that beauty is not forgotten. Could do with some suitable French places to go fly her!

You can download the "occitania" suite which contains a magnificent hydrobase code "HFBS" (Biscarosse) and airports/scenery for the south of France such as "La Grande Motte", popular seaside resort in France (near airport LFNG).

JMC

I cannot get the Sandringham to move in P3Dv5 even on full throttle. I cannot get the Hythe to show visibly although it is listed but I don't know if the latter has been converted yet.

If you use Accu-Feel, you can adjust Water Drag on individual aircraft. I have found that sometimes when you import an FSX native seaplane into P3Dv5, there seems to be too much water drag. In this case, I usually adjust the water drag until the aircraft will lift off at its rated take-off speed. I recommend checking Sea in Accu-Feel's Aircraft Settings and unchecking Waves AUTO. I uncheck Waves AUTO to prevent any conflict with P3Dv5's wave algorithms. Checking Sea allows you adjust Water Drag on individual aircraft and get the nautical sounds provided by Accu-Feel.

Also, I believe in real life the Sandringham took a long time to get airborne.

I'm not sure how A2A adjusts water drag in Accu-Feel, but I would like to understand what parameters related to the airfile govern water drag. Another research project, lol.

If you use Accu-Feel, you can adjust Water Drag on individual aircraft. I have found that sometimes when you import an FSX native seaplane into P3Dv5, there seems to be too much water drag. In this case, I usually adjust the water drag until the aircraft will lift off at its rated take-off speed. I recommend checking Sea in Accu-Feel's Aircraft Settings and unchecking Waves AUTO. I uncheck Waves AUTO to prevent any conflict with P3Dv5's wave algorithms. Checking Sea allows you adjust Water Drag on individual aircraft and get the nautical sounds provided by Accu-Feel.

Also, I believe in real life the Sandringham took a long time to get airborne.

I'm not sure how A2A adjusts water drag in Accu-Feel, but I would like to understand what parameters related to the airfile govern water drag. Another research project, lol.

Thanks for that. I can now take her off. Much obliged.

Anyone tried the Aerosoft Catalina? That's one of my classics. Cheers, Mark

The old Aerosoft PBY (FSX) works just fine. I just copied across the install from FSX and dropped into the simobjects/airplanes folder. (That was early days I no longer do that but getting this xml thing working sometimes is a pain). Anyway works with no glitches or issues that I have found. Not sure if the installer pointed to another folder to get up will work, sometimes that works for some not for others!

This the PBY 5-Mil with JanKees TEAL paint. All the old paints go across ok too so I have not lost a thing there. A delight to have it in this sim. But still to give it a try out with the rolling sea issue.

l6f2fi0.jpg

The old Aerosoft PBY (FSX) works just fine. I just copied across the install from FSX and dropped into the simobjects/airplanes folder. (That was early days I no longer do that but getting this xml thing working sometimes is a pain). Anyway works with no glitches or issues that I have found. Not sure if the installer pointed to another folder to get up will work, sometimes that works for some not for others!

This the PBY 5-Mil with JanKees TEAL paint. All the old paints go across ok too so I have not lost a thing there. A delight to have it in this sim. But still to give it a try out with the rolling sea issue.

Thanks for the report! Sounds promising. Looking forward to try it out once my new system is up and running.

Cheers,
Mark

Lionheart Proton Stingray Amphibian in P3Dv5. It's not supposed to be compatible with P3Dv5, only up to v4.4. However, I found that if you disable some of the cockpit sounds in the panel.cfg that were giving error messages when the aircraft loads, it seems to work fine.

Remark out this line

// gauge00=FBGS_Sound_x86!FBGS_XMLSound, 954,699,23,23, SimObjects\Airplanes\LHC_Stingrey_RG\panel\PanelSounds#200

in the [Window00] and [Vcockpit01] sections.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Proton Stingray.jpg
    Proton Stingray.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 808
Already posted one shot in Screenshots but thought it worthwhile to reproduce another here. This is P3DV5 with the wind cranked up to 60 knots as you would expect a very nasty sea indeed - flying possible not at all not even in the Sunderland. Couple of big waves later she dug in a float and CRASH!.

yzBFBkp.jpg

George Diemer has come out of retirement (sort of) and it appears began upgrading his Sikorsky's for FSX/P3D. More to come I hope. This is the S-44 at Port Washington New York City. Available at the moment on SimAviation P3D/Vintage. The scenery is from my upload here of various FB bases around the globe.

zi7UC6b.jpg

and all the interior and VC is all working very nicely.

VUFnkzI.jpg

The scenery is from my upload here of various FB bases around the globe.

The tireless AF Scrubb has produce a floatplane version of the C172 and the C208 for those with a need to fly a Cessna on floats. Here in the library for download.

Beriev Be-6

This Russian Beriev Be-6 a conversion of a SimRu.us. This is a Russian Beriev of the cold war period, also used by the Chinese PLAF , should be available soon!. Nice VC and nicely done with a variety of textures as well! Looks like a Martin but it is not a copy at all. Fuselage is much bigger and boxier (to carry variety of loads) - the gull wings and twin tail fins - common outcome to same problem in flying boats - keeping the props and empenage out of spray and waves! Not sure when it will be finalised but looking good. This about a 150kt cruise machine - range not sure has automixture!

khEaih2.jpg

Do you have more screenshots and info about this? I can’t find a site called “simru.us”.

Thanks.

This Russian Beriev Be-6 a conversion of a SimRu.us. This is a Russian Beriev of the cold war period, also used by the Chinese PLAF , should be available soon!. Nice VC and nicely done with a variety of textures as well! Looks like a Martin but it is not a copy at all. Fuselage is much bigger and boxier (to carry variety of loads) - the gull wings and twin tail fins - common outcome to same problem in flying boats - keeping the props and empenage out of spray and waves! Not sure when it will be finalised but looking good. This about a 150kt cruise machine - range not sure has automixture!

khEaih2.jpg

Sean this is a conversion sent to me for some testing and checks - The plan is to get it out for the community, not sure when but there are just a couple of things to fix (not show stoppers) but the metric instrumentation and cyrillic script all over is a bit daunting but once you get used to it ok. I think they wanted me to do the package for SOH but still awaiting outcome. Yes I will fire up the sim and get some more screenshots.

Beriev Flying Boats

I have not heard about the final release of the BE-6 but the BE-12 (Turboprop version) has been released and is at SimAviation for those interested.

Back