• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

P3dv5 - flying boats and amphibians

A bit breezy in the lagoon at Aitutaki Kiribati this morning - JBK's Solent in P3DV5.2

h2N1LMp.jpg

The finished conversion of the JBK Sunderland for P3DV5.2 has been uploaded to the SOH Library for those interested!.

RqxyxXl.jpg

The upgraded and updated for P3DV5 - JBK Short Sandringham has been uploaded to the libary and is now available for those interested. There is a new sound package based on the P&W 1830 engines, FSL Spotlight lighting and modified air and config to represent the P&W powered Sandringham. The VC and gauges are remodelled and rebuilt and represent the VC or cockpit as it was when Ansett operated the Sandringham.

3rk5JRV.jpg

NoYdKzx.jpg

P3DV% and NVIDIA Wave Motion

Don Muskopf had a tip some time ago about AcuFeel messing up the waves in P3D. Accufeel used to be fine in this regard in FSX but I completely overlooked this and have been struggling for some time with the on water behaviour of all the flying boats and amphibians. It seemed to me that once you used real time weather injection there was a scalar magnifying the wave motion and its impact forces not to mention water drag on the hull.

So this is a DUH moment. I finally went over my notes and checked AcuFeel, because having it installed in the sim as an addon it was automatically setting wave motion etc without me being aware of it. So now it is turned off for all amphibians, floaters and flying boats and the change is remarkable, no more pounding through maginfied swells and seas!

So the fix or switch in the contact points section of the aircraft config of using either:

//always_use_avg_surface=1
or
//ignore_waves=1

is no longer required and I can safely edit them out and let P3D do its stuff. AS is a bonus here because you can get a quick real time wind report where you are (or what it is injecting into the sim) so you can easily see now if your going to go flying or not and the wave conditions now seem to mirror that better. I have still yet to see a perfectly calm see but it is ok!.

Oh another little thing about P3DV5 I discovered by chance. If you have a common or effects in an addon when the sim loads it reads these effects files into memory before it goes to the main effects folder and use the effects it has not already loaded. This turned up when I spent a day chasing a dodgy wake effect (you know the vertical to the sky syndrome) to find out that the only thing I had changed was a new addon and buried in that addons effects folder were a couple of fx wake files, corrupted it would seem. I deleted them and the sim and the effects have returned to normal. A useful tip if your looking for something amiss in this area.

P3D Anchor Guage

Here is a clever little guage for those who use things that float on water. By True North and freeware (look for TruNorthSim_Anchor_Guage.zip at Simaviation - P3D files section) quote -"The purpose of this addon is to all the user to lock the aircraft's latitude and longitude acting as an 'anchor'. It is useful for keeping float planes from drifting when parked on a lake or river. You may find it useful for other applications as well."

No visual of mooring lines or anything like that but it works by putting on the park brake. Anhors up park brake off. Neat. Note - may conflict with the JBK Sunderland as that model uses the brake on/off to open shut the front turret.
TruNorthSim_Anchor_Gauge.zip

TruNorthSim_Anchor_Gauge.zip

oTruNorthSim_Anchor_Gauge.zip

rthSim_Anchor_Gauge.zip

Updated Flying Boat Base Package

I have uploaded and updated flying boat base package into the SOH Library under P3D Addons Scenery.

Back